Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #3 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all we know, the murder charge may be dropped at any time until the trial. The abduction alone is enough to try him on and keep him in custody.

I was surprised that they charged him with abduction and murder at the same time. They didn't need to do that. They could have just charged him with abduction, as you say that would have kept him in custody. It would also have allowed them to gather more evidence of murder and to continue to question him about the new evidence. They didn't do that which has to point to them being pretty confident in the evidence they already have.

He might be a bit of a BS artist. - actually.... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...spect-Mark-Bridger-was-weapons-collector.html

When Mr Bridger first arrived in Machynlleth, he told locals he had left the Army because of a back problem, but the Ministry of Defence said yesterday it had no record of him serving in any branch of the Armed Forces.

After working as a lifeguard at the leisure centre that has now become the gathering point for April’s search parties, Mr Bridger worked as a porter at the Wynnstay Hotel in Machynlleth, where he had a reputation for being “the sort of bloke who would walk in and start talking about how he had done everything and bought the T-shirt”, according to one former colleague.

“Everything you had done, he had done better than you.”

That it is reported, does not make it fact. There is no direct quote. I would be inclined to disregard unsourced claims made by the press.

For all we know, the murder charge may be dropped at any time until the trial. The abduction alone is enough to try him on and keep him in custody.

Yes the children situation needs to be clarified/proved. There is something else in that the 2 with ed I believe don't have his name. Please let me know if I have that wrong.

Sent from my mobile phone using Tapatalk

I have only seen 2 of MB/JW's childern named in MSM. Both male and both with forenames starting with S. I must have missed where the 3rd child was named.

This is just the first I could find, but it has been reported in other papers

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/crime/news/article.cfm?c_id=30&objectid=10838359

Bridger is still on good terms with Elaine Dafydd, the mother to two of his children, S, nine, and C, 13. Mrs Dafydd is now married to a new partner and has a four-year-old girl.

It was also reported he had 3 children with JW but Scott was named purely as Sky spotted him out searching. There was a bitter break up between JW and MB and they have had no contact at all for years, the only reason SW had met him was as they drank in the same pub. For whatever reason JW wants/wanted nothing to do with MB there are no reports that MB made any effort to see those Children through the courts. But you never know what may come out in the future.

I read another report somewhere that MB had a daughter the same age as AJ but I think that was a mistake as AJ was a close friend of ED's 5 yr old daughter who also lives with MB's to other children.

Gosh it is all very complicated isn't it!!! :banghead:

Among his children are Scott Williams, 19, who lives on the same estate as April. He has a younger teenage brother.
Williams joined the search for April when she was abducted

That it is reported, does not make it fact. There is no direct quote. I would be inclined to disregard unsourced claims made by the press.

It is consistent with the general picture painted by locals who knew him since he moved to the area in the late 80's.

This is just the first I could find, but it has been reported in other papers

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/crime/news/article.cfm?c_id=30&objectid=10838359

Bridger is still on good terms with Elaine Dafydd, the mother to two of his children, S......, nine, and C......, 13. Mrs Dafydd is now married to a new partner and has a four-year-old girl.

It was also reported he had 3 children with JW but Scott was named purely as Sky spotted him out searching. There was a bitter break up between JW and MB and they have had no contact at all for years, the only reason SW had met him was as they drank in the same pub. For whatever reason JW wants/wanted nothing to do with MB there are no reports that MB made any effort to see those Children through the courts. But you never know what may come out in the future.

I read another report somewhere that MB had a daughter the same age as AJ but I think that was a mistake as AJ was a close friend of ED's 5 yr old daughter who also lives with MB's to other children.

Gosh it is all very complicated isn't it!!! :banghead:

Yes I agree with all of that. You might want to amend the children's names in your post, to anonymise them. :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...spect-Mark-Bridger-was-weapons-collector.html

'....His former wife, Julie Williams, had two sons with him but their split 20 years ago was so bitter that Mr Bridger had never met their younger son, Scott, aged 19, until earlier this year, even though Scott lives on the Bryn-y-Gog estate in Machynlleth where Mr Bridger spent much of his time, and where April Jones lives.

