Found Deceased UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
An inquest has to be at least six weeks after death, but the body can already have been released, they use the post mortem reports at the inquest (they then become public information). The inquest was mentioned with regard the petition before the body was released (so before they had any idea whether they would have an inquest or not). IMO- I think we are going to be disappointed and never get a definitive answer

Thanks Ruth. Had not realised re the inquest and PM results being used. So could be any time in the next few weeks then.

Had a quick MSM search for inquests in river deaths- recorded as open verdict. IMO it will be the same with Anthony as they will use the same logic. If there was any criminal elements involved you would think the police would be keeping that night fresh in everyone’s heads and still appealing for CCTV etc.
Open verdicts on river deaths pair

If we assume that the cause of death is drowning and further assume that there are no signs of an assault, the inquest will also explore if it's possible to ascertain whether the drowning was accidental or deliberate.
It may have been possible to discover whether his phone was switched off deliberately or ran out of battery and the people around him will have been interviewed and statements forwarded to the Coroner, so it may be that there's a clear verdict.
If there's no clear proof either way, an open verdict will be returned.

The petition for fencing the river is a bit of a red herring, I feel, as (this is going to sound unbelievably callous but here goes) nobody but Anthony's nearest and dearest and a bunch of overwrought people who spend too long on facebook seriously believe it's even a possibility.
As far as I'm aware, noone has ever drowned by accident in the Ouse as it runs through Lewes.

It does make me wonder if the family would understandably prefer his drowning to have been an accident rather than a deliberate act.
Personally, I feel that the phone evidence is crucial, as might be any cctv footage which have been discovered later on but not made public.
As we've never heard from any of the colleagues who were with him that day, my gut feeling is that this wasn't an accident.

Sorry, yes, I ought to have said "Every sudden or unexpected death is reported to the Coroner"

But I'd draw your attention to this paragraph in the article you quote

"Asked by the Press whether it was highly unusual for there to be no inquest when a body was found in a river, he said: “I am not personally aware of any previous cases where bodies were found in the River Ouse or River Foss which has not resulted in an inquest being deemed necessary after investigation."

It's highly unusual for there not to be an inquest in such circumstances.

Bit off topic here so this post might not last long.

My daughter's partner took his own life two years ago next month.
The death was obviously reported to the coroner.
The body was released after about 3 weeks and an inquest took place about four months after.

Obviously the verdict would be suicide (he sent emails timed to arrive after the event, explaining how and why he had taken this course of action) but his family were, and remain, convinced that it was caused by the SSRI medication he had been prescribed for anxiety and wanted this acknowledged and recorded.
This was discussed at the inquest and the family called expert witnesses, but in vain as though it was referred to in the coroner's report, he didn't cite it as a contributing factor.
But the circumstances around the suicide were of concern to the coroner, as it will be if he believes Anthony Knott took his own life.

I can see parallels between this and the family of Anthony Knott's support of the campaign to fence the Ouse, though it has to be said, there is far more evidence to show that SSRIs can cause psychotic and suicidal episodes than there is to show that the Ouse is a killer river.

Bit off topic here so this post might not last long.

My daughter's partner took his own life two years ago next month.
The death was obviously reported to the coroner.
The body was released after about 3 weeks and an inquest took place about four months after.

Obviously the verdict would be suicide (he sent emails timed to arrive after the event, explaining how and why he had taken this course of action) but his family were, and remain, convinced that it was caused by the SSRI medication he had been prescribed for anxiety and wanted this acknowledged and recorded.
This was discussed at the inquest and the family called expert witnesses, but in vain as though it was referred to in the coroner's report, he didn't cite it as a contributing factor.
But the circumstances around the suicide were of concern to the coroner, as it will be if he believes Anthony Knott took his own life.

I can see parallels between this and the family of Anthony Knott's support of the campaign to fence the Ouse, though it has to be said, there is far more evidence to show that SSRIs can cause psychotic and suicidal episodes than there is to show that the Ouse is a killer river.

I'm so sorry to hear this guiser, it must be incredibly difficult for you all.

I'm so sorry to hear this guiser, it must be incredibly difficult for you all.

Thanks.
I can't even begin to try to explain the effect this has had on my daughter and our family.

But back to the matter in hand.
Something that's been bothering me for a while.

Even after the alleged last cctv sighting was of Anthony in Market Street walking south towards the war memorial/High Street area was made public, why did the police return to search again in the Pells area, more than 500 metres to the north, even though it had been searched before?

Search for missing firefighter continues

I'm still checking the Coroner's schedule from time to time . Nothing for Anthony as of yet(although there is one case on there now with a D.O.D in December) .
Having a quick look at the schedules for Brighton & Hove area and , for comparison , the schedule for my local Coroner , East Sussex does not seem to be as up to date as other regions . Perhaps , administratively , they're just under-resourced .

I was having a little poke around today , and I spotted that The Lamb has been closed(or is to be closed) due to revocation of/refusal to renew its license.

Having read through the entire document and supporting papers of the official proceedings (the overriding reasons for closure being ASB and evidence of drug use on the premises/failure to rectify/attend to the drug issue having been given the opportunity to do so) - the statement from Sussex Police alludes to , and the actual report from an attending Constable outlines the lack of cooperation from The Lamb in providing their CCTV recordings which were requested in connection with the(Anthony's) missing person's enquiry , pointedly stating they "were generally being evasive" .
Leaving Facebook (apologies can't upload as file is too big and the URL was immense (Public Report Pack Lewes District Council pdf) . For anyone wishing to read , mentions regarding CCTV are from page 35(ish) onward (100 page doc) , but the attending PC's statement is on pg 42 .
It transpires that the Police Constable eventually had to seize the CCTV hard drive from the premises . This was on 3 January , which means full CCTV was finally obtained nearer to the date of Anthony's recovery than it was to his disappearance .

I'm confused as I was under the impression that images from The Lamb had been viewed(per Anthony's bf during his interview with SKY) quite early on . I wonder whether the pub just showed them particular images and not it in its entirety ?

( I know , rationally , that their overt lack of cooperation and the consequential delay would likely not have had any impact on the tragic ending , but I kind of feel uncomfortable that their evasiveness might have been driven by some misguided self-preservation (perhaps because of already being in trouble with the Police's drug trace stuff) and the human story took a back seat . MOO ) .

I shared this research into missing men early on in the thread. Here it is again. The part about men being found in water gives a table with stats about Drowning, Fall, Cold Water Shock. There is also a section about Verdicts with figures for misadventure, accident etc.

http://www2.port.ac.uk/media/contacts-and-departments/icjs/csmp/MONO-Report-101217.pdf

And regarding peeing after alcohol there is this
Why does alcohol make you pee more?

Hi, I remembered this useful post and was going to post the link in the Lewis Simpson thread. But the link does not seem to be working. It was very interesting/insightful/helpful reading . Is there any way we can access it again?

Hi, I remembered this useful post and was going to post the link in the Lewis Simpson thread. But the link does not seem to be working. It was very interesting/insightful/helpful reading . Is there any way we can access it again?

They must have had so many views they have now locked it. What a shame

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi
Back