Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #1 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just sickens me....this whole thing.

I have nothing to add - nothing. Just at a loss for words.

My only hope is that he was somehow missing his children, or his previous girlfriend's children, and he has taken April as a replacement. But sadly I don't think that's the case.

:(

It's a bit weird, cos if they are acting on information from this Bridger guy, and he is sending them to all manner of places in a 20 mile radius as well as the Snowdonia park, then he could be talking any sort of nonsense why are they still even listening to him?

I'm guessing this idea is beyond the capabilities of the police, but anyone with any heart at all(or conscience for that matter) would feel compelled to tell everything they knew if they were forced to watch the plea made by Coral at the press conference.

It was heart wrenching to watch, and easy to empathize with.

If this man is the perp, and he has six children, you would hope he had some shred of decency.

It's a bit weird, cos if they are acting on information from this Bridger guy, and he is sending them to all manner of places in a 20 mile radius as well as the Snowdonia park, then he could be talking any sort of nonsense why are they still even listening to him?

this is just my take on it but they most likely have some preliminary testing back and they can confront him with it... they can also confront him as witnesses come forward and solidify up his timeline (people had to have seen him around)....

I wonder if he is really talking or the extension is because he is NOT talking?
(did that make any sense?)

Press "potentially falling into same pitfalls" as Chris Jefferies scenario over April Jones suspect warns legal expert (thedrum.com)
The press has been warned that it is possibly making the same mistakes as those made over the naming if Chris Jeffries as a murder suspect in naming the man arrested through the April Jones abduction case.

Legal expert, Jane Hardy at Sheridans has warned the press that they are “potentially falling into the same pitfalls as the Mr Jefferies scenario,” in their reporting of the April Jones abduction case. Police took the unusual step of confirming the identity of the man they had arrested on suspicion of abduction and issuing his photograph earlier this morning. Since then news websites have been awash with information about the 46 year-old suspect.

Details currently available on the Guardian, Telegraph and Daily Mirror websites include information regarding his employment history, love life, and relationship with April and her family. Its information like this that Hardy believes is leading the press down the same troubled path it took reporting on Chris Jefferies involvement in the Joanna Yates murder case during 2010/2011
---
more at the link

Those who followed the Jo Yeates case will well recall this. The tabloids excoriated Mr Jefferies, revealing material from his past. (Blue hair, pupils "remembering" his odd demeanor, alleged over-fondness for the poems of Christina Rossetti, etc.)

I hope this means he is talking.......

(and talking the truth)
Me too. At least it means they have reasonable cause to hold him another half-day. (And I would imagine more extensions will be granted.)

I'm guessing this idea is beyond the capabilities of the police, but anyone with any heart at all(or conscience for that matter) would feel compelled to tell everything they knew if they were forced to watch the plea made by Coral at the press conference.

It was heart wrenching to watch, and easy to empathize with.

If this man is the perp, and he has six children, you would hope he had some shred of decency.

He wouldn't have taken poor April and harmed her ( IF he did) if he had a shred of decency. If you can murder a child and god knows what else then a plea by the mother isn't likely to do much to you imo.

Hi all, finally got round to joining although I have been a lurker for around a year.

This case is very upsetting and very puzzling.

Light colour vehicle was the initial description of the vehicle April got into, although it was thought to be a left hand vehicle. The vehicle belonging to MB is dark? Does the light coloured vehicle they found yesterday also belong to MB?

The police have been granted an extension for interviewing MB, so many people have named him as a suspect before he was obtained, what do they all know that we dont? I cant find any reference to him having a record?

Hello, and welcome to posting at WS, knt42.

He wouldn't have taken poor April and harmed her ( IF he did) if he had a shred of decency. If you can murder a child and god knows what else then a plea by the mother isn't likely to do much to you imo.

i said pretty much the same thing to my partner earlier today , the parents plea , seriously do they work or do they just put more unbearable pressure on them . how hard must it be to be able to speak clearly and not throw up from the sheer pain of it all . im darn sure if it were my kid i couldnt hold it together and talk publicly without breaking down .

on the subject of press conferences , there was one earlier today cant remember which it was ( the one before the car and suspect pictures conference) but the chap talking really couldnt look at the camera and seemed to be struggling , not from crying but from trying hard not to say stuff . it looked to me like he knew way more than he was allowed to say and it was killing him not to say it . but thats probably just me being paranoid and tired but its what i felt at the time , made me quite cross.

Kidnap suspect Mark Bridger 'was weapons collector’

Mark Bridger, the man suspected of kidnapping five-year-old April Jones is a keen weapons collector who kept samurai swords and deactivated guns in his home, a neighbour has disclosed.

Ben Edwards, 22, said Mark Bridger, 46, had rifles and handguns mounted on his wall. Mr Edwards said the older man told him the weapons had been “made safe” and showed him a firearms licence for a rifle he kept in a box.

He said: “Mark also kept samurai swords on the table, he was a bit of a weapons collector and his style was military. He loved his Swiss Army knife, which he always carried around with him.”

Source

ETA: Oops, think this might've been posted before, assumed it was new because of the timestamp!

Its been bothering me also that on one hand, he seems to have imparted some information, yet on the other hand the police are looking high and low over a fairly wide area. This leads me to conclude that if, indeed, he is involved he had an accomplice and perhaps handed the child over, so that he currently does not know where the child is. That being said I find it hard to believe that a father of 6 children would commit this abduction-and for what end? Is he pervert? you would think the community would know about that. Out for revenge against some wrong? But the children all played together and again the community would know if they are as tight knit as everyone says. A phsycopath? Sounds far fetched to me. Sorry, I am not really convinced about this chap.

Hi all, finally got round to joining although I have been a lurker for around a year.

This case is very upsetting and very puzzling.

Light colour vehicle was the initial description of the vehicle April got into, although it was thought to be a left hand vehicle. The vehicle belonging to MB is dark? Does the light coloured vehicle they found yesterday also belong to MB?

The police have been granted an extension for interviewing MB, so many people have named him as a suspect before he was obtained, what do they all know that we dont? I cant find any reference to him having a record?

i dont know , maybe because they thought left hand drive car and aprils parents might have known his car was left hand drive since the suspect is freinds with aprils dad maybe it was simply that coincidence and the fact she got in willingly pointed to it being someone she knew .

Its been bothering me also that on one hand, he seems to have imparted some information, yet on the other hand the police are looking high and low over a fairly wide area. This leads me to conclude that if, indeed, he is involved he had an accomplice and perhaps handed the child over, so that he currently does not know where the child is. That being said I find it hard to believe that a father of 6 children would commit this abduction-and for what end? Is he pervert? you would think the community would know about that. Out for revenge against some wrong? But the children all played together and again the community would know if they are as tight knit as everyone says. A phsycopath? Sounds far fetched to me. Sorry, I am not really convinced about this chap.

glad u said it . i had a few wild theories in my head that could explain whats happened but they arent based on any concrete info just possibilities .

Source

ETA: Oops, think this might've been posted before, assumed it was new because of the timestamp!

I wish the press wouldn't report rubbish like that. Not blaming you for posting it, Neurotripsy, but the media irritate me when they go looking for dirt on someone who is merely arrested on suspicion.

So he collected samurai swords and pistols. And...? So does my brother, so do plenty of men, that means bugger all. That's just the media being irresponible, and it won't help find April.

Hateful to think of her out there for another night, I hope to God she's found soon.

It just sickens me....this whole thing.

I have nothing to add - nothing. Just at a loss for words.

My only hope is that he was somehow missing his children, or his previous girlfriend's children, and he has taken April as a replacement. But sadly I don't think that's the case.

:(

Jumping off of your post...I've been wondering, why April? Why not one of his ex-GF's kids or his own kids? Not that it would have made it any less heart-wrenching, but I don't understand why he "chose" April.

Jumping off of your post...I've been wondering, why April? Why not one of his ex-GF's kids or his own kids? Not that it would have made it any less heart-wrenching, but I don't understand why he "chose" April.

possibly somone else linked to him was supposed to take his daughter but took the wrong child . possibly he holds the family in some way responsible for his breakups/reduced contact with his kids maybe . no idea .

It could even be that the other little girl is simply confused. 5 is a very borderline age for telling the difference betwen reality and imagination, between the specific and the general. And putting two and two together to make three. She may not have any idea why April was playing with her one moment and not the next, she knows that people can leave in cars and vans, remembers her getting into the van two days ago, and has somehow linked everything up to make a picture that seems complete to a child's mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshuasaunt