Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #1 *M. Bridger guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it doesn't really matter, but I'm confused - again. Is this man a friend of her father or the father of her friend?

Apparently both. Known to the little girls parents & his children played with her the day she went missing.

Why do suspects in a missing child case get to sleep/rest from questioning when the poor child is still missing. Tell us everything then you can sleep/eat/go the toilet!

Those local people who wanted to go out and help search might do well handing out leaflets and stopping vehicles on the main roads around the towns to show them the photographs, in case people passing through have seen the landrover. I work out of my car all day long (when I don't award myself a day off to follow a case, as I did yesterday) and although I can listen to the news, there is nothing that jogs a memory so well as a photo. They may find others who drive around will have seen this vehicle.

Why do suspects in a missing child case get to sleep/rest from questioning when the poor child is still missing. Tell us everything then you can sleep/eat/go the toilet!

Because in the UK it isn't like America you cant ask for counsel. IMO they don't have rights in the UK. They can question you for as long as they want. You cant say I want a lawyer, I don't wanna chat, yadda yadda. So this suspect could be grilled for over 12 hours a day if I am not mistaken. I am for one glad that I live in America where we have rights.

In the UK questioning goes on for hours and hours. I think when they get tired they just swap someone out to keep the torture going until you crack. In the USA we have learned that this elicits a lot of false confessions. I for one am glad they at least have the right to sleep (if thats right).

You should Google 'no comment interview' then Youtube it. Look up a few famous interviews from older suspects. Its hours and hours of "no comment". They do not have the right to remain silent. I have no doubt that they have had many false confessions in the UK. At least in the USA we have learned our lesson about keeping people up for 48 hours while questioning them.

Too many famous cases with false confessions.

Anyhow I have been watching this case unfold and I am of the opinion that they are now ISO a body. Sad. When I first saw that she was 5 years old I had hoped someone took her to keep her and not to harm her. We will see but it doesn't look good. LE obviously has the information to get the job done as they are moving very swiftly. You would already have heard about a body if he was talking. Hes probably saying 'no comment'.

anyone can ask for a lawyer in the uk when being question if they can't afford one then they get a deuty solicitor.

i'm of the opinion that when everything points to that person after abducting a child they should use every single technique possible to get the info from them , murder a child and you do not deserve your rights ...if it is clear cut and there is no doubt of involvement i'd hang him from a roof if need be Moo

Because in the UK it isn't like America you cant ask for counsel. IMO they don't have rights in the UK. They can question you for as long as they want. You cant say I want a lawyer, I don't wanna chat, yadda yadda. So this suspect could be grilled for over 12 hours a day if I am not mistaken. I am for one glad that I live in America where we have rights.

In the UK questioning goes on for hours and hours. I think when they get tired they just swap someone out to keep the torture going until you crack. In the USA we have learned that this elicits a lot of false confessions. I for one am glad they at least have the right to sleep (if thats right).

You should Google 'no comment interview' then Youtube it. Look up a few famous interviews from older suspects. Its hours and hours of "no comment". They do not have the right to remain silent. I have no doubt that they have had many false confessions in the UK. At least in the USA we have learned our lesson about keeping people up for 48 hours while questioning them.

Too many famous cases with false confessions.

Anyhow I have been watching this case unfold and I am of the opinion that they are now ISO a body. Sad. When I first saw that she was 5 years old I had hoped someone took her to keep her and not to harm her. We will see but it doesn't look good. LE obviously has the information to get the job done as they are moving very swiftly. You would already have heard about a body if he was talking. Hes probably saying 'no comment'.

You're not quite right there

Have a look at the link below for the correct information, but here are some snippets

If you're questioned about a crime
You can get free legal advice even if you haven't been arrested
You have the right to free legal advice (legal aid) if the police question you about a crime:
regardless of your financial circumstances - for example, your income or savings
even if you haven’t been arrested
if you are questioned inside or outside a police station - for example in the street or at home
If you said you didn’t want legal advice, you can change your mind at any time.

The longest you can be made to wait before getting legal advice is 36 hours after arriving at the police station. This rises to 48 hours in the case of suspected terrorism.
Once you have asked for legal advice, police must not usually question you until you have got it.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/GettingLegalAdvice/Legalaidincriminalcases/DG_196362

First of all they have to prove that a person is guilty, so LE collect evidence and a trial takes place. Until then we should (and they LE do) treat the person they are holding with the respect an innocent person deserves. So they do have meals, tea proper sleep.

Reports of tire-marks near the banks of the river, according to Sky News just now. :(

i'm of the opinion that when everything points to that person after abducting a child they should use every single technique possible to get the info from them , murder a child and you do not deserve your rights ...if it is clear cut and there is no doubt of involvement i'd hang him from a roof if need be Moo

By his knackers, if that's what it takes

BBM

:banghead: why cant this SOB just tell LE what he has done with her!:banghead:

The presumption of innocence is one of a very few critical factors which separate a democratic from a totalitarian regime, a civilized society from a brutal, brutalizing one.

While that presumption may not exist per se in Magna Carta, it proceeds from Magna Carta. And that document perhaps above any other ever written has made us free.

How can anyone get the car colour so wrong though? Its not white or grey but bright/dark blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc