Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #3 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'm sorry to say a lot of people would. The "step-" prefix is so widely misused nowadays that I think many people are completely unaware of the distinction, which is an important one.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I'm not strongly convinced of his innocence, I'm just on the fence. However, I'll answer your question anyway - the speed at which everything moved can be read two ways. It could be a sign of very convincing evidence, or it could be a sign that the police have rushed to judgement. This is a high profile case where public and media pressure to solve it is intense. Its also a heartwrenching case, where the victim is an innocent and very vulnerable little girl.

The police are human beings, both their common human decency and their professional pride can feed into a rush to judgement against the wrong suspect in cases like this. Or, they might have absolutely solid evidence that we know nothing about. I've seen both happen, and IMO that's why you're seeing very divided opinions in this thread.

i will go with speed to convict on no evidence here, the man is someones scapegoat IMO nite. X

Yes, I'm sorry to say a lot of people would. The "step-" prefix is so widely misused nowadays that I think many people are completely unaware of the distinction, which is an important one.

I know what you mean, but in this case the fact that they haven't found April, yet are clearly certain that she is dead, suggests to me that the evidence they have is decisive.

I agree.

I hope he pleads guilty if so. Save everyone time and grief.

I honestly don't think the police could intentionally fit someone up for a murder these days. In the 1970s - yes, definitely they could. They really have to follow PACE to the letter. Even if, say the police had the wrong man, that doesn't mean they are trying to fit him up. Why would they? Why not go after who really did it?

USA peeps- fitting someone up, incase you don't use that lingo means to frame someone.

Thank you for explaining the term, it helps. Even though I sort of figured it out, it's nice to have it confirmed.
I don't know about other U.S. peeps, but I tend to read a lot of these posts with a British accent running through my head. And I love some of the words used.
But I do agree, I don't think LE is "fitting him up", why would they? LE seems to be even tighter with holding back information than our LE here in the U.S. and that may be a good thing.

He was arrested, but not charged. He was not arrested without reason.
There was some potential evidence which had to be checked out, and as a keyholder he was an obvious suspect. He was innocent which is why he was not charged.

Where is your evidence that there was "no evidence"?

This was a disgraceful instance of a media feeding frenzy; the press wrongly asserted in print, that CJ had been involved in unacceptable sexual behaviour & was linked to both paedophile offences & a 1974 murder - this was a shocking display of 'gutter press' at its very worse! CJ filed charges against 8 major newspapers & was (quite rightly) awarded substantial costs.

I hope this has led to greater reporting restrictions - of which we are now seeing in this & other cases.

The police did not handle the case with the tact they should have, but they had to check CJ out. But I think lessons have been learnt & acted upon.

Interestingly Vincent Tabak, added fuel to the fire by his girlfriend ringing (from the Netherlands) the A&S police force & stating that Tabak had information that may be useful to them; that CJ had moved his car on the night in question - putting yet more doubt on CJ, but ultimately putting himself firmly into the investigation, which then led to VT's arrest, murder charge & then conviction.

Here is something to throw out there... Clutchbag may enjoy this.

'Mr Justice Griffith-Williams said any decision about where any future trial would be held would be made after consultation with the victim's family' (Guardian)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/oct/10/mark-bridger-remanded-court-april-jones

Q1: Is it common practice for victims' families to be consulted? Does this demonstrate a bias? If so, to whom?

[and]

'UPDATE 1028: The judge presiding over the case is keen for the trial of Mark Bridger to be brought forward as soon as possible because many of the witnesses will be young children, some as young as seven years of age, BBC News reports' (This is Bristol)

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Apri...court-murder/story-17061609-detail/story.html

Q2: Is bringing a case forward appropriate? Is this thorough? Does this give enough time for the defence to respond to evidence? What does this 'many' tell us about reliable witnesses? Does this demonstrate a bias? If so, to whom?

Adios.

I actually don't think this is unfortunate, usually. My father and his wife are expecting a baby in December. She'll be 25 years younger than I am and hasn't even been born yet, but I already refer to her as my "sister" (um and yes, once I got over being a little weirded out I am SO EXCITED). :heartluv:

It's confusing, sure, but "family" isn't about what prefix you put before someone's relationship to you.

he strikes me as a loner, a nice compassionate guy, maybe had a drink problem, never been in trouble doesnt look like a child killer at all

Well, Ted Bundy looked like a nice guy too. Dennis Rader (the BTK serial killer) was a Cub Scout leader and the president of the Congregational Council at his church. John Wayne Gacy dressed as a clown to entertain children at charity events. I could go on but won't. I trust that LE have evidence in this case that they are choosing not to disclose. Maybe I'm just naive.

Hi - after spending the last few weeks reading through the forums on here I decided to register and try to add something to the discussions. I live in Melbourne, Australia but originally from the UK so I have been following both the recent Melbourne case and this one.

I just had a question and that is why AJ's father hasn't been on any media, I can't find a single photo or video of him. I thought he would have been with his wife especially during the press conference appeals?

I actually don't think this is unfortunate, usually. My father and his wife are expecting a baby in December. She'll be 25 years younger than I am and hasn't even been born yet, but I already refer to her as my "sister" (um and yes, once I got over being a little weirded out I am SO EXCITED). :heartluv:

It's confusing, sure, but "family" isn't about what prefix you put before someone's relationship to you.

Well, Ted Bundy looked like a nice guy too. Dennis Rader (the BTK serial killer) was a Cub Scout leader and the president of the Congregational Council at his church. John Wayne Gacy dressed as a clown to entertain children at charity events. I could go on but won't. I trust that LE have evidence in this case that they are choosing not to disclose. Maybe I'm just naive.

I'm with you, unfortunately some terrible crimes are committed because the offender does look 'nice and normal'. I do think that there is usually 'something' about them, but outward appearances wouldn't ring alarm bells.

Hi - after spending the last few weeks reading through the forums on here I decided to register and try to add something to the discussions. I live in Melbourne, Australia but originally from the UK so I have been following both the recent Melbourne case and this one.

I just had a question and that is why AJ's father hasn't been on any media, I can't find a single photo or video of him. I thought he would have been with his wife especially during the press conference appeals?

Who was the man with her when they did an appeal on TV early on?
(Sorry, from Aussie too, and not really across all details in this sad case)

The one I saw said it was AJ's grandad (not sure which side)

With hands on experience raising children & helping with grandchildren, I can ask them something that happened just last weekend & they say "that was a long time ago" like going out to eat, school event or getting a new cat etc... I still see it in the teenagers sometimes. It is important to try him at the soonest possible time. jmo on that subject. I'm not sure I see bias but fresh in their minds does help, oh those poor little kids, my heart is with them, such a heavy burden. Yeah, faster is better to me.

The family will know how much this is affecting their child or children, so again to me no bias. Smart of Mr. Justice Griffith-Williams to consider the children.

jmo

Looks like they are signing the registry (marriage) so must be an older photo. Not a big deal it just seemed odd he wasn't in any appeals or anything.

Looks like they are signing the registry (marriage) so must be an older photo. Not a big deal it just seemed odd he wasn't in any appeals or anything.

I agree. Prayers for the family. Too sad.

You can search the picture on google images. Just put CJ's & husbands name in the search. I'm not sure what is allowed and don't want to interfere with the law in the UK or the prosecution of MB.

Not sure if it was right or not to even give a hint so my apologies Sheepman for removing my post so I posted the search info again.

Who was the man with her when they did an appeal on TV early on?
(Sorry, from Aussie too, and not really across all details in this sad case)

OK

Coral Jones is aprils mum (bio)
Paul JOnes is Aprils dad (bio)
Richard Moon (corals bio father, APrils grandad)
Jean Moon (corlas bio mother, aprils grandmother)
Dai Smith (Aprils step grandfather, corals step father) The man which made the plea with coral.

Hope this clears this question up.

Aprils father has major health issues, he is going blind and I cant see how he would have helped in the search. Perhaps he has his own personal reasons for not attending the press conference, everybody feels grief in different ways and we shouldnt judge him. I believe he has been a very much needed support to his wife at this terrible time, I bet that is more of a relief to her.

yeah sorry i was commenting on your comments on facebook from before apologies

Its true aprils family had connections with this guy i want to know why neither the father or mother or grandparenta have said anything about him at all, not far off from suspecting their involvement now, sorry

MB is known on the state as well as the whole village. Not sure if he was close to the family different reports have said different things.

With hands on experience raising children & helping with grandchildren, I can ask them something that happened just last weekend & they say "that was a long time ago" like going out to eat, school event or getting a new cat etc... I still see it in the teenagers sometimes. It is important to try him at the soonest possible time. jmo on that subject. I'm not sure I see bias but fresh in their minds does help, oh those poor little kids, my heart is with them, such a heavy burden. Yeah, faster is better to me.

The family will know how much this is affecting their child or children, so again to me no bias. Smart of Mr. Justice Griffith-Williams to consider the children.

jmo

The trial will be in many months from now. THe prosecution will want to make sure they have all their evidence before they set a date for the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member