Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #2 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can they not find anything else with which to charge MB so they can maintain custody for a longer period of time? This is done quite frequently in the US. Any charge, no matter how small, could allow them more time.

Apart from him not looking like someone who would commit such a crime (which means nothing, I guess), he also doesn't fit the profile for child abductors. I Googled various things and he just doesn't fit - which also means nothing ultimately.

Now that pink ribbons have been introduced as a show of solidarity (because spending all hours in the cold and wet searching for April didn't show that) a fund is now being set up for the family. Surely if a fund is required it is for the search and rescue teams at this point?

Something is amiss and I don't know what. :(

I see no problem with a fund being set up for the family. I'm sure they have not been able to go to work or really function with their little girl missing, and that probably will hold true for the foreseeable future, regardless of the outcome here.

Well the thing is people want to send money, and I guess it's their right to have somewhere to send it. But I am also sure that the family will be having all their needs met by the community and that under the (very public) circumstances their employers will decide it's a good move to pay them compassionate leave, and therefore they will not be in any actual need of extra money in the amounts the public are likely to send in.

Contrast this with the Louise Woodward case where the parents were having to spend large amounts travelling to America to be with her, and taking large amounts of time off work, as well as paying legal fees. Also Madelaine McCann where they wanted to pay detectives to continue the search for a child who may well still be alive. At this stage, the police themselves are doing a very thorough job of searching and publicising, without any cost to the family. Should the child not be found, then going into the future there may be need for funds to continue publicity and searching.

The entire community is 100% invested in this case. I fear if MB is released tomorrow without April being found, he's a dead man.
He's the guy that may hold the answers, I can only pray no one decides to be a vigilante.

I literally said the same to my Mum earlier.god help him if he is released! I'm sure they would have to provide him with some protection but here's hoping it doesn't come to that and they nail the sob

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

MB may also be totally innocent. No way do I want an innocent man in fear of his life or ostracised just because we are eager to find someone to blame!

is this new (re: have they continued to search in the dark on previous nights?)

Just heard that the police have just another 24hrs to hold the suspect and charge him, or they may have to release him, maybe thats why they are searching all night..

Just catching up now - actually manageed to get all scheduled work done today, but no time for sleuthing until now

Originally Posted by jaldy80
I can't believe how close they are letting the media get to such a potentially important search area. They are reporting from the very same spots that are being searched currently.

Originally Posted by Marilynilpa
I agree. It has been very interesting to get such an "inside" look at a missing child investigation.

Now if April could only be found . . .

I am in complete agreement - but this touchy feely involvement is the exception rather than the rule.

I'd like to think they have learned lessons from the criticism of their poor handling of the last British high profile child case (Tia Sharp), but my innate cynic argues it is because they need help from the local people.

Whatever the outcome of this particular case, I sincerely hope it is shown they have done everything they could have done, and in an efficient and orderly manner. We are lucky that child abduction is a rare thing in the UK, but should (when) it happen again, it would be great to have a police force in which people trust and have faith in.

was she taken at 7pm? That is late for a child of this age to be up, but out? and out alone? Sorry for judging but something is not sitting right with me.
Why was her bike not taken for forensics? If she was on it earlier....perhaps there are/were prints.

I literally said the same to my Mum earlier.god help him if he is released! I'm sure they would have to provide him with some protection but here's hoping it doesn't come to that and they nail the sob

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
you mean whichever sob is behind it, might not be him

was she taken at 7pm? That is late for a child of this age to be up, but out? and out alone? Sorry for judging but something is not sitting right with me.
Why was her bike not taken for forensics? If she was on it earlier....perhaps there are/were prints.
There are no reports saying the driver got out or handled the bike

She was with other children inititally playing together but it seems at the time of the abduction there was just one other girl aged 7 with her

The time is said to be around 7pm

I see no problem with a child out playing on a bike with her friends. Much better than being indoors playing computer games or staring at a TV. 7pm is not really that late, especially since the family had just returned from Parents Evening and April was with her friends. It would have been dusky at that time rather than dark.

Can they not find anything else with which to charge MB so they can maintain custody for a longer period of time? This is done quite frequently in the US. Any charge, no matter how small, could allow them more time.

Its charging him with something serious enough that would allow him to be placed on remand,a parking ticket wont do it..

As for being released,that may well be the case but i doubt if the police would allow him to be released into the same community,he would probably be temporarily put in a safehouse.

As for vigilantes,they dont need to kill him,a wee bit of torture just may reveal Aprils location.

Just heard that the police have just another 24hrs to hold the suspect and charge him, or they may have to release him, maybe thats why they are searching all night..

That's not quite true. Police have been granted a custody extension until ~5pm tomorrow which will take the custody period to 72 hours. At that point they have the option of requesting a further 24 hours taking it to the maximum of 96 hours. So by 5pm Saturday at the latest, they have to charge him or release him.

I see no problem with a child out playing on a bike with her friends. Much better than being indoors playing computer games or staring at a TV. 7pm is not really that late, especially since the family had just returned from Parents Evening and April was with her friends. It would have been dusky at that time rather than dark.

I live around 2.5 hours south of Machynlleth and it is dark here at 7pm at the moment, dusky around 6.40pm and then dark very quickly.

ETA sorry its 3 hours not 2.5 going by google maps

Its charging him with something serious enough that would allow him to be placed on remand,a parking ticket wont do it..

As for being released,that may well be the case but i doubt if the police would allow him to be released into the same community,he would probably be temporarily put in a safehouse.

As for vigilantes,they dont need to kill him,a wee bit of torture just may reveal Aprils location.

And if he is innocent? is torture justified just because he was arrested on suspicion? Would it have been ok to torture that headmaster in the Jo Yeates case whenhe was released on bail before they caught the actual culprit?

I still have difficulty understanding why he would go and abduct a kid in front of others who knew him or from where he and his car could be spotted by anyone else nearby or looking out of a window and also stay in the area

My child is 10... In bedroom at 7pm to play to watch movie.. Lights out at 8:30..

Also, many in the UK do not realise that sunset times in West Wales are quite a bit later than London time.

Sunset was 1853 on 1st October for Aberystwyth.

Whilst I think that is a bit late for a 5 year old to be out, if she had been cooped up in a school meeting with other children prior to that, I can see them wanting to play for say half an hour before bedtime to let off steam.

This is a close knit rural community, far removed from the inner city.

I am not going to vilify the parents on this one.

i have a 2 year old that goes to bed at 10pm. she is outside a lot at 7. Please don't judge people. Everyone has their own parenting ideas.

I live around 2.5 hours south of Machynlleth and it is dark here at 7pm at the moment, dusky around 6.40pm and then dark very quickly.

No, you live approx 120 miles East ;-) Also don't forget the map of GB is falsely placed upright for the sake of fitting on weather maps, Edinburgh is actually further West than Bristol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME