UK - Anthony Parsons, 63, charity cyclist, found deceased, Argyll, Scotland, 29 Sept 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I rather think he is estranged from family, and I hate to say this but wonder if depression got hold of him and he made sure he would not return.
I wonder if the countryside he was travelling in held any special signifcance for him............he was also not at all prepared for this journey which does worry me, I think he will be found by dog walkers/hikers at some stage.

I have the impression that he was 'estranged' as well.

The friends he spoke to about the journey only briefly mentioned the chat on Facebook, planning etc. There has been no family posts that I can see.

Perhaps the area had some connection, with the family not saying anything and the police not saying much more its a mystery.

I feel the suicide theory is unlikely, he went to an awful lot of effort just to do away with himself on a dark wet night. The journey itself rules that out for me. But its not impossible and will be something the police are looking at.

Still no updates that I can see.

I wonder how well he knew the area. If he wasn't too familiar with it then I doubt it would be a suicide. Surely there would be places nearer to home that he would know to be suitable.

But who knows! We certainly don't know much at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Still no updates that I can see.

I wonder how well he knew the area. If he wasn't too familiar with it then I doubt it would be a suicide. Surely there would be places nearer to home that he would know to be suitable.

But who knows! We certainly don't know much at the moment.

I was expecting an appeal just before Christmas, could happen yet...

Still nothing :(

What else can they do ? There have been searches and appeals and still no sign of him.

I noticed an appeal (October) by the British Transport Police saying that he might be travelling about by train.

Some are looking at the possibility he got on a train at Bridge of Orchy or Tyndrum. The waiting rooms are open 24 hours. But surely he would be on train/station CCTV?

I noticed an appeal (October) by the British Transport Police saying that he might be travelling about by train.

Some are looking at the possibility he got on a train at Bridge of Orchy or Tyndrum. The waiting rooms are open 24 hours. But surely he would be on train/station CCTV?

Maybe he was but him actually boarding a train was not, hence 'he might be traveling by train' ?

Hmmm, Interesting thought. I don't know much about trains. The last time I went on one was 2012 down to London. Do nights trains up there have guards/conductors?

If he did take a train did he take his bike? A bloke with a bike would be easier to spot. However his bike has not been found so he either did take it with him, or he hid it really well.

There's no CCTV at either station. See my post #40 for information about the stations and train times.

There's no CCTV at either station. See my post #40 for information about the stations and train times.

Ah, none at the stations but all Scot Rail trains have CCTV, depends how long they keep the footage for and when or if the Police requested to look at them. If he did get a train from BoO then it explains the bypass of the CCTV at Tyndrum petrol station. But it doesn't tie in with the information from the hotel that he headed south towards Tyndrum, he would have went across the road and up towards the station. Unless he doubled back shortly after heading towards Tyndrum?

I had to go and check about the CCTV because I remember seeing a sign saying there was CCTV at Upper Tyndrum, its up on a sign post as you approach the station.

Bridge or Orchy has CCTV as well, plus all Scot Rail trains have CCTV in each compartment.

The signs say:

"You are now entering a CCTV Zone, 24 hour CCTV is in operation at station and on trains"

I think there is one covering the car park at Upper Tyndrum.

This probably rules out travelling by train.

I had to go and check about the CCTV because I remember seeing a sign saying there was CCTV at Upper Tyndrum, its up on a sign post as you approach the station.

Bridge or Orchy has CCTV as well, plus all Scot Rail trains have CCTV in each compartment.

The signs say:

"You are now entering a CCTV Zone, 24 hour CCTV is in operation at station and on trains"

Thanks for finding that out for us. I agree, train is probably not an option now.

The signs say:

Thanks for checking that. Did you actually go to the stations?

It sounds as though the information on the Trainline website is out of date.

Thanks for checking that. Did you actually go to the stations?

It sounds as though the information on the Trainline website is out of date.

I have been at Upper Tyndrum within the last two months, I haven't been to BoO. I just had to double check via Google Earth that I did see the sign.

On google earth street view it shows the sign, although not clearly.

However I cannot say I have actually seen any CCTV at these stations, so is it possible it is just a standard sign that is placed at every station? The wording on the signs is standard at all stations. That said there is CCTV on the trains, which I would hope were checked at the beginning.

There are lights to cover the car park at Upper Tyndrum and possibly CCTV on top. Possibly CCTV in the waiting room or looking out over the platform?

I notice that between the first CCTV footage of him leaving the train at Fort William and the footage of him going through Glencoe village he had changed his top. Wearing a blue one initially then later seen wearing a red one. Most likely a rain jacket due to the rain that was pouring down as he entered Glen Coe.

I doubt he had anything else substantial in his backpack if he had the jacket rolled up inside it. Not much room for anything else.

I very much doubt he was carrying water or food.

The red top/jacket should stand out well when searching for him, especially if there's snow.

The red top/jacket should stand out well when searching for him, especially if there's snow.

The searches have stopped. It will be hillwalkers that will stumble across him one day - if he is still out there.

I have driven that road many times going to Onich.I don't understand him cycling in the dark it is pitch black it would be so easy to have an accident.My theory is for some reason he came of the main road probably cold and hungry .In the CCTV he does not look fit for the cycle ride he was attempting.Probably as an earlier poster said a hiker will find him ,in the spring/ summer this is a very busy area with hill walkers travelling through to Glencoe Oban and beyond.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip
Back