He had two more children, aged 12 and 10, with Elaine Griffiths, who also lives on the Bryn-y-Gog estate. The children were playmates of April Jones, together with Elaine Griffiths’ four-year-old daughter from another relationship.

Mr Bridger, who is originally from Surrey, had moved between various addresses in Machynlleth but in the past few weeks he moved to a rented cottage called Mount Pleasant in the hamlet of Ceinws, a few miles north of Machynlleth, after his latest relationship, with a 25-year-old woman, broke down. '

It is consistent with the general picture painted by locals who knew him since he moved to the area in the late 80's.

A 'general picture painted'... what does this mean? And which locals, specifically? Impressions are not always what they seem, as far as I know.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...spect-Mark-Bridger-was-weapons-collector.html

'....His former wife, Julie Williams, had two sons with him but their split 20 years ago was so bitter that Mr Bridger had never met their younger son, Scott, aged 19, until earlier this year, even though Scott lives on the Bryn-y-Gog estate in Machynlleth where Mr Bridger spent much of his time, and where April Jones lives.

'

Ah, thanks for that ...... explains it very well , so only 2 children with JW, which makes more sense, given the fairly short time together - and also explains why SW had never met MB, until recently

I agree, it's all sketchy, but she must have seen the front of the vehicle to some degree as apparently she knew the front was lower than the back and also she gave details of the man to the police, which they never gave out. Unless that's fabrication on the part of the press, but we have read this early on.

How many cars have a front that's as high as the back? None as far as I am aware. Don't all cars have a low bonnet and then the windscreen rises up and some end in a hatchback or a boot. None - even cars drawn by 5 years olds have no bonnet. Or maybe they do and I have never seen one.

'

Ah so Scott is the younger brother not the older one. That makes sense date wise now.
Just goes to show you can't take what is printed sometimes as given unless it's uniform across the board.

Ah so Scott is the younger brother not the older one. That makes sense date wise now.
Just goes to show you can't take what is printed sometimes as given unless it's uniform across the board.

Assuming that the above is correct :) But does make sense time wise, married 1990, separated 1992, son Scott born either 92 or 93, depending upon whether he's already had a birthday this year.

How many cars have a front that's as high as the back? None as far as I am aware. Don't all cars have a low bonnet and then the windscreen rises up and some end in a hatchback or a boot. None - even cars drawn by 5 years olds have no bonnet. Or maybe they do and I have never seen one.

Sounds to me like that was a description used to determine if it was possibly a van or a car that the witness had seen.

<rsbm>

'Fact' 2: MB had 6 children. The only ones I have read about are the first child, now 19 and estranged and the two mentioned in the latest Telegraph family tree, children of ED (as she now is). He did not have children with VF as theirs was a shorter relationship, so I seem to have lost a girlfriend and 3 kids somewhere along the line. :waitasec:

TIA

Missing girlfriend info.

Up until two years ago, Bridger was living with a local woman named Corinna Robinson, but they have since split up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-search-help-missing-April.html#ixzz28zlUv4os

He might be a bit of a BS artist. - actually.... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...spect-Mark-Bridger-was-weapons-collector.html

After working as a lifeguard at the leisure centre that has now become the gathering point for April’s search parties, Mr Bridger worked as a porter at the Wynnstay Hotel in Machynlleth, where he had a reputation for being “the sort of bloke who would walk in and start talking about how he had done everything and bought the T-shirt”, according to one former colleague.

“Everything you had done, he had done better than you.”

One former colleague isn't enough to know whether about MB's character. The man may not have liked him, was jealous of him...or have his own agenda. It seems from the little I have read and seen (including the Sky interview with MB's former neighbours) that everyone, INCLUDING April's father, found him likeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214