UK UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been mentioned that he could have left the pub to go and buy some cigarettes or to buy a charger. Could he have left to go and buy a lottery ticket?

I have to say, I find the wording in the statement by his Fiancée a bit odd re “this is too big now”. Does anyone else think this? I wonder if the press changed the wording or misquoted as “this is too big now” almost sounds as if he is in hiding somewhere - I have seen similar wording in the past when ‘disappearances’ turned out to be planned.

It has been mentioned that he could have left the pub to go and buy some cigarettes or to buy a charger. Could he have left to go and buy a lottery ticket?

I have to say, I find the wording in the statement by his Fiancée a bit odd re “this is too big now”. Does anyone else think this? I wonder if the press changed the wording or misquoted as “this is too big now” almost sounds as if he is in hiding somewhere - I have seen similar wording in the past when ‘disappearances’ turned out to be planned.

Good point. If the above has happened then it reminds me that I read suggestions that a man in a flat cap and trainers (white?) is on CCTV with a similar walk to Anthony.

Does anyone else think this statement from Anthony’s fiancée is odd? :

“If he is watching and you’re thinking ‘Oh I can’t go home, this is too big now’, honestly, you don’t realize how many people want you back regardless of the situation you left - if that is the case.”

Aren’t these elements strange?:

If ‘he’ is watching - very impersonal language

‘This thing is too big’ - what thing?

‘You don’t realize how many people want you back’ - what about how much you, his fiancée want him back?

‘the situation you left’ - what situation?

‘If that is the case’ - very business like and impersonal

“If he is watching and you’re thinking ‘Oh I can’t go home, this is too big now’, honestly, you don’t realize how many people want you back regardless of the situation you left - if that is the case.”

‘You don’t realize how many people want you back’ - what about how much you, his fiancée want him back?

I don’t get anything weird from this at all.

Ok I’ll rephrase it. What situation is she referring to when she talks about the thing that is too big?

Nice to meet you, rosesfromangels.
I assume she means him being missing being on the news. A lot of people appealing to their missing relatives or friends use similar language, basically encouraging them that they don't have to "hide" until all the press blows over or be embarrassed to turn up now that the police are searching for them etc. Just MOO. :)

I keep looking at how narrow the pavements are in Market Lane and the vicinity. If you weren't too sure on your feet for whatever reason, I can see how it would be easy to trip and go into the road?
But if that had happened, surely somebody would come to your aid, or there'd be witnesses...

I assume she means him being missing being on the news. A lot of people appealing to their missing relatives or friends use similar language, basically encouraging them that they don't have to "hide" until all the press blows over or be embarrassed to turn up now that the police are searching for them etc. Just MOO. :)
On the sky news video of an interview with his best friend very similar scripted language is used. There are some weird pause points (well one) in his partners video appeal- but I’m no body language expert so apart from thinking the pause was strange, there is nothing else I see or hear other than it being very scripted.

I keep looking at how narrow the pavements are in Market Lane and the vicinity. If you weren't too sure on your feet for whatever reason, I can see how it would be easy to trip and go into the road?
But if that had happened, surely somebody would come to your aid, or there'd be witnesses...
Especially as it was before 8.00 on mad Friday.

The national lottery kiosks close at 7.30 during draw nights, so he would’ve been cutting it a bit fine to buy a ticket in a town he didn’t know.
I’m not convinced he went for ciggies either, surely he could have borrowed a few and then went to buy some when they all left together to go to a different pub? That’s the way it would normally go down when I’ve been out with a group and someone had run out. It’s all so baffling. I’m stumped

Ok I’ll rephrase it. What situation is she referring to when she talks about the thing that is too big?

Nice to meet you, rosesfromangels.
Likely all the press coverage and so forth. As an example, (example only!), could you imagine being off on a bender only to emerge and find you had half the country looking for you!? : )
Nice meeting you too.

amateur opinion and speculation

I'm going to second the people thinking this is odd, because I have thought that for a bit. But for me, I just find the idea of him falling into the water odd with the visuals we've seen and what we know.

I'm going to second the people thinking this is odd, because I have thought that for a bit. But for me, I just find the idea of him falling into the water odd with the visuals we've seen and what we know.
I remember the case of Richard Cole who had been drinking in an Amsterdam bar, was mugged alongside a canal and somehow ended up rolling into the canal where he was found days later, drowned. All captured and eventually viewed on CCTV. He was drunk but apparently OK until he was set upon.
We don't know what happened to AK after his last sighting, that's the problem. IMO there has to be more CCTV cameras along those streets that have yet been viewed ?

It was my first concern.

I remember the case of Richard Cole who had been drinking in an Amsterdam bar, was mugged alongside a canal and somehow ended up rolling into the canal where he was found days later, drowned. All captured and eventually viewed on CCTV. He was drunk but apparently OK until he was set upon.
We don't know what happened to AK after his last sighting, that's the problem. IMO there has to be more CCTV cameras along those streets that have yet been viewed ?

I agree there will be more footage or people will have phoned it in but it hasnt been followed up.

The two things I find odd are the lack of cctv or sightings by witnesses after the 7.41pm cctv (at least in the public domain) and that they have called off searches apparently definitively. Considering the location of the 7.41pm its hard for me to believe nothing has come up after that. So I think maybe it has, but its not for general release.

JMO

So they went Lansdowne arms (Between 4 and 5.00 approx, CCTV seen) , the royal oak (according to bar staff on Lewes present) the lamb ( left at 7.16, seen on CCTV, but not in public domain) and then elephant and castle.

New theory: could he have tried to make his way back to one of the previous pubs (Landsdown Arms, Royal Oak)? Lost his way? Couldn't find the way back?

As an aside, looking at the several cctv clips I found myself puzzled that this was described as a very busy night when everyone and their uncle are out for Xmas drinks/dinners/shopping/socializing etc. To me it looks like the dead of night. If I hadn't been told I would have thought the footage was from 3am or 4am. I expected crowds of people, heavy traffic etc. Instead we have one van passing a couple and someone standing opposite, or three people walking down the sidewalk in a dark empty street .... :confused: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck