Found Deceased UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's the update from the inquest, held today. There is a detailed report at the link, I've just posted the main headlines below.

An inquest held at Eastbourne Town Hall today (Thursday, January 28), heard how the young father had drunk alcohol and used cocaine on the night he went missing

Mr Knott’s primary cause of death was confirmed as drowning in salt water.

East Sussex coroner Alan Craze recorded a conclusion of accidental death.

Firefighter who went missing in Lewes accidently drowned in River Ouse, inquest hears

Last edited:
Here's the update from the inquest, held today. There is a detailed report at the link, I've just posted the main headlines below.

An inquest held at Eastbourne Town Hall today (Thursday, January 28), heard how the young father had drunk alcohol and used cocaine on the night he went missing

Mr Knott’s primary cause of death was confirmed as drowning in salt water.

East Sussex coroner Alan Craze recorded a conclusion of accidental death.

Firefighter who went missing in Lewes accidently drowned in River Ouse, inquest hears

I remember us discussing if he had taken drugs and might have left to pick up more.

I remember us discussing if he had taken drugs and might have left to pick up more.

Yeah I recall the restless energy and chain smoking seemed to suggest he might have been taking cocain.

Were we expecting salt water? Either way, it's a real tragedy. So many people lost to water every year.

Salt water! Lewes is 8 miles from the sea. Gonna have to read up on tidal rivers, I've never really thought about rivers being salty.

The Hudson River in NY can be brackish up to 153 miles (near Troy, NY). So it is possible that, depending on the tide that the river is fairly brackish. The Delaware River is brackish and tidal to north of Trenton, NJ (approx. 133 miles).

The Hudson River in NY can be brackish up to 153 miles (near Troy, NY). So it is possible that, depending on the tide that the river is fairly brackish. The Delaware River is brackish and tidal to north of Trenton, NJ (approx. 133 miles).

Thanks, wow that's some distance!
I've just read the water described as brackish in the Lewes area - it's just not something I've ever really thought about :oops:

Last sighting near Subway in East Street is news to me as I understood the last cctv of him was in Market Street.
No disrespect intended towards family and friends, but they maintained throughout that he was 'happy' when he was actually on anti-depressants.
The combination of (if memory serves me right) a night shift, nine alcoholic drinks, cocaine and Sertraline doesn't make for clear thinking so it's perfectly possible that he simply became disorientated - though equally possible he had a terrible moment of feeling desperate.
We'll never know, and sadly the verdict provides only partial closure for those who loved him.
May he rest in peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back