Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #2 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A speck of blood should hold him if it's April's. There is other DNA that could be found to prove sexual assault, not to mention forensics, etc...I hope not but I don't doubt anything anymore.

I don't think so. It may be *circumstantial* evidence, but they can't know for sure April didn't scratch herself clambering around in his car the day before, or have a small nosebleed (kids often do just from picking their noses). And his DNA is all over his car of course - can they tell the difference between semen DNA and that from any other tissue? And if they spotted semen, can we be sure he wasn't doing semeny type things on his own or with some woman?

I think this type of evidence can help build a circumstantial picture at best.

Just for info, I just read an article which said April's godmother was called at 6.50pm by April's mother telling her she had been kidnapped. if true, this puts events well before 7pm.

Any DNA in his car will be useless as April was in it, and out of it, safely a couple of days before.

I disagree about this. IMO, it depends on how the DNA came to be in the vehicle. MB's DNA will obviously be found all over the vehicle, as well as physical evidence like fingerprints, hair, skin cells, etc. The presence of those items would be expected.

But if April's DNA is in the vehicle via blood, there would be no reason for that to be there. No one has reported that April bled in the vehicle while playing in it, so her blood should not be there. That evidence would be vital in spite of the fact that April had played in the car, IMO.

An expert on Sky News yesterday mentioned that any fibers found in the vehicle could also be important, even though April had been in the car a couple of days before she was abducted. If fibers are found that match the clothing April wore when she was abducted (rather than the clothing she wore the day she played in the vehicle), for instance, it would be evidence that April was in the car day she was abducted.

So even though it seems like the evidence in MB's vehicle may be compromised, LE will still be able to use it.

What worries me about the kids playing in the car is this - did MB allow the kids to play there because he already knew he was going to abduct April (or one of the other kids who played in the car)? What better way to explain the presence of physical evidence than to say, "oh, sure, her hair/skin cells/clothing fibers are in the vehicle - she was playing in it the other day." JMO

I don't think so. It may be *circumstantial* evidence, but they can't know for sure April didn't scratch herself clambering around in his car the day before, or have a small nosebleed (kids often do just from picking their noses). And his DNA is all over his car of course - can they tell the difference between semen DNA and that from any other tissue? And if they spotted semen, can we be sure he wasn't doing semeny type things on his own or with some woman?

Florensics can be very clever though, I believe (watching CSI) that they can determine through blood splatters etc. But only if she was killed in the car and not some remote location.

Just for info, I just read an article which said April's godmother was called at 6.50pm by April's mother telling her she had been kidnapped. if true, this puts events well before 7pm.

Can you provide a link to that article? If not, just give the name of the paper and date of the article - I can look it up. Thanks!

I went back and started reading the thread from the start once again.

Knowing what we know now, there are a number of things that don't add up, the most poignant for me being the fact the vehicle was described as a light coloured van. If the eye witness is the daughter of the ex and saw the abduction, she would have recognised the vehicle and the driver from the moment he pulled up. If LE were wanting to be vague in the hope of a sighting, would they not have said it was a 4x4 rather than a van? 4x4 vehicles are very common, particularly in this area due to the rural/farming demographic, so it's not as though they would have been giving too much away.

In short, the eyewitness account has changed so significantly that I am wondering whether she has been coached.

I am with you on this, but the police already stated yesterday that the landrover is the only vehicle in the enquiry. I know we are pulling on strings here, but perhaps he could have swapped vehicles maybe.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/april-jones-missing-witnesses-saw-1361257

I wonder if the women have made a positive id on MB yet. If so this is a crucial piece of evidence.

Two women claim they spotted a man carrying a bin bag to a river the day after April Jones was snatched.

They told police he scrambled down a bank not far from where the five-year-old vanished.

As officers yesterday searched the River Dyfi close to Machynlleth, Powys, one of the women, Carwen Sheen, 36, said: “I’ve told the police what I saw. It’s up to them now.”

She had been standing by a road chatting with a friend on Tuesday when the man appeared with the black bag.

He was said to have been acting suspiciously.

The dad of one of the witnesses said last night: “My daughter and a friend saw a man, they know him well.

"He was coming down a shale bank with a black bag, he was next to the river.

"She has been *interviewed by the police since and told them *everything she saw

BBM

Hmmm, in broad daylight knowing a massive search is already underway? It seems a bit iffy. Not doubting they saw someone, that may even have been the catalyst for the intensified search of the river.

If it was MB 'disposing' of something, he's done it in broad daylight in view of others. In much the same way he was casually strolling along when passed by someone he knew and further along when the police came on him. Unless he wanted to be caught, in which case you'd think he would talk. Or it could be he simply is that sick and twisted. Then again, maybe the man the ladies seen acting suspiciously could have been drowning kittens or some such, and that could explain his (guilty/shifty) behaviour? Sorry to mention that, though far better that than the worst feared scenario.

Jeez my head's spinning, it's been a long night. My friend's here for a few days while my OH is away, and stayed up to keep me company overnight while my s-i-l got a break from my young, coincidentally, 5 year-old nephew who also has Cerebral Palsy and been unwell recently (not CP related). As it was necessary to be awake for him, we've talked for hours and hours about this. It's amazing how much we've discussed, how many different scenarios/theories, (not to mention a few disagreements) with so little factual information out there. I'll be buzzing all day from the amount of coffee drunk, and our little man slept through the night! When he woke I was aware we'd both filled up, yes because I love him deeply, but probably more so because of what we're talking about, they're way too precious. If only they were to everyone.

The police aren't going to tell us every detail, or even most details, they'll keep that close to their chest. I believe they have enough to think that this guy is their man.
In the Joanna Yeates case I remember a lot of people wondering why Vincent Tabak was charged and that it didn't seem like they had much against him.... As we found out they had lots and some of the details didn't come out until after the trial. So be patient people, I have faith the police know what they're doing. (famous last words eh? Ha)

I agree there is alot we dont know. They muct have more than what they have told us to hold him for as long as they have. I bet once we know we will be shocked.

The way I am seeing this case at the moment, by what has been released is purely circumstancial which doesnt really stand up to a conviction.

We dont know that the police dont have the light coloured van Amber,they may not be saying anything if were(media etc) all focusing on the 4x4..

I do think they have more than a 7yr olds statement to keep him in custody at the minute.

I agree they likely have more than the 7 year old's statement. I also think they have the white van (from the photos/video) and still find it odd nowt has been said about it, and I have a theory as to why.

Why, when LE and/or the public sighting the perp's vehicle with the recently abducted child inside was the most crucial element, would they describe a vehicle that has not been spoken about since, despite the fact we know they have it?

Why? Because the child told them what she saw at the time - April got into a white van.

Later, they describe a left hand drive 4x4 vehicle, and ohmygosh, it matches the description of the vehicle owned by the man they have in custody. But it doesn't match the initial description of the abduction vehicle which we were to be looking out for?

OK, it was dark, she is only 7, but they gave out the immediate information they were given. Despite the poor quality of the light and the age of the child, she would have known the vehicle if it was indeed the familiar left hand drive, blue 4x4.

Ignoring the coaching angle, I was going a different route with that, but how does this sit with you:
April WAS abducted in a white van and LE have changed their story to match what we the public are currently observing. They are not speaking about the other vehicle either because MB did not act alone. I am starting to wonder if he is the main perpetrator or just an accomplice.

Hmmm, in broad daylight knowing a massive search is already underway? It seems a bit iffy. Not doubting they saw someone, that may even have been the catalyst for the intensified search of the river.

If it was MB 'disposing' of something, he's done it in broad daylight in view of others. In much the same way he was casually strolling along when passed by someone he knew and further along when the police came on him. Unless he wanted to be caught, in which case you'd think he would talk. Or it could be he simply is that sick and twisted. Then again, maybe the man the ladies seen acting suspiciously could have been drowning kittens or some such, and that could explain his (guilty/shifty) behaviour? Sorry to mention that, though far better that than the worst feared scenario.

Jeez my head's spinning, it's been a long night. My friend's here for a few days while my OH is away, and stayed up to keep me company overnight while my s-i-l got a break from my young, coincidentally, 5 year-old nephew who also has Cerebral Palsy and been unwell recently (not CP related). As it was necessary to be awake for him, we've talked for hours and hours about this. It's amazing how much we've discussed, how many different scenarios/theories, (not to mention a few disagreements) with so little factual information out there. I'll be buzzing all day from the amount of coffee drunk, and our little man slept through the night! When he woke I was aware we'd both filled up, yes because I love him deeply, but probably more so because of what we're talking about, they're way too precious. If only they were to everyone.

I am so sorry to hear about your nephew. I know your feelings I have a disabled daughter myself who suffers epilepsy due to brain damage when she was shaken at 6 weeks. I also have her at home today, she is unwell, but I also think its my desire today to keep her close.

If April's blood is mixed with MB's blood, or if his semen is mixed with her blood, it would be very incriminating. There would be no logical explanation for those fluids to be in his vehicle, IMO.

I believe DNA experts are able to distinguish semen from other fluids. However, I don't know this as fact, just what I recall reading at some point.

It hurts to talk about April and blood and semen in the same sentence.

This poor little girl should be safely at home with her family.

morning peeps .
still something bothering me , i hope someone here has an answer.

if mb was a poi right at the beginning how come nobody picked up his car being on his drive at 9.20am tuesday ( unless the report is false.

how come he was photographed by a tv camera crew near the river at 1.45pm
and yet he wasnt recognised as a poi by the photographer.

how come the bin bag ladies didnt spot him as a poi or report him as suspicious immediatly if it was a known fact that a search was underway for a missing child and or poi

how come the man and lady that lived next to him in his previous house saw him walking while they drove there car at around 2.20pm and recognised him yet also did not know he was a poi until police asked them .

for a person who was apparantly wanted by police it doesnt seem like they publicised much in the village until after he was arrested .

im still hopefull she will be found alive . even if he was seen dumping a bin bag maybe its because he knew houses would be searched and he was getting rid of things he shouldnt have , could be anything drugs , unlicensed weapons , fake money ( wild imagination is much better that bleak realities )

i do however feel very silly since you are all right in that they must have some evidence to hold him for this long , id just feel a lot better if they would say something rather than just pretty much not answering any questions .

I agree they likely have more than the 7 year old's statement. I also think they have the white van (from the photos/video) and still find it odd nowt has been said about it, and I have a theory as to why.

Why, when LE and/or the public sighting the perp's vehicle with the recently abducted child inside was the most crucial element, would they describe a vehicle that has not been spoken about since, despite the fact we know they have it?

Why? Because the child told them what she saw at the time - April got into a white van.

Later, they describe a left hand drive 4x4 vehicle, and ohmygosh, it matches the description of the vehicle owned by the man they have in custody. But it doesn't match the initial description of the abduction vehicle which we were to be looking out for?

OK, it was dark, she is only 7, but they gave out the immediate information they were given. Despite the poor quality of the light and the age of the child, she would have known the vehicle if it was indeed the familiar left hand drive, blue 4x4.

Ignoring the coaching angle, I was going a different route with that, but how does this sit with you:
April WAS abducted in a white van and LE have changed their story to match what we the public are currently observing. They are not speaking about the other vehicle either because MB did not act alone. I am starting to wonder if he is the main perpetrator or just an accomplice.

There is still the fact april got into the drivers side of the vehicle. Unless the vans a left hand drive too, or he pulled her over his lap. But I must admit it doesnt sit right with me either.

morning peeps .

if mb was a poi right at the beginning how come nobody picked up his car being on his drive at 9.20am tuesday ( unless the report is false.

how come the bin bag ladies didnt spot him as a poi or report him as suspicious immediatly if it was a known fact that a search was underway for a missing child and or poi

how come the man and lady that lived next to him in his previous house saw him walking while they drove there car at around 2.20pm and recognised him yet also did not know he was a poi until police asked them .

for a person who was apparantly wanted by police it doesnt seem like they publicised much in the village until after he was arrested .

im still hopefull she will be found alive . even if he was seen dumping a bin bag maybe its because he knew houses would be searched and he was getting rid of things he shouldnt have , could be anything drugs , unlicensed weapons , fake money ( wild imagination is much better that bleak realities )

i do however feel very silly since you are all right in that they must have some evidence to hold him for this long , id just feel a lot better if they would say something rather than just pretty much not answering any questions .

BBM

I don't have answers to your questions, but I agree that wild imagination is much better than dwelling on the bleak realities of what may have happened to April.

morning peeps .

It wasnt released to the public that he was a person of interest until later tuesday.

THe photographer didnt know he was a POI at the time of the photo, not released until later.

As for the bin bag senario, this still doesnt sit well with me. Caryying a 5 year old child in a bin bag would be quite heavy, there is no reports to say he was struggling, only that he was carrying it down to the river. Unless he was getting rid of clothes, shoes etc.

:goodpost:

Mornin all, like everyone else, hoping for good news today

Have just had a read through all the overnight comments and not much to add, other than, I would never call a 4 x 4 a Van ? and I dont know many folk who would.
If the story of AJs mother calling the godmother at 6.50pm to say AJ was missing is true ( the timing I mean ) then that means AJ must have been taken nearer to 6.30om when it would be dusk but not pitch black
Dependent on how much lighting there is at the area of the garages, must be some surely, then I dont think that 4 x 4 would be described as a light coloured van - even allowing for the grey stripe down the side, it would present as a dark coloured vehicle

I also cant believe that AJ would simply leave her precious bike at the garages, only if she were forced into the car might that happen, and the 7 year olds account says there was no coercion.
We were told how much she loves the bike, so either they were not riding bikes (MSM getting the story muddled ) or AJ had had time to take her bike home and then go back out to play by the garages

Also, would the 7 year old not have been able to name MB ? I know he was not her father but he was father to her half brother or sister wasnt he ?and if it is true that he visited his children in the village, then surely she knew him ?

Press Conference: Bridger arrested on suspicion of murder of April, family been informed.

ETA: Ongoing search for April's body, while asking the public to stand down. Suggests possible forensics perhaps, or something that's been found overnight? Interesting that they haven't charged him yet, hopefully the re-arrest for murder will force him to talk.

Oh my word, not that it matters much in the face of everything else, but Kay Burley Sky Reporter, has got to be the lowest form of reporting life in this country, breaking the news to a couple of people who were understandably shocked and upset, then immediately asking how they feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member