Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #2 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon Clements‏@JonClementsITV
Supt John says "we're here in the pouring rain tonight " to help April's family and friends

Dyfed Powys Police‏@DyfedPowys
Police continue searching for #apriljones and thank the 400 volunteers who have come forward to register their skills and knowledge

Dyfed Powys Police‏@DyfedPowys
Supt Ian John said it has been a "humbling experience" to receive such significant support from across the UK in the search for #apriljones

is this new (re: have they continued to search in the dark on previous nights?)

I really don't understand this; MB has lived in the area for over 20 years and has no previous, nor any suspicions from the locals - and this alone is a bit weird, any Englander moving into a small Welsh town will have been "checked out" by the locals. Believe me, on social visits I get "Hello, who are you, where are you from, what do you do (job), why are you here?"

For the USA members, the Welsh v English is a long term amicable animosity, we banter, often cruelly with each other and take the pi$$, no harm meant, and we all gang up together as British if another outsider comes along - this is the last chance saloon of being able to be non PC without repercussions in this country.

If he is guilty, getting the children in his cars 2 or 3 days prior to the abduction is a smart move and pre meditated, as any DNA, fibres etc can be explained away with other unharmed children as witnesses: could this be why the Police are basically saying forensics from the car alone are useless?

Or is there someone else behind the scenes that had a hold over MB?, or possibly the Police are holding MB in the hope that the real perpetrator will make a major faux pas?

I'm rather aggravated by these pics. Why is the media allowed to be so close to the potential crime scene?

The potential crime scene is a huge area at this moment, volunteers have been all over it too but what can you do?

Yes, I know what you mean. The police must be keeping alot close to their chest which leaves things to speculation. There doesnt seem to be any hard facts in the public domain.

is this new (re: have they continued to search in the dark on previous nights?)

IIRC I think they have searched through the night before. I think they are just saying the expected bad weather isn't going to stop them tonight

Poor little girl has cerebral palsy. I'm concerned about suspects being named before being charged after what happened with the landlord in Joanna Yates case. Police are searching this guys home as we speak

The entire community is 100% invested in this case. I fear if MB is released tomorrow without April being found, he's a dead man.
He's the guy that may hold the answers, I can only pray no one decides to be a vigilante.

Clio, you rock too :rocker: for posting updates... thank you!

Geez... nothing new really huh? They are desperately searching for a needle in a haystack (and in horrible weather too!)

I really don't understand this; MB has lived in the area for over 20 years and has no previous, nor any suspicions from the locals - and this alone is a bit weird, any Englander moving into a small Welsh town will have been "checked out" by the locals. Believe me, on social visits I get "Hello, who are you, where are you from, what do you do (job), why are you here?"

For the USA members, the Welsh v English is a long term amicable animosity, we banter, often cruelly with each other and take the pi$$, no harm meant, and we all gang up together as British if another outsider comes along - this is the last chance saloon of being able to be non PC without repercussions in this country.

If he is guilty, getting the children in his cars 2 or 3 days prior to the abduction is a smart move and pre meditated, as any DNA, fibres etc can be explained away with other unharmed children as witnesses: could this be why the Police are basically saying forensics from the car alone are useless?

Or is there someone else behind the scenes that had a hold over MB?, or possibly the Police are holding MB in the hope that the real perpetrator will make a major faux pas?

They could get DNA from the vehicle even if she had been in there previously. ie different clothes she was wearing = different fibres. But it definitely slims the chances.

After this many days and nights alone, in poor weather, the chances of the poor little girl being found alive are slim. If there is an accomplice then there is a bigger chance she is still alive imo but the police (at least what they've revealed to the media) don't seem to think anyone else is involved.

That's not correct, I'm afraid. However, if the person charged has asked for legal advice the police are usually not allowed to ask any questions until after the prisoner has had a chance to talk to a solicitor. Also, if the police do want to ask further questions, the prisoner has the right to ask for the solicitor to be present during questioning.

Maybe the actual situation is half way between our two versions :) http://www.thesite.org/homelawandmoney/law/introuble/rightsonarrest

I can't help thinking they are taking up the paving stones for a reason.

I really don't understand this; MB has lived in the area for over 20 years and has no previous, nor any suspicions from the locals - and this alone is a bit weird, any Englander moving into a small Welsh town will have been "checked out" by the locals.

True enough if he'd lived on the Machynlleth estate for all that time, but as I understand it he lived in Llanbrynmair, about 12 miles away, before moving more recently to near Corris. It's a big and remote area.

Had so hoped to come on today see that she had been found alive. Praying for everyone involved in trying to find this little girl.

Yes, I know what you mean. The police must be keeping alot close to their chest which leaves things to speculation. There doesnt seem to be any hard facts in the public domain.

yes it annoys me , it feels like no progress has been made, im sure it has but from watching the tv , news and press conferences what progress has been made since the suspect being arrested and the car being seized ?

initially it seemed like the river was the focus of attention i wondered if the suspect had said something to indicate that was where she was , but since they seem to be checking everywhere both land and water buildings and countryside . it doesnt look like they have narrowed it down at all .

im seeing little or no information relating to any searches taking place in the woods , it would be nice to see big teams and search dogs going up into the forest , im not saying thats not happening but id like to see it reported the way they are reporting on the teams searching the river and surrounding area . the river search looks like a search for evidence not a search for a missing child . this makes me so incredibly sad its like even tho they say they havent given up looking for a live child that aspect of the search being focussed on so heavily by the reporters and camera crews gives a depressing bias to the search .

Sorry if this has been posted.

MB threatened a contractor a few days previously.

Also a childs bicycle had been recovered from woodland nearby. But no news on significance.

Reports said April was out on her bicycle when she went missing, and i've always wondered what happened to this....

MD threatened a contractor a few days previously.

Also a childs bicycle had been recovered from woodland nearby. But no news on significance.

Reports said April was out on her bicycle when she went missing, and i've always wondered what happened to this....

i think her bike is in her garden isnt it ? its a standard little girls pink bike . the one in the woods seemed to be an old boys bike but it was only a brief glimpse.

MD threatened a contractor a few days previously.

I don't think the bike found in the woods belongs to April. There was a photo of what I understand is her bike in her front garden.

Attachments

• AJ Bike.jpg
    AJ Bike.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 22
Ah thank you, it was the first i'd heard about the bike found on Sky News just.

I still don't understand the reports that she was out on her bike though, she was quite far from her home looking at the map (ie. not right outside). Did she take it home and go back out? Wasn't she on her bike at all?

I can't help thinking they are taking up the paving stones for a reason.

I thought that too until I got home and put on the news and saw how in depth they are searching. They were lifting paving slabs in all the neighbouring gardens. Also lifting any thing that can be lifted. I think they just want to make sure nothing is missed

yes it annoys me , it feels like no progress has been made, im sure it has but from watching the tv , news and press conferences what progress has been made since the suspect being arrested and the car being seized ?

initially it seemed like the river was the focus of attention i wondered if the suspect had said something to indicate that was where she was , but since they seem to be checking everywhere both land and water buildings and countryside . it doesnt look like they have narrowed it down at all .

im seeing little or no information relating to any searches taking place in the woods , it would be nice to see big teams and search dogs going up into the forest , im not saying thats not happening but id like to see it reported the way they are reporting on the teams searching the river and surrounding area . the river search looks like a search for evidence not a search for a missing child . this makes me so incredibly sad its like even tho they say they havent given up looking for a live child that aspect of the search being focussed on so heavily by the reporters and camera crews gives a depressing bias to the search .

Respectfully, there are many cases here in the U.S. that show far less progress than this in just a few days. Sometimes we don't see an arrest for months.

I know in a way what you are saying, but I think we all agree that we would love to see April found safe and this whole thing be over. Who would want to harm such a precious little girl?

Btw, I enjoy the pictures of the countryside... it's very beautiful there! So clean and neat. The rolling hills and lush green make me want to visit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr