Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #3 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One former colleague isn't enough to know whether about MB's character. The man may not have liked him, was jealous of him...or have his own agenda. It seems from the little I have read and seen (including the Sky interview with MB's former neighbours) that everyone, INCLUDING April's father, found him likeable.

There are a lot of other locals quoted, some are identified by name, the articles are all over every UK paper. One says ' it's a small community here, unfortunately everyone knows everyone else's business'
He had lived around there since mid 80's, didn't just arrive in the area recently.

Assuming that the above is correct :) But does make sense time wise, married 1990, separated 1992, son Scott born either 92 or 93, depending upon whether he's already had a birthday this year.

Agree........and also, the article I read ( posted back on page 35 ) which says that SW has a younger brother.........this, if correct, is obviously a son born to a different father

but would possibly explain why some reports have said MB had 3 children with JW....he didnt, he had 2, but JW has had another son since they split

For whatever reason JW wants/wanted nothing to do with MB there are no reports that MB made any effort to see those Children through the courts. But you never know what may come out in the future.

Do we know that this is true and that it wasn't MB who wanted nothing to do with JW?

I'm at a bit of a loss to understand why anyone would be strongly convinced at this stage that MB is innocent.

These are the things niggling away at me.

Re alibi:
LE made an appeal for information from anyone who may have seen MB or his vehicle between 6.30pm Monday (close to the time of AJ's disappearance) and 3.30 pm on Tuesday (close to the time of his arrest).
Does MB have an alibi for this time period?

M0NDAY

Re MB's state of mind on the day of abduction:
He parked his car in a haphazard manner at the school.
0ne witness who saw him driving through AJ's estate at 6pm on Monday said:
“He was driving erratically through Bryn-y-Gog...he nearly hit my mate at 6pm.''
The elderly neighbour said: ''A driver kept cruising up and down the road where the kids were playing. I thought it was a little odd but nothing more and then I noticed it parked up next to the garages which was strange because no one would park there usually...the kids were still playing at that point.But suddenly they weren’t there and I noticed the car drive briskly down the road towards the town centre.’'
We do not know for sure if he identified the make of car to LE or not, but he seemed to be quite observant so there's a possibility he was able to.

TUESDAY

0800 (just before): Someone told police the MB's vehicle was not parked in his driveway
Can MB account for his whereabouts?

0915: ''Mr Bridger seemed “agitated” as he drove out of Ceinws, the hamlet where he lived, according to a motorist, David Richards. “I was turning into Ceinws off the main road and crossing the bridge,” he said. “He wanted to go out to the main road in his vehicle. He was flustered, he wanted to get going. He couldn’t wait for me to cross the bridge, he couldn’t get out of that road quick enough. He was very agitated. There was only him in the Land Rover that I could see...he was crashing the gears, making a hell of a noise. He went out to the junction, then stopped and there was an almighty bang. There was something wrong with the vehicle.”

1pm: CS and her friend ''saw the figure scrambling down a gulley leading to the water's edge.'' The friend's father said: "My daughter and a friend saw a man, they know him well. He was coming down a shale bank with a black bag. He was next to the river. She has been interviewed by the police since and told them everything she saw."
1.45: There was footage of this man ''fitting MB's description'' taken by Channel 4 News
We don't know if this person was 'officially' identified as MB or not but LE would of course know.

2.15: PE and GE saw MB walking on the cycle bridge which led to his being later arrested as ''he walked down the A487 north of the Dyfi bridge outside the town wearing camouflage green jacket, black overtrousers and camouflage trousers .''

If MB was identified as the man with the black bag, what happened to it between 1pm and his arrest when he did not have it in his possession.

All these little queries could be explained away if there were plausible explanations.

(There are 2 other matters which I won't bring up for the sake of delicacy, but if April's body is found they will be answered.)

Sounds to me like that was a description used to determine if it was possibly a van or a car that the witness had seen.

Not a vehicle 'expert' but aren't most vans similar, apart from something like a large Transit van? They still have small/ low fronts. The description pretty much describes to me most vehicles: cars or small vans.

How many cars have a front that's as high as the back? None as far as I am aware. Don't all cars have a low bonnet and then the windscreen rises up and some end in a hatchback or a boot. None - even cars drawn by 5 years olds have no bonnet. Or maybe they do and I have never seen one.

I guess if you consider a saloon car, ie one with a boot rather than a hatchback, that goes down again at the back. However, it was described as a 'van', low at the front and high at the back. Not many vans have windows all the way around!

The prosecution may do well to dispense with the child's testimony. Not only does it appear to be full of holes, by the time the trial comes around she will likely have forgotten most of it and potentially fabricated the rest (not saying anything derogatory about the child, but kids have a way of 'plugging the gaps' from their own imagination.)

We have to believe they have more evidence than that to satisfy a murder charge.

Of course, thank you. I recall reading that now, even had a little gander around the social networks. But no issue from that relationship?

I haven't seen mention of any children from that relationship.

Acrimonious separations or divorces rarely have the child's 'wants' at the top of the agenda.

Agreed Amber and therefore the press etc painting MB as the bad guy because of these situations doesn't take into account that emotions are running high and both parties will have 'issues' with the other.

These are the things niggling away at me.

Re alibi:
LE made an appeal for information from anyone who may have seen MB or his vehicle between 6.30pm Monday (close to the time of AJ's disappearance) and 3.30 pm on Tuesday (close to the time of his arrest).
Does MB have an alibi for this time period?

M0NDAY

Re MB's state of mind on the day of abduction:
He parked his car in a haphazard manner at the school.
0ne witness who saw him driving through AJ's estate at 6pm on Monday said:
“He was driving erratically through Bryn-y-Gog...he nearly hit my mate at 6pm.''
The elderly neighbour said: ''A driver kept cruising up and down the road where the kids were playing. I thought it was a little odd but nothing more and then I noticed it parked up next to the garages which was strange because no one would park there usually...the kids were still playing at that point.But suddenly they weren’t there and I noticed the car drive briskly down the road towards the town centre.’'
We do not know for sure if he identified the make of car to LE or not, but he seemed to be quite observant so there's a possibility he was able to.

TUESDAY

0800 (just before): Someone told police the MB's vehicle was not parked in his driveway

0915: ''Mr Bridger seemed “agitated” as he drove out of Ceinws, the hamlet where he lived, according to a motorist, David Richards. “I was turning into Ceinws off the main road and crossing the bridge,” he said. “He wanted to go out to the main road in his vehicle. He was flustered, he wanted to get going. He couldn’t wait for me to cross the bridge, he couldn’t get out of that road quick enough. He was very agitated. There was only him in the Land Rover that I could see...he was crashing the gears, making a hell of a noise. He went out to the junction, then stopped and there was an almighty bang. There was something wrong with the vehicle.”

1pm: CS and her friend ''saw the figure scrambling down a gulley leading to the water's edge.'' The friend's father said: "My daughter and a friend saw a man, they know him well. He was coming down a shale bank with a black bag. He was next to the river. She has been interviewed by the police since and told them everything she saw."
1.45: There was footage of this man ''fitting MB's description'' taken by Channel 4 News
We don't know if this person was 'officially' identified as MB or not but LE would of course know.

2.15: PE and GE saw MB walking on the cycle bridge which led to his being later arrested as ''he walked down the A487 north of the Dyfi bridge outside the town wearing camouflage green jacket, black overtrousers and camouflage trousers .''

If MB was identified as the man with the black bag, what happened to it between 1pm and his arrest when he did not have it in his possession.

All these little queries could be explained away if there were plausible explanations.

(There are 2 other matters which I won't bring up for the sake of delicacy, but if April's body is found they will be answered.)

Thank you, I read the elderly neighbour's evidence, agree that quite likely there is more that police haven't disclosed, elderly men are pretty good at detail usually.
Also saw the news footage of a man similar in appearance to MB, apparently he enquired how the search was going.

Not a vehicle 'expert' but aren't most vans similar, apart from something like a large Transit van? They still have small/ low fronts. The description pretty much describes to me most vehicles: cars or small vans.

I guess it is down to each individuals perception, but to me vans are flatter at the front compared to cars and I would guess that they could be described as the same height all the way along as opposed to cars where there is a definite bonnet. There are at least couple of older style vans that are very flat at the front.

Thank you, I read the elderly neighbour's evidence, agree that quite likely there is more that police haven't disclosed, elderly men are pretty good at detail usually.
Also saw the news footage of a man similar in appearance to MB, apparently he enquired how the search was going.

When was this?

I guess if you consider a saloon car, ie one with a boot rather than a hatchback, that goes down again at the back. However, it was described as a 'van', low at the front and high at the back. Not many vans have windows all the way around!

The prosecution may do well to dispense with the child's testimony. Not only does it appear to be full of holes, by the time the trial comes around she will likely have forgotten most of it and potentially fabricated the rest (not saying anything derogatory about the child, but kids have a way of 'plugging the gaps' from their own imagination.)

We have to believe they have more evidence than that to satisfy a murder charge.

If the 'van' is used as a people transporter instead of a goods transporter then they generally have windows all round.

When they interviewed the little girl, they would probably have shown her pictures of various types of vehicles to help her explain what she saw. This might not have been at the first interview, but as a follow-up to it. Much easier to do it visually, so she could say for instance "It didn't look like that one, it was more like this one".

When they interviewed the little girl, they would probably have shown her pictures of various types of vehicles to help her explain what she saw. This might not have been at the first interview, but as a follow-up to it. Much easier to do it visually, so she could say for instance "It didn't look like that one, it was more like this one".

Interesting point. I just looked at an article on 'line-ups' to see what % of witnesses picked the right person when faced with a selection. The process of choosing the people to be in a line-up is very precise and those chosen can definitely change the outcome of the results (apparently). So, when asking a 7 year old witness to describe a vehicle possibly from a 'line-up' of images, I do hope they followed the exact same procedures as they would have for a person. Anyone know how this might be done fairly?

Edit: So, for example, if the police have already heard that MB was driving his vehicle in the neighbourhood, showing the child a dozen images of similar cars to his, may result in the one she was most familiar with being picked. As opposed to a dozen images of completely different cars that all have a low front and a high back in varying shades of grey to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties