UK - Anthony Parsons, 63, charity cyclist, found deceased, Argyll, Scotland, 29 Sept 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have always wondered if the police had an idea about what happened but needed to wait until an opportunity arose to investigate the estate. Driving past Auch following Tony's disappearence I always thought something must have happened in the vicinity. Won't look at the place the same way again.

Maybe poor Mr Parson was running from someone or something.

Who knows. Ain't no drink driving mistake though is it

I think they've restricted reporting if my understanding of this page from the Scots Courts website is correct:

Members of the press should note that among the items to be published will be Orders made by courts imposing restrictions on the reporting of court proceedings.....

Court Orders postponing publication of reports of proceedings (in terms of Section 4(2)) and court directions prohibiting the publication of a name or matter in connection with the proceedings (in terms of section 11) apply in the following cases......

• HMA v Alexander McKellar and Robert McKellar, Glasgow High Court, 21 July 2023

Somethings happened and the courts have shut it down to protect the integrity of the case i assume.

At the end of the day the oban times forget this isn't entertainment.

Can anyone go and sit in public gallery? If I'm right these cases start with the most important prosecution witnesses so will be interesting to hear how this all happened and why it took so long

Somethings happened and the courts have shut it down to protect the integrity of the case i assume.

At the end of the day the oban times forget this isn't entertainment.

Can anyone go and sit in public gallery? If I'm right these cases start with the most important prosecution witnesses so will be interesting to hear how this all happened and why it took so long
It might be to protect the identity of witnesses. Or something's happened, as you say.

Looks like they're accepting that Mr Parsons was killed in the collision

ETA

Sorry, they're still saying he was left to die. That's murder surely?

Knowing Mr Parsons was then badly hurt, he failed to get any medical help for the victim in what was described as “reckless disregard for the consequences” of his actions.

I'm confused by this, last year the prosecution said they assaulted Tony after the collision.

Prosecutors claim Tony was left "seriously injured" with the pair going on to "assault" him and then acting with "wicked and reckless disregard" for the consequences.

Police Scotland
Two men, both aged 31, have been convicted in connection with the death of Tony Parsons who went missing while cycling along the A82 between Bridge of Orchy and Tyndrum in 2017.

At the High Court in Glasgow on Wednesday, 26 July, Alexander McKellar (pictured right) pled guilty to culpable homicide and attempting to pervert the course of justice and his twin brother Robert McKellar pled guilty to attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Detective Inspector Fraser Spence, said: “The brutal and uncaring actions of these men left the family of Mr Parsons distraught, not knowing what had happened to him for many years. It appeared that he had just disappeared into thin air.

“A major policing operation was carried out to try to find Mr Parsons, including searches over a vast and remote area near to where he was last seen.

“Despite exhaustive investigation work carried out by officers and extensive coverage in the media, the brothers did not come forward to disclose what happened.

“In December 2021, information provided to officers led to the brothers being arrested and then charged. Further searches were carried out and in January 2021 human remains were found in a remote area of ground close to a farm near the A82. These were identified as Anthony Parsons.

“Our thoughts are very much with the family and friends of Mr Parsons and I hope that the court outcome now gives them some kind of closure.

“I would like to thank the local community for all their help and assistance during this complex investigation and to members of the public who came forward and provided information.

“I would also like to pay tribute to all the officers who worked on this case and to the dedicated work carried out over many years to bring these men to justice.”

Tony’s family has released a statement through Police Scotland:

Read More: Ow.ly - Shorten urls, share files and track visits.

1690384419240.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
millyuncensored
Back