Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #2 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, thank you, I hadn't heard that. Was thinking maybe they didn't want to panic whoever may have had her by letting it be known there were others involved......I still have a tiny hope in the back of my head she is in a cosy little cottage with some old woman looking after her waiting to hear from MB....Dreaming sadly!!:please:

I know what you mean. Her poor mother.

he is guilty based on what? A seven yr olds description of a car that he didnt have? and aprils mother pointing the finger?

it seemed so to me for ages

nothing made sense

i hope the police KNOW he did it BUT if they know why arent they giving the family the evidence so they can stop hoping??????

I suspect with the families of alot of missing children they would find it hard to give up hope unless they are presented with their child's body. April hasn't been found yet, so it wouldn't surprise me if her parents were still clinging on to some vain hope even if the police do have solid evidence of this guy's guilt.

We don't know what LE has told the family for certain, do we? I know of many other cases in which families of victims, even when confronted with evidence to the contrary, maintained hope their loved ones were alive. In some instances even after a body had been recovered. I highly doubt law enforcement would put the family through such devastation if they weren't certain of her demise.

I just don't see anything strange or unusual in this case. I think we'll eventually discover it to be a rather stereotypical acquaintance abduction. :(

JMO

I suspect with the families of alot of missing children they would find it hard to give up hope unless they are presented with their child's body. April hasn't been found yet, so it wouldn't surprise me if her parents were still clinging on to some vain hope even if the police do have solid evidence of this guy's guilt.

No dont buy it

The police have a responsibilty to her parents, they tell them their daughter is dead or they dont know

Still curious about the notion of a white van. Does anyone have a link to the LE saying that the vehicle that took April was the blue LR Discovery (that we now know to be MB's)? Because I don't think they've said this.

I hope so. He should NEVER be released if convicted. Sadly though alot of murderers are, even though they are given life sentences. I think though that you may be right in this case and the judge will recommend he is never released. :please:

I think it's lucky he's the age he is. If he got minimum of 30 years he'd still be an old man in prison. If he was in his 20s I wouldn't be so confident as to him never getting out.

that doesnt make sense, if the police have solid evidence then the family cant cling on to hope

No dont buy it

The police have a responsibilty to her parents, they tell them their daughter is dead or they dont know

We don't know what the police have said to the parents. We do know that they haven't found April yet. So even if they have told the parents that they have evidence that she is dead, the parents may well not believe them.

We don't know what LE has told the family for certain, do we? I know of many other cases in which families of victims, even when confronted with evidence to the contrary, maintained hope their loved ones were alive. In some instances even after a body had been recovered. I highly doubt law enforcement would put the family through such devastation if they weren't certain of her demise.

I just don't see anything strange or unusual in this case. I think we'll eventually discover it to be a rather stereotypical acquaintance abduction. :(

JMO

I totally agree; a child is almost taken and/or murdered by someone she knows fairly well, either a relative or an acquaintance. And most of them don't have a big red X on their foreheads, or even a prior record of assaulting children.

I don't know how anyone could say there is no evidence when the police there are under tight restrictions not to release any. I seriously doubt that the word of a child and a mother are what they are basing this case on.

that doesnt make sense, if the police have solid evidence then the family cant cling on to hope

respectfully, how do you know what police has shared with the family?

All we know at this point is that he officially charged with three counts and charges carry a legal burden that must be met....

Still curious about the notion of a white van. Does anyone have a link to the LE saying that the vehicle that took April was the blue LR Discovery (that we now know to be MB's)? Because I don't think they've said this.

LE said it was light grey or white or light coloured iirc but NEVER blue

Or mom can't accept it.

But also I think police probably cannot tell them exactly why they know she is deceased.

I am convinced they have the evidence. There would be no reason to charge him with murder, not to mention why would the Crown allow it, if no evidence of death? They could have charged him with abduction only.

I won't hold my breath for a confession. The death penalty in some parts of US ends up garnering confessions sometimes from some cowards, but there is not much incentive otherwise; not many in UK even really get life without parole, do they?

I am fairly sure that details of how they know the child is deceased or how they think the child died will not be revealed to the family. (I know the latter from personal experience unfortunately.) It will all come out at the trial, if there is one. If he is guilty, it's best he tells the truth now and spares the family the terrible ordeal of a trial.

respectfully, how do you know what police has shared with the family?

All we know at this point is that he officially charged with three counts and charges carry a legal burden that must be met....

that was the point of my post, LE cant have shared evidence of death because the family are asking people on facebook to pray for the child to come back to them
This was long after the man was charged with murder and also reported on facebook

in other words the family dont believe the police saying she is dead

A long but really good article...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...f-as-Mark-Bridger-is-charged-with-murder.html
April Jones: hope turns to grief as Mark Bridger is charged with murder
The people of Machynlleth in mid-Wales tied pink ribbons to gate posts, trees and railings all over town after five-year-old April Jones went missing, as a way to show their hope and determination that she would be found alive. Now they have become ribbons of mourning.
Police announced that 46-year-old Mark Bridger, a former lifeguard who knew April and her family, had been charged with murder, abduction and perverting the course of justice.
On Saturday night it became official - the forensic experts in the graveyard of the church of St Peter had been looking for clues to a killing.

that was the point of my post, LE cant have shared evidence of death because the family are asking people on facebook to pray for the child to come back to them
This was long after the man was charged with murder and also reported on facebook

in other words the family dont believe the police saying she is dead

I don't think Sierra Lamar's parents have accepted it either, although a suspect was charged with her murder months ago. But if a body is not found, it can be very difficult, if not impossible, for family to believe the person is gone. Knowing how difficult cases are without finding a body, I don't think police rush into this kind of case. They have proof. In my opinion.

I don't think Sierra Lamar's parents have accepted it either, although a suspect was charged with her murder months ago. But if a body is not found, it can be very difficult, if not impossible, for family to believe the person is gone. Knowing how difficult cases are without finding a body, I don't think police rush into this kind of case. They have proof. In my opinion.

:(

If this person killed her I thinK it should be law to interview then and ask WHY

I'm reading the news is on in London, Dutch news & other areas about April. Isn't it late?

(twitter)

NM. Nothing but updates about MB's arrest.

eta, there are some sick twisted people that post the most awful things about missing kids or people. God help us.

I still think this man could be innocent for some reason
yes the motive

LE said:
"Now that MB has been charged with this horrific crime it is time to let the judicial process take its course and time to let the family come to terms with what has happened over the last week."

The family will have hope until a body is found which is natural, but this is not just an abduction case any longer, it is also a murder case (this is not a frivolous charge but one based on evidence that we are obviously not privy to), so the family must come to terms with the charge as difficult as it must be.

LE said "horrific". They've got the evidence to prove this claim, I reckon.

And as I stated before 'motive' does not have to be present/proved to get a conviction.

he is guilty based on what? A seven yr olds description of a car that he didnt have? and aprils mother pointing the finger?

it seemed so to me for ages

nothing made sense

i hope the police KNOW he did it BUT if they know why arent they giving the family the evidence so they can stop hoping??????

I am sure there is more to it than that.
I don't think they could lay charges if there was not sufficient evidence. Also I don't think that they would say that she will not be found alive if they did not find something that leads them to that conclusion. They wouldn't put her family through that If they were not sure.

Of course they have more than the say so of a 7 year old. I also think the reason why the mother names him is because of descriptions given of him and the vehicle from interviews of witnesses not because they thought he would kidnap and murder their daughter.

We won't know what evidence they have until it comes to trial. The public and media are not privvy to that information. I am sure they have given the family their reasons for the charges and that will not be made public knowledge.

I think little April's family obviously still want to find her for some closure, no one wants to go through life not knowing where your precious child's final resting place is and what exactly happened. They want her found and home so they can say goodbye And bury her.

All moo of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member