UK UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
but if he was planning to go home, on the train and didn’t know Lewes well...then he would not be turning his phone off, he would be more likely to use it to get to the station.

I think the switch off was deliberate, he was going somewhere, even if only for some fresh air

How do we know 100% sure he switched his phone off. Can somebody explain the technology behind this. I think when you are with a group out you would tell at least one of them you were going home (especially the one you made arrangements with taking a cab together or the like)

but if he was planning to go home, on the train and didn’t know Lewes well...then he would not be turning his phone off, he would be more likely to use it to get to the station.

I think the switch off was deliberate, he was going somewhere, even if only for some fresh air

I agree if he switched it off rather than battery dying not sure which though

Thanks a lot Legally!

So if we look at the research report @Officer Dibble provided the water was in the 1 km range. Hmmm.....I know....actually I still don't want to go there but I researched a couple of missing persons cases in Amsterdam in relation to water. In wintertime most of them came up around one and a half month after they went missing, drowned. There isn't a current...that could be intervening here...Sorry, don't want to upset someone.

More info from a family member placed on a lewes community site ...hope this is allowed

‼️Calling out to the people of Lewes. Please can you check through your cctv & if ok to forward on any CCTV from the following areas, either to us or police.

Market street
A2029 (between Elephant & Castle & market street)
High street
The road leading down to the train station
Saint john’s hill

We have footage with Anthony in from...
19.16 - Lamb of Lewes
19.17 - Elephant & Castle pub - walking down
19.36 - Elephant & Castle pub - walking back up
19.41 - Flea market & HJ Barbers

Any footage located near those places above would be really helpful please.

More info from a family member placed on a lewes community site ...hope this is allowed

‼️Calling out to the people of Lewes. Please can you check through your cctv & if ok to forward on any CCTV from the following areas, either to us or police.

Market street
A2029 (between Elephant & Castle & market street)
High street
The road leading down to the train station
Saint john’s hill

We have footage with Anthony in from...
19.16 - Lamb of Lewes
19.17 - Elephant & Castle pub - walking down
19.36 - Elephant & Castle pub - walking back up
19.41 - Flea market & HJ Barbers

Any footage located near those places above would be really helpful please.

Great info thanks!

I have to say something....I'm very frustrated that the public has to provide the CCTV footage helping this desperate lovely lady out.....and of course that is great...but where is the police....and why is it so hard to communicate about the circumstances Anthony stepped out the Lamb pub? Where they still together or not....how hard can that be?

The timings between elephant & castle pub and flea market (5 mins) suggest he was walking a normal pace. I'm more inclined to think his gait was more to do with the effort of walking uphill after walking for 20 mins+ than from drink. Probably was drunk but not staggering around kind of drunk. IMO.

I agree I think he was dr
The timings between elephant & castle pub and flea market (5 mins) suggest he was walking a normal pace. I'm more inclined to think his gait was more to do with the effort of walking uphill after walking for 20 mins+ than from drink. Probably was drunk but not staggering around kind of drunk. IMO.
I think this also ..drunk but not incapable at all ..his partner also stated he is the type of person who manages well if drunk

I really do think now that he was trying to slip away early and to me that suggests more that he intended to go home than anything else. Perhaps lost his bearings when leaving the pub and after walking for 10 minutes realised he was heading away from the town and so doubled back. The reason I think he wanted to leave is that he's avoided going back down Fisher Street on his return, which he might have done if he didn't want to lose the group and miss their next move, and has carried straight on to Market Street. That appears to be deliberate non-intention of returning to me. There would obviously be toilet facilities in the pub, and he's had an opportunity to get fresh air after 20 minutes of being outside. Another possibility could be looking for a food outlet but then I would think he'd have mentioned that to see if anyone else wanted food.

MOO

CCTV image of missing firefighter released

More comments about the phone being switched off , and i know some people are saying how do we know it's him...I mean it's a good guess to think it is...it's his phone. None of the reports are now saying it died or anything just that it was switched off.

Also, more reporting on the CCTV footage showing him walking back to the pub not away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme