Found Deceased UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
agree, I don’t think the PI can do much more than what’s already been done. The chances of him doing a disappearing act are almost ziltch, imo and that’s the only way a PI could maybe help in this case. I did read that the PI will only happen if there are funds left after L has taken what she needs from the fund....found that bit odd....
Wages, It’s something this post has made me ponder on- they are missing they don’t go to work, do they then get paid. It’s a harsh company that wouldn’t make a goodwill gesture but on the same score, they are businesses with clear rules and guidance on when to pay someone. Unless they are declared dead, in which case some of the pensions I have been in would pay out a small lump sum to my family. I’m not jumping to conclusions about making sure the mortgage is paid first, PI second. It’s family priorities and Whilst my heart would just want to find my partner, my head (and she has some strong family network going on to help her decision make) would know I can’t make myself homeless.

The woman outside chatting with them had posted on the CCTV footage that it was her and she chatted about nothing much, but she identified herself to the family. You would assume they have seen both lots of footage, I never saw the footage myself only your still and agree it looks remarkably similar. Wonder if the timings were out and it was much earlier in the day, hence it being deleted.

That’s a good point timing may have been out. It just looks like a remarkable coincidence three people looking so similar.

Wages, It’s something this post has made me ponder on- they are missing they don’t go to work, do they then get paid. It’s a harsh company that wouldn’t make a goodwill gesture but on the same score, they are businesses with clear rules and guidance on when to pay someone. Unless they are declared dead, in which case some of the pensions I have been in would pay out a small lump sum to my family. I’m not jumping to conclusions about making sure the mortgage is paid first, PI second. It’s family priorities and Whilst my heart would just want to find my partner, my head (and she has some strong family network going on to help her decision make) would know I can’t make myself homeless.

‘yes I completely understand she has to think practical, sadly I doubt he’s coming home now. IMO, a PI would be a complete waste of money.

Slightly OT/not really relevant right now, regarding voluntarily missing. It was said if LE found him and he didn't want family to know his whereabouts they would not disclose it. But he is a father of four, surely he would still be ordered to pay child support?

Slightly OT/not really relevant right now, regarding voluntarily missing. It was said if LE found him and he didn't want family to know his whereabouts they would not disclose it. But he is a father of four, surely he would still be ordered to pay child support?

Cant take child support payments off someone who isn’t going to work.

Just to put it into perspective a little about the water in Lewes and the flood warning, that many use to secure their argument. It didn’t start raining until almost 10.00 the night he disappeared, it didn’t flood until the Saturday 21st which was when he was first searched for. The flooding height at Lewes is less then 3 metres and it didn’t reach that in December, so did enter flood plains, but not massively so. I then had to google (as I live by the notorious river Ouse) how many bodies are in the river Ouse and exchanged it with Sussex and York. Lots in York, none apart from the recent suicide in Sussex. I still really struggle with the water death. If that is where he rests, there must be some really unfortunate circumstances that led to it.

Not sure how it works in the UK...but he would be liable to go to jail in the US I think...eventually anyway. Though that just builds up more support debts...
I get how you got to this conversation, but I really think it’s irrelevant. In the uk, and the us, if someone is living effectively off grid as a ghost be that couch surfing under a different name etc you need to be found before you pay/ get jailed. @cluciano63 in the UK they would take it direct from your wages/benefits if you didn’t pay (although it takes time). At this moment he is missing, so all irrelevant, again different system in the US, it is much harder in the UK to find work under an alibi, and the wage system unless cash in hand is also different.

You can bypass all the stuff like finger prints, entering card details, voice recognition. He could set the phone up very quickly with minimal security features too, a 4 digit pin code to unlock or even take off the phone lock completely.

I've tried all this with an old Iphone 6 I've got spare just now and a new SIM compared to the old SIM. It worked and I made a call all within 3 minutes of putting the SIM card into the phone.

A new email account can be in any name whatsoever, he could call himself Shirley Temple if he wanted to on the new account. That only took me 90 seconds to set up.

I still can't work out if his phone IMEI would become traceable with a new SIM fitted to it via the phone networks or Apple. If it can be traced then I would be ruling this out immediately because the police would have then traced the new SIM phone number.

I watch the series Hunted in the UK and the stuff those hunters have access too is unbelievable regarding mobile phones. Not sure if you have watched any of the series, but the technology they have access too regarding phones being in areas is quite amazing.

With Anthony's phone switched off, it would still ping onto the local masts for a while afterwards. Hopefully an expert in the Police has checked this thoroughly rather than just check his itemised bill and online account for calls or texts.

He also may have disposed of his Iphone securely and used a completely different ' burner ' phone to get away.

It’s the actual phone that’s traceable, regardless of the SIM

@EyeSpyU ignore the misunderstandings, I never saw any criticism of this case. Maybe it’s an across seas misunderstanding of the expectation of police in the UK. He is classed as high risk and the police are expected to perform the minimum requirements laid out ( attached in a photo), which they have- this includes water searches (which are carried out by volunteers and not the police themselves). Unfortunately it is cases like these that are often unsolved unless police go above and beyond.

Last edited:
Catching up, enjoying the many thought provoking and interesting posts today.

I find it odd that his mates were all apparently so hammered that not one of them could remember anything about him leaving, or why. I don't say this to cast shade on them as they must be having a dreadful time of it. More to suggest it isn't quite the case, but it's what has been put out in the public domain for some reason (by other parties). Pure speculation on my part.

As the days pass and everyone stays tight-lipped, I become more and more convinced that there are aspects of this case that are being deliberately withheld for operational or other reasons.

Of course the family want to know what happened to him, but I think they and the police know why he left the Lamb and either they think they'll lose public support or that investigations into someone implicated in his disappearance will be compromised if the reason is disclosed.

Just to put it into perspective a little about the water in Lewes and the flood warning, that many use to secure their argument. It didn’t start raining until almost 10.00 the night he disappeared, it didn’t flood until the Saturday 21st which was when he was first searched for. The flooding height at Lewes is less then 3 metres and it didn’t reach that in December, so did enter flood plains, but not massively so. I then had to google (as I live by the notorious river Ouse) how many bodies are in the river Ouse and exchanged it with Sussex and York. Lots in York, none apart from the recent suicide in Sussex. I still really struggle with the water death. If that is where he rests, there must be some really unfortunate circumstances that led to it.

It's a bit misleading to say it didn't start raining till 10pm on the Friday.
It had been raining heavily for most of the previous week and I noticed how high the river was when I was on Cliffe High Street on Wednesday 18th.

On Thursday all the talk in Uckfield (about 7 miles upstream) was about whether the river would burst its banks (see link for live news reports on Friday) and although they can work magic by juggling the sluices at Barcombe, all that water had to flow down to Lewes eventually.

River Uck stabilises - flooding fear recedes for now | Uckfield News

Also, not sure what is the relevance of the York stats, as York is a busy city with a population of over 200,000, with a large number of students, whereas Lewes is a sleepy little town with an older than average population of 17,000.

Last edited:
It would be useful if we knew in which directions Anthony could have walked without being on CCTV. The high street seems unlikely to me, there are banks and bookies which would have cameras as well as plenty of other shops. He didn't go back on himself, so did he walk down the back alley (Market Lane) to get back to the Lamb?

It's all a bit Corrie. Anyone checked the bins?

[bbm]

translation?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB