Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #3 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure they would necessarily know, if on previous occasions she returned unharmed. I mean they weren't watching to see whose car she got into that Monday, they only found out because after she went missing, people asked. If she had come back safely before they needed to call her in, they may have never been told she got into his car that night.

As I made clear in my post, I was not referring just to his absence at the searches. He has been absent from *everything* including when his wife left home because she couldn't stand the stress. And a degenerative sight disorder does not in itself explain absence from a press conference his wife went to. There are ways to protect your eyes from bright lights.

It could be that he is so stressed from his sight problems that he can't cope with any of this extra stress, so has gone to stay elsewhere. That's fine by me, and the possibility of this was included in my post.

Sorry Inge, I think I probably read it wrong/differently (nightshift tiredness kicking in!) I agree with your point on AJ's parents not necessarily knowing if she had been in the car earlier, but also noted in my head that CJ was adament this was the press making up rubbish. I did think it odd after everything that has been written that was the point CJ picked up on, but then again I doubt she is/was necessarily thinking logically bless her.
This is all the more frustrating as we know so little in the way of fact yet.
I can't help thinking there is going to be some shocks come out at the trial...who knows:fence:

<rsbm>- also, slightly off topic of this post, but it never ceases to amaze me how the papers change the headline to suit........ MB today is the slaughter house worker !! other times, he is a lifeguard or handyman

Yes, I know what you mean. It made me wonder about the chronology of his jobs. This is one version.

1. Lifeguard at the Leisure Centre
2. Porter at Wynnstay Hotel (This is where he met first partner JW in 1989)
3. Mechanic and as a sub-contractor for Mid and West Wales Welding
4. Shift work at local abattoir

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...spect-Mark-Bridger-was-weapons-collector.html

Hmmm...I don't recall nursebeeme changing the rules??

I remember when we were doing the Tia Sharpe case we really laid into the family (I mean even before they were arrested) and no one stopped us then. I thought nursebeeme was telling us off for arguing over Coral's hope that her child was still alive, mainly because it was causing problems between members.

So I guess some clarification of the default rules that should be applied to all cases would be good.

Yes, I'm sorry to say a lot of people would. The "step-" prefix is so widely misused nowadays that I think many people are completely unaware of the distinction, which is an important one.

I actually don't think this is unfortunate, usually. My father and his wife are expecting a baby in December. She'll be 25 years younger than I am and hasn't even been born yet, but I already refer to her as my "sister" (um and yes, once I got over being a little weirded out I am SO EXCITED). :heartluv:

That's lovely for you, and of course there's nothing wrong with calling her your sister! She will be your half-sister because you have one parent in common. The problem is when people describe half-siblings as step-siblings, which increasingly happens in the UK.

It's confusing, sure, but "family" isn't about what prefix you put before someone's relationship to you.

In one sense that's true, but it is also important to distinguish between blood relatives and members of extended family who are not related by blood. A half-sibling is a blood relative, but a step-sibling is not. It does matter, because if half-siblings fall in love it is incestuous, but not for step-siblings.

Anyone in Australia, there is a very good show on channel 9 now about prisons in NSW, Ray Hadley is inside the Supermax at Goulburn. That is where all the worst offenders are, like the backpacker murderer.

Yes, I know what you mean. It made me wonder about the chronology of his jobs. This is one version.

1. Lifeguard at the Leisure Centre
2. Porter at Wynnstay Hotel (This is where he met first partner JW in 1989)
3. Mechanic and as a sub-contractor for Mid and West Wales Welding
4. Shift work at local abattoir

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...spect-Mark-Bridger-was-weapons-collector.html

I was under the impression the lifeguard job was recently but not sure why. And at the time of AJ going missing he was working on a renovations in a hotel. Not the Wynnstay, cant remember the name but it has been posted in this thread.

I thought SUE SMITH was Corals Mum???

I think she is and the other is a step mum. Basically both her parents went on to marry again, so she has her bio parents and then their partners, being her step parents. Confused? I sure am.

That's lovely for you, and of course there's nothing wrong with calling her your sister! She will be your half-sister because you have one parent in common. The problem is when people describe half-siblings as step-siblings, which increasingly happens in the UK.

In one sense that's true, but it is also important to distinguish between blood relatives and members of extended family who are not related by blood. A half-sibling is a blood relative, but a step-sibling is not. It does matter, because if half-siblings fall in love it is incestuous, but not for step-siblings.

True, you hear a lot of people refer to someone as a step sibling when they are really a half sibling.

I don't think the family are denying that AJ had been in the car, just not 2/3 days before as the press had stated.

PJ AND MB were friends they were known to play about with cars/bikes' in PJ's garage.
Also PJ is not elusive he was advised by Police not to go out searching as he has a degenerative eye disease. This was said in one of the Police conferences too I think.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...fter-giving-up-hope-of-finding-her-alive.html

But witnesses are named and their words in quotation marks telling how she had been in the car recently

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...is-Land-Rover-two-days-before-kidnapping.html

Was there soldier as well?

When MB moved to Mach, he told people that he had previously been in the Army but had left due to back problems. The media tried to check this out with the MoD who said they had no record of MB having been in any of the UK armed forces.

I still don't believe they have the right car, the 7 year old witness said AJ got into the drivers side, so either it was a RHD or she (witness) could not see in the front of the car to see that the steering wheel was on the other side or she would have said "not the drivers side", if she had seen in the car then she would have told police the the steering wheel was on the other side, in which case why did police say it "might have been a LHD"

If it was indeed a LHD and AJ got in what the witness thought was the drivers side (in a normal car) then the chances are the car pulled up with the children on the right of the car, in which case AJ would have been too short to speak to the driver through the window of a land rover (as he is on opposite side of car) she would have also struggled to open the door to talk to him on a car that high on her own! ..... hope im making sense.

IMO it was a RHD and AJ climbed in and over the drivers lap or it was a LHD but there was two people in that car when it pulled up!

But witnesses are named and their words in quotation marks telling how she had been in the car recently
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...is-Land-Rover-two-days-before-kidnapping.html

Miss Fenner said: "April was playing with her friends and it has come out that they have been in the van before.

"They drove them down the road from the estate and chatted with them. I don't know if it was just the three little girls who rode in the van or some of their other friends as well."

It doesn't sound as though she is a first-hand witness though. This sounds like hearsay, and she may be mistaken.
Wonder if she's the sister of VF?

I was under the impression the lifeguard job was recently but not sure why. And at the time of AJ going missing he was working on a renovations in a hotel. Not the Wynnstay, cant remember the name but it has been posted in this thread.

Plas Llwyngwern, just over a mile from Mount Pleasant

I still don't believe they have the right car, the 7 year old witness said AJ got into the drivers side, so either it was a RHD or she (witness) could not see in the front of the car to see that the steering wheel was on the other side or she would have said "not the drivers side", if she had seen in the car then she would have told police the the steering wheel was on the other side, in which case why did police say it "might have been a LHD"

If it was indeed a LHD and AJ got in what the witness thought was the drivers side (in a normal car) then the chances are the car pulled up with the children on the right of the car, in which case AJ would have been too short to speak to the driver through the window of a land rover (as he is on opposite side of car) she would have also struggled to open the door to talk to him on a car that high on her own! ..... hope im making sense.

IMO it was a RHD and AJ climbed in and over the drivers lap or it was a LHD but there was two people in that car when it pulled up!

I agree, it's all sketchy, but she must have seen the front of the vehicle to some degree as apparently she knew the front was lower than the back and also she gave details of the man to the police, which they never gave out. Unless that's fabrication on the part of the press, but we have read this early on.

It doesn't sound as though she is a first-hand witness though. This sounds like hearsay, and she may be mistaken.

Can only imagine how confusing it is for children, read that MB has 6 by 3 women, 2 of the women live nearby, one of them has another child from a new relationship.

yes I see what you mean but she also said

Neighbour Amy Fenner, 21, said: "It's not the first time they have been in his vehicle. They had got into the van two days before the abduction."

I mean even if its second hand it doesnt sound like someone would just make it up, the other friends who alledgedly went for a ride would be able to testify to it. I was just replying to it being said the family have denied it.

Having said all that, its not crystal clear is it that April was definitely one of the children given a ride.

Yes, sounds like his ex's sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member