Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #4 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly right, all answered on the closed thread.

I think we are arguing over crossed purposes LB.

I agree that there must be sufficient evidence for a case to answer in the opinion of the CPS but that itself does not prejudice his trial in the due process so far.

Superintendent Ian John told WalesOnline that 90 of the 135 officers looking for April were now concentrating on the small village of Ceinws.
He said: “Today we have a huge amount of activity in Ceinws. We have 90 officers there, were [Bridger] was arrested and where he was living, but what I'm telling people is not to get too excited about it because there isn't any intelligence which has led us specifically there.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...-32020790/#.UHg2GEJN1L8.twitter#ixzz296CyEYKM

Dyfed Powys Police have said that the search of April Jones' home town of Machynlleth is almost complete.

Superintendent Ian John, who is leading the search, said that focus is now turning to the village of Ceinws where suspect Mark Bridger used to live. He said:

"We've nearly completed our searches here [in Machynlleth] and we're now focusing our search operation today in the Ceinws area and for the rest of the weekend if we shouldn't find April today, throughout this weekend in and around the surrounding towns and villages.

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2012-10-07/mark-bridger-april-jones-aberystwyth-machynlleth/

Why? is it because it was initially reported that they had returned home and April was allowed to play outside for a while?

The council told sky news they had left by 3.30. Confusing isn't it.

It seems to be inaccurate reporting. I'll go with what LE has stated. If someone in the news media thinks the facts are wrong or information is conflicting, they should write an article, provide proof based on LE statements and make their case. They haven't done so yet, so assume its bad reporting.

Odd isn't it? The press are saying she vanished from outside her house while her mother went inside to make tea, but the council confirm them all to be at a parents evening with April playing outside the school on her bike.

Telegraph quote;
April’s parents, Coral and Paul, were reportedly still at the parents’ evening when April, who was playing outside on her bicycle, disappeared

I understand your confusion paddywhack, if the word 'outside' had been replaced 'with near her home' it would have been straightforward.

Convoy for April Jones fund

On Sunday 14th October approximately 30 VW Campervans decorated in pink ribbons will be travelling in convoy from Cross Hands to Aberystwyth, via Carmarthen, to raise funds for the April Jones Fund. The April Jones Fund has been set up and is being managed by Machynlleth Town Council. The convoy will be collected donations on route as it drives through towns and villages.

http://www.tivysideadvertiser.co.uk/news/9982680.Convoy_for_April_Jones_fund/

Just saw the story in the Telegraph regarding mechanical diggers being brought in to help with the search (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...nto-Welsh-village-in-hunt-for-schoolgirl.html) and have to say that this case gets more baffling to me, not less, as time goes on.

If MB is the perpetrator and the crime was premeditated then he would have known ahead of time how he would dispose of the 'evidence.' If not premeditated, he would have had to act on the spur of the moment. So, would he have disposed of the evidence in a river where it can wash ashore at an unknown time in the future? I'm not convinced. Would he have buried the evidence so deeply and successfully that mechanical diggers needed to be brought in to recover the evidence? Unless he's Superman, isn't it unlikely he could do that so that only a machine could uncover the evidence within the time frame, unless he also had a machine to help him.

An odd question to ask but I am interested in how you would dispose of 'evidence' if you a) premeditated a similar crime, or b) acted on the spur of the moment, using the same timeline/ circumstances as a guideline?

Perhaps he did drive far away, or at least to an area not yet searched, but what I have been wondering is, how and where do abattoirs dispose of their 'leftovers?'

Mechanical diggers could clear a greater area more quickly than manually.

It might not be an issue of depth.

Hmm - just read this interesting article which profiles child killers: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dr-raj-persaud/child-protection_b_1950749.html and it has a few points that have set me thinking. Rather than the body being buried or put into the river, could it be suspended, or put up high? Or have been burned?

Also, "They report studies which conclude in the majority of cases (72%), the radius from body recovery site to murder scene is less than 200 feet. The distribution was different when it came to journey from the initial contact setting to the murder site: 31% travelled 0-199 feet, whereas 43% trekked 1.5-12 miles.

In our clinical experience, these geographical patterns contribute enormously to the emotional distress for police involved in these cases. They always know time is fast running out, yet they may have extensive areas to search. But eventually, most frequently, the child is still discovered close to home."

I have been wondering since day one how extensively the area around where April was last seen has been searched. Does anyone know or have any thoughts?

What made you think they weren't? They have even been using dogs specially trained for water.
I assumed dogs were very good at following scents. I guess this means if April is dead, her body is not in the local region?

I assumed dogs were very good at following scents. I guess this means if April is dead, her body is not in the local region?

They are not 100% and there are many variables; weather is one. Skills of the handler are another. Also, there are dogs trained for various duties, some cadaver-only. Hope they are using those dogs.

Just saw the story in the Telegraph regarding mechanical diggers being brought in to help with the search (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...nto-Welsh-village-in-hunt-for-schoolgirl.html) and have to say that this case gets more baffling to me, not less, as time goes on.

If MB is the perpetrator and the crime was premeditated then he would have known ahead of time how he would dispose of the 'evidence.' If not premeditated, he would have had to act on the spur of the moment. So, would he have disposed of the evidence in a river where it can wash ashore at an unknown time in the future? I'm not convinced. Would he have buried the evidence so deeply and successfully that mechanical diggers needed to be brought in to recover the evidence? Unless he's Superman, isn't it unlikely he could do that so that only a machine could uncover the evidence within the time frame, unless he also had a machine to help him.

An odd question to ask but I am interested in how you would dispose of 'evidence' if you a) premeditated a similar crime, or b) acted on the spur of the moment, using the same timeline/ circumstances as a guideline?

Perhaps he did drive far away, or at least to an area not yet searched, but what I have been wondering is, how and where do abattoirs dispose of their 'leftovers?'

I agree with you Adorabella re the case becoming more baffling as time goes by.

I also cant help but think, as someone already said on an earlier thread, that this extensive searching is not solely because of wanting to give the family some closure but also because more evidence is required in order to be sure of obtaining a guilty verdict.

My belief is that this crime ( and it remains to be proven what crime that is ) was not premeditated and the shock of whatever happened with AJ may have resulted in the disposal of her body not being a well thought out plan.

Hence her body may have been put into the river, close to MBs property, with the attendant risk of it being found at a later date, whereas a drive to the estuary may have been safer, allowing the body to go straight out to sea.

I cant actually see MB spending time digging near to the town or his house to bury a body, when surely it would have taken him probably less time to drive somewhere and dispose of the body, via a mine shaft, with far less chance of early discovery.

Hmm - just read this interesting article which profiles child killers: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dr-raj-persaud/child-protection_b_1950749.html and it has a few points that have set me thinking. Rather than the body being buried or put into the river, could it be suspended, or put up high? Or have been burned?

Also, "They report studies which conclude in the majority of cases (72%), the radius from body recovery site to murder scene is less than 200 feet. The distribution was different when it came to journey from the initial contact setting to the murder site: 31% travelled 0-199 feet, whereas 43% trekked 1.5-12 miles.

In our clinical experience, these geographical patterns contribute enormously to the emotional distress for police involved in these cases. They always know time is fast running out, yet they may have extensive areas to search. But eventually, most frequently, the child is still discovered close to home."

I have been wondering since day one how extensively the area around where April was last seen has been searched. Does anyone know or have any thoughts?
If a vehicle was seen by garages, I would search the garages, but I'm sure the police would have done that. Given the time of abduction to the police being notified, I would have thought it impossible for a local person to safely dispose of a body. Mark Bridger knows all about rivers, he would know the body would eventually show up downstream at a later date. A cold and callous person would weight the body and drop it down a flooded mineshaft.

I am curious if anyone knows the percentage of people who are later found guilty of a crime, but do not confess during interrogation. (In the U.K. not the U.S.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange