UK UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the BBC article linked above it is said he's also rubbing his hands together while still at the pub. So probably not the cold. jmo

Leaving autism/Aspergers aside for now, since it is just speculative, when do people rub their hands, repeatedly too? What kind of emotion/frame of mind is behind that? To me it points to impatience, nervousness .... like I'm impatient to move or to start something or to leave. You say anxiety. Anybody else has any ideas/association/experience with rubbing hands?
I can visualise in particular guys doing it if they become animated or kind of excited. For instance in a work or sports team briefing it could denote "right then lets crack on" type of thing. I know people who fiddle with their hands a lot out of habit, nerves or restlessness. Rubbing hands I dont see too often these days. Unless its cold!!

I think rosesfromangels has a point, being a firefighter asks immediate reaction when the alarm goes. You have to go from one second to the other in the action mode....not everybody is "built" for that. Especially people with autism, who cling most of the time to known patterns and would get very upset when things go out of the ordinary or under pressure, would fit in that kind of job. Of course anybody can adapt to situations to a certain level but being a firefighter with autism would be a real big challenge. They only way this could be possible if your team knows all about it and can deal with it and compensate for you....IMO
That is quite untrue- in fact there are schools of thought that believe a proportion of people in the military, for example, are autistic. They are far less likely to be swayed by emotion and thrive on rules and guidance without seeing the fear many do.

In the BBC article linked above it is said he's also rubbing his hands together while still at the pub. So probably not the cold. jmo

Leaving autism/Aspergers aside for now, since it is just speculative, when do people rub their hands, repeatedly too? What kind of emotion/frame of mind is behind that? To me it points to impatience, nervousness .... like I'm impatient to move or to start something or to leave. You say anxiety. Anybody else has any ideas/association/experience with rubbing hands?

I do it when I'm cold....sometimes my hand are itching...

deleted double post

Last edited:
That is quite untrue- in fact there are schools of thought that believe a proportion of people in the military, for example, are autistic. They are far less likely to be swayed by emotion and thrive on rules and guidance without seeing the fear many do.

Interesting....not seeing fear would also be a very bad characteristic when being a firefighter in a team.

I can visualise in particular guys doing it if they become animated or kind of excited. For instance in a work or sports team briefing it could denote "right then lets crack on" type of thing.

Yes right! In anticipation of action. "Lets do it!"

But what was he wanting to do?

Maybe he does this all the time and not just that night. His fiancee would know. But then why did the detective mention it specifically (along with the bouncy gait)?

Yes right! In anticipation of action. "Lets do it!"

But what was he wanting to do?

Maybe he does this all the time and not just that night. His fiancee would know. But then why did the detective mention it specifically (along with the bouncy gait)?
V interesting for sure. They may just be personal mannerisms which they feel are worth flagging

After the last sighting on CCTV walking back towards the pub, is it possible that he was picked up by someone in a car and that is why he is not seen again and seems to have vanished after the last footage of him? When his phone was last used, do we know if it was a call, message or internet?

How close is he to his marriage date? Men sometimes go a bit off the rails with impending marriage. What about his ex wife? Has she weighed in on his disappearance? She has (4?) kids with him, so no doubt she has quite a bit of anxiety about this IWT.

Amateur opinion and speculation

After the last sighting on CCTV walking back towards the pub, is it possible that he was picked up by someone in a car and that is why he is not seen again and seems to have vanished after the last footage of him? When his phone was last used, do we know if it was a call, message or internet?
In the last footage he was heading away from the pubs, possibly to the station- but not seen on CCTV past the war memorial roundabout.

How close is he to his marriage date? Men sometimes go a bit off the rails with impending marriage. What about his ex wife? Has she weighed in on his disappearance? She has (4?) kids with him, so no doubt she has quite a bit of anxiety about this IWT.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Does he have an ex?, obviously he does at 33.

theres no sign of him in the area

so yes, being picked up by car is quite likely, and thats my theory too. either pre arranged or on impulse
I agree - he has vanished and is not seen again after the last footage on CCTV. Leaving by vehicle would certainly explain why he hasn’t been seen again on foot. Did the Police manage to get CCTV of all of the vehicles leaving that area at the time he vanished? I did wonder if he was walking to meet someone in a car, possibly someone who also wasn’t too familiar with Lewes and he was perhaps walking around looking for the person he was meeting. The phone being off could have been flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member