Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #1 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel this intense pull in two diverse directions and I have felt this pull often over the years at Websleuths.
The pull in one direction is to follow this case non-stop, view all photos and maps, watch all video and stay up all night posting.
The pull in the other direction is to keep my distance, protect my heart, avert my thoughts~ in an effort to self-protect from the likely outcome.

Prayers for April and her family....

Well stated Shefner. I am have the same dilemma. :please: Hoping for answers today!

The police had – very politely – requested members of the public not to join the search for April Jones. But residents of Machynlleth and the surrounding areas were having none of it.

By lunchtime hundreds of people, many of whom had taken the day off work or been given leave, had defied the police and were out in the hills, valleys and forests around the town in mid-Wales.

"We're liaising with the police to make sure that we don't get in their way at all," said farmer Emyr Lewis, who was heading a group of 30 or so searchers in and around the village of Aberhosan, five miles south of Machynlleth. "But people want to be out there doing something. We can't just sit at home or go to work while this is going on. We can't rest until she's found."

Lewis's team were searching the banks of the small river in the Dyfi valley, where the police's most visible efforts have been concentrated, in outhouses, sheds and shepherds' huts.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/oct/04/april-jones-search-volunteers

That's exactly how I feel.

Obviously I know nothing at all apart from how I feel and even then my feelings are going back and forth about this BUT I am getting increasingly concerned that (from what we know) that the last few days events are all hinging on one thing: a 7 year old's (mis)description of a car and the fact that April allegedly got in the driver's side.

Did April even get in a car? Did she definitely get in the other side? Even if she did, does that make it a LH drive vehicle?

7 year olds lie (especially to keep themselves out of getting into trouble) and also get confused, so is their testimony enough to base an entire investigation on?

MB was not in hiding, even when the car they were looking for was made public. He was apparently seen also searching for April. If he was searching for her, then what he was wearing when apprehended would be entirely appropriate to the circumstances.

I just don't know what to think apart from I would also have a search party in the last place April was seen and question the last known person(s) to have seen her - who in most cases knows far more than they are letting on.

Oh my goodness - I hadn't even thought of any of that!

I just wanted to say that the term "known to the police" is a particular phrase that is often used in the UK. I would define it as: the person has previously been the subject of a police investigation, or has been arrested or cautioned or charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

It doesn't mean "known" in the broad sense, for example, if you called to report your house had been burgled, you would not be regarded as "known to police". Sorry if that's blatantly obvious, but the terminology might mean something different outside the UK. What is interesting here is how much info the police are releasing about a man who so far, has only been arrested. It makes you wonder, should he be charged, what the likelihood of a fair trial would be in legal terms.

It seems to me that everything happened way too fast at the outset and of course everyone was thrilled that someone had been arrested BUT that person has since been hung, drawn and quartered and unless some very pertinent evidence is linking him to this crime, they have nothing apart from a car that may or may not fit a description.

Isn't that circumstantial evidence? Is there any CCTV that shows April in that vehicle? There is only one person on the planet that saw what happened (allegedly) and that is a 7 year old child. I think that the police and press will have a lot to answer for whether MB is or isn't guilty as the impression given since Tuesday afternoon is that he IS guilty but without any evidence.

I agree with a previous post that 'known to the police' refers to the car being LH drive and because of that MB's name being thrown into the mix straight away.

None of the media have dredged up a police record, which they did straight away with Tia Sharpe's grandmother's boyfriend, so I am not convinced about that...as yet.

If MB is responsible then thank God he is in custody. If he is not, then is there any hope at all of finding April when all clues will have been trampled b y the masses and the guilty party long gone?

someone said earlier about the media closeness to the searching police . not being funny but its getting a bit PR , kind of like ok guys u take the press people over there and teach them everything about river banks and sticks and trees canoes etc so we can get on with the real work waay over there in the distance where prying eyes cant see. its like springwatch or something . im hating this river more and more .

Obviously I know nothing at all apart from how I feel and even then my feelings are going back and forth about this BUT I am getting increasingly concerned that (from what we know) that the last few days events are all hinging on one thing: a 7 year old's (mis)description of a car and the fact that April allegedly got in the driver's side.

Did April even get in a car? Did she definitely get in the other side? Even if she did, does that make it a LH drive vehicle?

7 year olds lie (especially to keep themselves out of getting into trouble) and also get confused, so is their testimony enough to base an entire investigation on?

MB was not in hiding, even when the car they were looking for was made public. He was apparently seen also searching for April. If he was searching for her, then what he was wearing when apprehended would be entirely appropriate to the circumstances.

I just don't know what to think apart from I would also have a search party in the last place April was seen and question the last known person(s) to have seen her - who in most cases knows far more than they are letting on.
I agree.. and also think this is why LE has said they have several areas of inquiry they are looking into (not just his one) and I am glad they are investigating in this manner.

The police had – very politely – requested members of the public not to join the search for April Jones. But residents of Machynlleth and the surrounding areas were having none of it.

By lunchtime hundreds of people, many of whom had taken the day off work or been given leave, had defied the police and were out in the hills, valleys and forests around the town in mid-Wales.

"We're liaising with the police to make sure that we don't get in their way at all," said farmer Emyr Lewis, who was heading a group of 30 or so searchers in and around the village of Aberhosan, five miles south of Machynlleth. "But people want to be out there doing something. We can't just sit at home or go to work while this is going on. We can't rest until she's found."

Lewis's team were searching the banks of the small river in the Dyfi valley, where the police's most visible efforts have been concentrated, in outhouses, sheds and shepherds' huts.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/oct/04/april-jones-search-volunteers

Now this is what I call a community, it's both heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time, to know that these people who live there will not give up, but knowing that they are probably looking for a body is breaking my heart.

I am going to create a new thread shortly... as this one is getting rather long...

I wouldn't get caught up in why he was wearing what he was. This is rural Wales. It is wet there at the moment with frequently changing weather conditions. There are any number of reasons to be wearing what he was wearing. I'd bet there are others in the area wearing similar.

@DarrenLittetSky
Forensics officers entering Mark Bridger's cottage now #apriljones

I wouldn't get caught up in why he was wearing what he was. This is rural Wales. It is wet there at the moment with frequently changing weather conditions. There are any number of reasons to be wearing what he was wearing. I'd bet there are others in the area wearing similar.

Thanks. I'm not caught up in it - I was pointing out that there was nothing sinister about wearing what he was wearing as it makes absolute sense.

someone said earlier about the media closeness to the searching police . not being funny but its getting a bit PR , kind of like ok guys u take the press people over there and teach them everything about river banks and sticks and trees canoes etc so we can get on with the real work waay over there in the distance where prying eyes cant see. its like springwatch or something . im hating this river more and more .

I tend to think the police aren't managing to keep proper control of it to be honest, as opposed to PR.

I tend to think the police aren't managing to keep proper control of it to be honest, as opposed to PR.

mm maybe the people the reporter is talking to seem very fluent on explaining what they are doing and the reporting seems very fluid . on the one hand its great but on the other its a bit creepy .

mm maybe the people the reporter is talking to seem very fluent on explaining what they are doing and the reporting seems very fluid . on the one hand its great but on the other its a bit creepy .

Yes these analyst have been quite good for the most part, it's what the media do to pad things out in between actual news. These people are not emplyed by the police or authorites, the media pay them.

I still don't think the reporters should be getting anywhere near potential crime scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshuasaunt