Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #5 *M. Bridger guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from clothing, the way someone walks is a dead giveaway. Look up "Gait DNA".

Does he have a distinctive gait then? I was talking about the people who supposedly identified him from the video, not experts.

Here is a timeline of key events since five-year-old April Jones went missing.

Monday October 1

7pm - April is playing with friends in the mid-Wales town of Machynlleth when she goes missing. According to witnesses she is taken away in a van or a four-wheel drive vehicle and there are no apparent signs of a struggle.

10.30pm - Dyfed Powys Police issue a statement saying: "We are increasingly concerned for a missing five-year-old, April, who was last seen playing on her bike in Machynlleth at about 7.30pm. April was seen getting into a light-coloured van as it drove off." Hundreds of local volunteers join the search for the little girl, and publicity is raised on Twitter and Facebook.

Tuesday October 2

8.30am - Police reveal more information about the circumstances of April's disappearance. The force said: "Her abduction took place around 7pm in the Bryn-y-Gog estate in Machynlleth. It was witnessed by another young child when April was seen getting into a grey or light-coloured van, or van-sized vehicle.

"At the time of her disappearance, April was wearing a purple knee-length coat with grey fur around the hood, her school white polo top and black trousers."

Local support for the search effort continues, with binmen downing tools to help. A leisure centre is used as a co-ordination point.

12pm - Detective Superintendent Reg Bevan, from Dyfed Powys Police, tells reporters it appears April got into the vehicle willingly. Officers are tackling the "delicate and time-consuming" task of speaking to the children who were with April around the time she was kidnapped, he says.

He also raises the possibility that the vehicle could be left-hand drive, as it appeared that April had got into the driver's side.

Police say they want to make sure that search volunteers are used in a co-ordinated way.

4.30pm - Police announce that a 46-year-old man has been arrested in connection with April's abduction. Mr Bevan says he was detained at about 3.30pm while walking along the side of the road a couple of miles outside Machynlleth. He lives locally and has a vehicle similar to the one described by witnesses who saw April's abduction, Mr Bevan says. He also says the vehicle has been recovered. He says the police's priority is finding April alive.

12pm
"He also raises the possibility that the vehicle could be left-hand drive, as it appeared that April had got into the driver's side."

My recollection of when we first heard of the left hand drive possibility is different, and I'll explain why:

After hearing about C's daughter being 'kidnapped' via social media on Monday around 8.30pm I was glued to the Internet and local/national tv. I distinctly remember a television news report as I woke Tues am mentioning the possibility that the child went 'into the vehicle via the driver's side or else the vehicle was a left hand drive' - words to that effect. I remember clearly because my other half said "that's not likely". It could not have been later than my leaving for work.

Despite what I think I remember about the LE mentioning left hand drive at breakfast time (local uk) on Tues am, I cannot find a mention of this on the net. Am I mistaken? Anyone else remember?

I'm saying this because I think the young witness did give enough info on that Monday night when A went missing. I think she must have given a VERY clear description then of either:
MB or MB's vehicle or how A got into/was put into the vehicle (i.e. which side). (This along with the pensioner's account of who was driving erratically on the estate, and any other accounts by people we haven't heard about perhaps.)

Also, perhaps it IS true that the LE didn't have a clue (on Monday night) as to where MB was living, and this news report made him make a move - (driving out of Ceinws over the small bridge joining the main road). I think if the LE knew on Monday eve (about the left hand drive and/or mention of suspicion of MB), if they had known where he lived they would have gone there straight.

jmo.

Does he have a distinctive gait then?

Everyone has a different gait, some more distinctive than others. I've never seen him walk, so I couldn't tell how distinctive it is. I use it as a tool to recognise people from a distance. I can work out which neighbour/acquaintance/friend is walking towards me by their gait long before my eyes have sufficient resolution to make out their face, hair, etc. (I'm short sighted).

Except Machynlleth doesn't have a bus station. It has several bus stops, and a coach garage belonging to Lloyd's Coaches, and that's about it.
Aha thats why I gave a warning about the sun perhaps sloppy reporting but unless its fabricated someone must have said something about a bus and 10 am tuesday

:floorlaugh:

or
:furious:

folks: anything that is about his past criminal history cannot be posted or discussed due to the subjustice rules. We will have to keep this under our collective hats for now. Thanks so much.

Apologies, I thought maybe as it was already in the public arena it was ok. I am sorry

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ars-grow-for-the-sick-girl.html#ixzz29SQ5n5Pz

With regards to the Sun's reporting that MB was seen at 10am at the 'bus station':
Albeit Lloyds' Coach Depot now, it used to be known locally as the bus station when it was Crosville bus company (the most well known bus company of Mid Wales in its day) prior to Lloyds. You can see clearly a bus stop in front of the depot. MB's vehicle was seized from an industrial unit (repair shop) just beyond the railway bridge (and turn right) in the pic. One would catch the bus from this very bus stop in order to get back to Ceinws. This pic is facing towards the Dyfi by the way.

http://goo.gl/maps/2MgoJ

Here's an old pic of the Crosville Bus Station/Garage (before LLoyds):
Crosville JFM100 M004 010sm | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Does he have a distinctive gait then? I was talking about the people who supposedly identified him from the video, not experts.

if those locals searching knew him they might distinguish a gait from the video

but none of them have said they did know him, Or that the man on the bank was him, just one said similar clothes, even the one saying he had asked how the search was going didnt id him

Apologies, I thought maybe as it was already in the public arena it was ok. I am sorry
Its not your fault, the idiot mcintyre who thinks he is a hot investigative journalist, LOL, not, revealed it and was put in public domain
Its him that is guilty re sub judice thoigh i guesswe shouldnt repeat stuff

That goes to paddy too digging out MBs debt court judgements and suchlike as if being in debt makes one a murderer

Apart from clothing, the way someone walks is a dead giveaway. Look up "Gait DNA".

I tend to agree on this point. I think another possible identification technique would be to determine his height, for purposes of comparison.
In my opinion, it looked like the man in the video had fairly long legs, or was of a decent height.

For anyone working on timelines and spottings, the sun had reported that MB was sighted at machynlleth bus station at 10am tuesday. I know its the sun and least trustworthy of reporting, but just for info, and I had never read this before

Last night it emerged cops were probing a THIRD sighting of Bridger outside Machynlleth bus station at about 10am on Tuesday.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ars-grow-for-the-sick-girl.html#ixzz29SQ5n5Pz

Interesting if true.

From memory (will have to search links): his car was not seen on his drive before 8am. Could be for all kinds of reasons.

He was seen leaving Ceinws at around 9.15/9.20, crunching the gears. Perhaps on his way to the car repair shop in Machynlleth. Trip should take about 7 minutes, perhaps longer with a dodgy car. He could have arrived at the repair shop at around 9.30. Little chat with the mechanics about what might be the problem etc.

At bus stop at 10am? There is the following bus service:

Departure: Machynlleth Depot, Heol y Doll, Machynlleth 10:17
Arrival: Ceinws, A487, Corris 10:24

So he could have left his house at about 9.10 and back again at about 10.30.

I tend to agree on this point. I think another possible identification technique would be to determine his height, for purposes of comparison.
In my opinion, it looked like the man in the video had fairly long legs, or was of a decent height.

FBI and CIA are looking to use "Gait DNA" as a person ID tool.

And considering that MB was AWOL from around the time of the abduction and until the next afternoon when he was arrested, and that in normal circumstances a person so close to the family and with the skills he has including 'potholing' and generally pretty fit and had worked in the forest, wouldn't he have been right up there with the searchers?
Instead he's arrested while 'strolling' along the riverbank. Hello???
BTW, on FB, VF and ED (nee EG) and SW are all friends. MB is also on SW's friend's list. All public profiles.

Regarding FB on the 2nd October ppl said MB was searching with them on the Monday and that CJ had told MB that AJ was missing???

Or maybe because he's broke?
He is quite clearly broke, or he would not be a bankrupt.

Could MB have blocked the road at parents evening because he wanted his vehicle in a position to get out easily. His vehicle had mechanical problems.

Have you got a link?

I wasn't sure you could link it but I will look now and give you the persons name. Or link if allowed??
Also the garage owner has been praised for his search efforts and helping police since the start of the search so he must of knew where MBs car was???

I wasn't sure you could link it but I will look now and give you the persons name. Or link if allowed??
Also the garage owner has been praised for his search efforts and helping police since the start of the search so he must of knew where MBs car was???
A link if possible, please. <modsnip>Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member