UK UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a brighter version of the vid that you're referring to , but it's here on Kentlive(all footage)
New CCTV released in hunt for missing Anthony Knott

You've been absolutely adamant that Anthony is carrying a bag - but that is just not so(in any CCTV) . The guy and female ahead of Anthony(second bit of footage) are carrying what looks to be white bags(possibly from the takeaway) .
I'm really not sure what you think you're seeing , but whatever it is , it's just not there .
He seems to have a pronounced and somewhat awkward swinging of his right arm. Perhaps it’s just his normal movements, but his right arm movement seems a bit out of proportion to the rest of his body.
His gait doesn’t appear to be that of someone super inebriated, but the Arm looks weird to me. Perhaps over analyzing.

amateur opinion and speculation

That's a long way to travel for a pub crawl. Wonder what the attraction is in Lewes? Plenty of pubs where they live....

That's an open question I also still have. I can see, being representatives of a public service, they wanted to go a place where they would be more 'incognito'. Do you have thoughts about it?

I think it's that video but a lot clearer. Were you can see the side of the road that they are on. Instead of looking from the other side of the road.

I'm sorry Blondie67 you can't post it....I really would like to see it.

Right at the start of that video @SheCarrot posted is the only footage I’ve seen where it appears AK is stumbling/ possibly inebriated. He veers off and then corrects himself, after that he seems to be more in control of walking straight, but it made me think that he might be more drunk than I initially assumed which is worrying.

Have LE released any information about his phone usage before it was switched off at 7.21, was it being used a lot for calls or texts all afternoon? I have a feeling that if any of the phone communication was concerning his plans to try and come home early then LE would have released this or would be searching local transport/ taxis more vigorously.

Apart from 'accessing data' for the five mins on leaving the Lamb , his fiancé said that no calls were made from his phone the entire time he was in Lewes .
Not the same as not used at all , as the footage from outside the Landsdowne indicates , since he was twice on the phone whilst there per CCTV .

Just my thoughts on Anthony's Fiancée's statement - I really just feel she was saying 'if you are still out there, and can hear this it's ok to come back, even if it feels too much after all of this media fuss and police searches. It will be ok. Just come home'.

That's my way of reading between the lines, anyway.

On the point of going to Lewes for a night out - it is an odd choice. I live in Brighton, and worked in Orpington - Lewes could be said to have less going on, social wise, than Orpington for a work night out! I know someone said, it could look like 3am on the CCTV because it is so quiet - Lewes is just a really quiet place! Nice to go to visit to the Brewery...but for a 'lads' work night out? Lewes has many wonderful attractions - but is not a 'natural' party hard night out choice.

I'm sure a solid plan must have been in place to get home - Lewes is not the easiest place to get to from Orpington. There was a mention of getting a train from Lewes to East Croydon, but clearly that didn't happen as the CCTV from the station would surely be clear - I very much doubt the crowds would have been excessive for Anthony to slip through unnoticed.

Just my thoughts...I'm a born, bred Brightonian, so my perspective is from living in one of the most party central places!

Still hoping for some positive news in this case. Can't stop thinking about Anthony and his loved ones.

It is an odd choice (when there's the delights of Croydon/Bromley within close proximity) .
The inference I got was there was meet-ups with others from different fire stations(Kent/Sussex) and hence Lewes was chosen as it was central-ish for everyone , and , presumably , because it's got a lot of proper pubs within close proximity of each other .

Last edited:
Regards him being home by 2am as his partner had work
Jmo opinion but I think that has grown legs a little..I dont think the intention was to ever be out that late because a) they started at lunchtime and b) the others left around 10pm ...I think " he knew he had to be home by 2am as she had work" was just a way of saying he knew it was never going to be an all nighter

I think we're at a bit of a standstill now until we have further news. I was going to do a bit of a poll to see where everyone's thoughts are but as I was writing it I just came up with 6 different scenarios and I'm sure there's more I've not covered. That's the problem with this case, it's still so open. Literally nothing can be tentatively ruled out yet.

For what it's worth my own opinion is that he left the pub on a whim (rather than purposely meeting someone, etc) and is now unfortunately deceased. Whether that be accidental or deliberate I just can't call at the moment. I also find it very unlikely he went in the water by accident.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> I did say it almost looks like Anthony bumped into the people in front of him but in no way did I mean it in a 'victim bashing' way, I just meant that when they were all close to the crossing, the gap had closed which implied to me that he had sped up. I personally thought was interesting. I am sorry if it was taken the wrong way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Link to the crime map for Lewes for November 2019

The number in each circle is the number of crimes reported, and if you click on the circle it tells you the nature of the crimes.

Crime map for Lewes Town Centre, Lewes Castle and Lewes Priory, Sussex Police - Police.uk

eta - you can check prior months as well on that link.

These police maps are always reveal quite a lot, but they usually include all crime reported including very low level incidents. I think it always makes it look worse than it is. I am local to this area and Lewes is certainly not know for crime. It probably has its general issues no worse than anywhere else in East Sussex, and there tends to be hotspots around pubs and main areas of town etc, but Lewes is generally regarded as a lovely, pleasant, historical town to visit.

Also, it should be noted that those figures on the map are for November, when Lewes hosts the biggest and most famous bonfire event in the UK, and around 80,000 people descend on the town to be there. There are usually a few incidents that night just due to the enormous amount of people who go.

These police maps are always reveal quite a lot, but they usually include all crime reported including very low level incidents. I think it always makes it look worse than it is. I am local to this area and Lewes is certainly not know for crime. It probably has its general issues no worse than anywhere else in East Sussex, and there tends to be hotspots around pubs and main areas of town etc, but Lewes is generally regarded as a lovely, pleasant, historical town to visit.

Also, it should be noted that those figures on the map are for November, when Lewes hosts the biggest and most famous bonfire event in the UK, and around 80,000 people descend on the town to be there. There are usually a few incidents that night just due to the enormous amount of people who go.
Thanks for the local perspective.

Good to know. Thank you.

Apart from 'accessing data' for the five mins on leaving the Lamb , his fiancé said that no calls were made from his phone the entire time he was in Lewes .
Not the same as not used at all , as the footage from outside the Landsdowne indicates , since he was twice on the phone whilst there per CCTV .

Wow I never caught onto this. He is definitely using what looks like a white iPhone in the cctv outside the pub earlier in the day. Maybe its someone else's phone he was using, possibly saving his own battery? Didn't want to use his own phone for unknown reasons... or, it is his phone, and was speaking in a call on WhatsApp which uses data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman