Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #3 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post so hello.

Been reading for a while and impressed by the thoroughness of people's observations on the forum

I have friends who live a few miles North of Mach but can offer no real insight and I'm not too sure what I could say being a UK resident bearing in mind the case is now sub judice.

However, without prejudice, I remain completely open minded regarding any possible motive and think this is a complex scenario that probably will not become clear until the trial.

It's a terrible tragedy and I pray for the little girl, her family and all those connected.

This is my first post so hello.

Been reading for a while and impressed by the thoroughness of people's observations on the forum

I have friends who live a few miles North of Mach but can offer no real insight and I'm not too sure what I could say being a UK resident bearing in mind the case is now sub judice.

However, without prejudice, I remain completely open minded regarding any possible motive and think this is a complex scenario that probably will not become clear until the trial.

It's a terrible tragedy and I pray for the little girl, her family and all those connected.

Hello George :). I agree. We just cannot know as there is not enough in the public domain (which is as it should be really)

Can I ask you all a question? I know lots of ppl on here seem to know a lot about a lot of cases so I was wondering how often is it that a person is named and you are not convinced they did it? I hope that makes sence? I remember the huntley case and suspecting him before he was arrested yet I don't get that feeling with this case I feel like someone is missing from the picture.

How often? In my case, probably about one in ten. That's a rough guesstimate, obviously, but I would say 9 times out of ten I'd be at least leaning towards guilt and then the odd one like the Ryan Ferguson case where my gut reaction is "this case is ridiculous, why is he in prison?"

My head is completely on the fence here, and my heart and gut are leaning towards innocence. That could be just wishful thinking though, because if they're wrong about him murdering her then little April might still be alive.

How often? In my case, probably about one in ten. That's a rough guesstimate, obviously, but I would say 9 times out of ten I'd be at least leaning towards guilt and then the odd one like the Ryan Ferguson case where my gut reaction is "this case is ridiculous, why is he in prison?"

My head is completely on the fence here, and my heart and gut are leaning towards innocence. That could be just wishful thinking though, because if they're wrong about him murdering her then little April might still be alive.
thing is most people here think the same, well at least a good few, is there a way to put a pollup?

Oh so it is family related I'm not going mad then?? So does that mean AJ would have said to her friend its ok its uncle MB???

i think its up to insp dots to reveal who has said what while theycan as fb comments are not allowed on here

And also prove any fb comments are true, nite all x

Hi all,

I think things are going to turn nasty in Mac, when the search finally ends, which it will have to, because judging by the search patterns (or lack thereof) they don't know where to look, and it seems unlikely now that they will find anything before resources run dry and they have to give up.

As our new poster, George Gently kindly pointed out, the case is subjudice in the UK, which means that we who live here have to be very careful about what we say, so I won't be posting any more, until it comes to trial (if it does) but I will follow your thoughts and thanks to all for the great discussion.

Opal x :)

i think its up to insp dots to reveal who has said what while theycan as fb comments are not allowed on here

I don't think it was commented from Facebook it was published in the telegraph. The link attached was from the telegraph.

Sorry I don't understand your point. I just put up the link to the Telegraph??

Sorry I don't understand your point. I just put up the link to the Telegraph??

yeah sorry i was commenting on your comments on facebook from before apologies

Its true aprils family had connections with this guy i want to know why neither the father or mother or grandparenta have said anything about him at all, not far off from suspecting their involvement now, sorry

This question I ask to all of you who are critical of LE and think they have acted hastily in charging MB:

If no other evidence has come to light to implicate anyone else, at least that we are aware, what suggestions might you give to LE regarding how they should proceed with their investigation?

Go back to the beginning and look at everything the wrong way 'round, upside-down and back-to-front.

I'm at a bit of a loss to understand why anyone would be strongly convinced at this stage that MB is innocent. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all we've seen of him are still photographs - we haven't heard him speak, or been able to observe his movements and expressions. So any impressions of him can only be very shallow.

We don't know the nature of the evidence the police have against him (and this is entirely normal in the UK), but the speed at which everything moved suggests it's very convincing.

:

Scary but if asked the child what his name was could have rung police,not as if the child would have said he was trying abduct them if he wasnt

Ah, but think. Had he pulled up alongside the child, what would an onlooker have thought? Approaching a child with intent to abduct? It has happened... Mr P spoke to his own son through the van window on the High Street at the end of the school day. After he'd driven away, the Police surrounded Ben and asked him what 'the man in the van' wanted... I don't think they expected him to say 'it's my Dad'. It's the implication, isn't it?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ies-between-Mark-Bridger-and-April-Jones.html

It is definitely a complicated web of family, extended family and friend!

Very complex. I tried to figure the family dynamics out in an earlier post. I thought that PJ had previously fathered at least one child. I referred to her as Z (randomly). This same Z mentions AJ as her stepsister though.

Would someone refer to their half-sister as a stepsister?

A mistake or is PJ not AJ's father?

I dont think its this bloke because NOTHING points to him, i could well be proved wrong and will be sad and disappointed and shocked and proven to be naive

i didnt like the Policeman bevans face either, seemes he just HAD to charge someone

he strikes me as a loner, a nice compassionate guy, maybe had a drink problem, never been in trouble doesnt look like a child killer at all

I STILL think he has been fitted up lets not forget the people the police have fitted up in the past

This has put a wry smile on my face.

Terms of Service Terms of Service - Short, Plain Language Version - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Terms of Service - Short, Plain Language Version
We have a detailed, formal Terms of Service (TOS) posted separately, and that TOS is what you will be held to as a member here. It's long and detailed because it has to be in the world we live in, and you are expected to read it, understand it and abide by it. However, we can sum it up as follows:
1) Be a decent human being;
2) Treat your fellow posters as the decent human beings they are;
3) Keep in mind that whatever you post will likely live on forever, so think before you press "Submit Reply".
4) It's a big world. People will disagree with you. You will disagree with them. This can be done with respect, and that's what we expect.

We are a victim friendly site. The parents have not been named suspects or POI's. We can not and will not discuss them in that manner. We discuss what we know in main stream media and by law enforcement. Rumors are not allowed. If you feel a post is against TOS, don't respond to it please alert and let a Mod check it out.

Thank you
Ima

I'm at a bit of a loss to understand why anyone would be strongly convinced at this stage that MB is innocent. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all we've seen of him are still photographs - we haven't heard him speak, or been able to observe his movements and expressions. So any impressions of him can only be very shallow.

We don't know the nature of the evidence the police have against him (and this is entirely normal in the UK), but the speed at which everything moved suggests it's very convincing.

I'm not strongly convinced of his innocence, I'm just on the fence. However, I'll answer your question anyway - the speed at which everything moved can be read two ways. It could be a sign of very convincing evidence, or it could be a sign that the police have rushed to judgement. This is a high profile case where public and media pressure to solve it is intense. Its also a heartwrenching case, where the victim is an innocent and very vulnerable little girl.

The police are human beings, both their common human decency and their professional pride can feed into a rush to judgement against the wrong suspect in cases like this. Or, they might have absolutely solid evidence that we know nothing about. I've seen both happen, and IMO that's why you're seeing very divided opinions in this thread.

Would someone refer to their half-sister as a stepsister?

Yes, I'm sorry to say a lot of people would. The "step-" prefix is so widely misused nowadays that I think many people are completely unaware of the distinction, which is an important one.

the speed at which everything moved can be read two ways. It could be a sign of very convincing evidence, or it could be a sign that the police have rushed to judgement.

I know what you mean, but in this case the fact that they haven't found April, yet are clearly certain that she is dead, suggests to me that the evidence they have is decisive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow