Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #5 *M. Bridger guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm trying to redress the balance wrt this part of the world. This is how it should be thought of and remembered.

Someone brought evil to this beautiful valley, I think the generosity and kindness of the strangers (and some precious canines) who have come to help, together with locals, will help restore the peace and magic of this place. x

It is ironic that a tragedy has brought together so many good people, not just from across Britain, but across the world.

So his neighbours had nothing better to do on the morning in question than observe the presence or absence of his vehicle for a solid hour and fifteen minutes?

In what sense was his car "missing" from his home? My car is "missing" from my home most days and this means nothing whatsoever.

We have no way of knowing the accuracy of these reports, which could be based on answers given to 'loaded' questions.

Q. "Did you notice MB's car between 08:00 and 09:00?"
A. "No, but I looked out my window and saw it at 09:15"

The media then reports this to give the impression that the vehicle was "missing" for the duration.

This would be a fair point if we were talking about somewhere like a housing estate or a suburban street, but from what I can see using Streetview, his house in Ceinws wouldn't be overlooked by many. Most people leaving the village would pass it though, and I'd guess the statements have come from people driving past on their way to work, who noticed whether or not the car was parked there.

Some suggest that MB was busy disposing of AJ's body during this period. If so, where were his eagle-eyed neighbours when he loaded the body into his vehicle and drove away?

Again, there may be a witness we haven't been told about. I'm not saying it's likely, but we just don't know.

This would be a fair point if we were talking about somewhere like a housing estate or a suburban street, but from what I can see using Streetview, his house in Ceinws wouldn't be overlooked by many. Most people leaving the village would pass it though, and I'd guess the statements have come from people driving past on their way to work, who noticed whether or not the car was parked there.

Again, there may be a witness we haven't been told about. I'm not saying it's likely, but we just don't know.
Hand on heart, do you notice when a neighbours car is not there?

A couple of the photos when police were searching around the house show neighbours' houses close by. Closer than I would have expected. And the neighbours quoted in the story about how the house had been empty for a long time etc, I think were both elderly. So probably home all day and don't miss much.

I didn't say there weren't any.

Didn't say you did :-) I was just surprised that the houses were so close given that is isn't suburbia. And MB house sort of below the road so people driving past would see, as you said.
Actually, I read on another thread a neighbour reportedly said they thought MB wasn't home on the Monday night because there was no smoke from the chimney.

Generally speaking, yes I do.

You do in a village more so than in a town street, I think.
I notice my neighbours coming and going because they drive an old Jag. I have old windows in wooden frames and it makes the glass panes vibrate, but although I hear it, I don't know whether they are going, or coming and I never check the clock to see what time they are coming, or going.

Vivian Williams Jones, 68, a long-time resident, said the farmhouse, called Mount Pleasant, had been empty for several years before Mr Bridger took it.

He said he knew he had moved to the house about one month ago because the owner came down to rent it out.

“It used to belong to a sailor called Nelson who lived there for years with his mother.

“It was eventually sold to someone from London who bought it as a holiday home and never came down here.

“I saw him about a month ago and he said that it was just too far for him and he was giving it the once-over before renting it out.

“I can’t say I’d ever seen him [Mr Bridger], apart from moving about inside.
“Although it’s a very quiet village, there’s not much that happens that people don’t know about. It’s that kind of place.”

Neighbour must have a good view :-)

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/a...er-search-focus-91466-31967488/#ixzz29joXmEIh

O/T just read on news that Police have found burnt out car pretty sure belonging to missing Irish vet, Catherine Gowing. Near Mold, about 2 miles from her home.

I notice my neighbours coming and going because they drive an old Jag. I have old windows in wooden frames and it makes the glass panes vibrate, but although I hear it, I don't know whether they are going, or coming and I never check the clock to see what time they are coming, or going.

You're more likely to know if it's you who's going out though. People passing in the morning are likely on their way to work or an appointment of some sort, so they will tend to know what time they left home.

Unfortunately this statistic also includes those cases that fall within the legal parameters of parental abduction and attempted abductions as well.

Though a bit older, here's another link that breaks down the demographics of abductions, just for perspective sake. :)

http://tna.europarchive.org/20081023123012/homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs2/r225.pdf

“I can’t say I’d ever seen him [Mr Bridger], apart from moving about inside.
“Although it’s a very quiet village, there’s not much that happens that people don’t know about. It’s that kind of place.”
Neighbour must have a good view :-)

I thought that sounded odd when I read it! But then I thought, well, it's the time of year when you sometimes need to put the light on indoors in the afternoon. Your eye tends to be drawn to someone moving about in a lighted room.

Well I have spoken to this issue in the past, but perhaps the idea did not gain any support because people are convinced MB is the perp.
Consider the possibility that some mistake (yes it may seem unlikely) has resulted in MB being falsely accused.
As futile as it may seem, taking the time to evaluate other lines of thinking and possible scenarios may prove to be quite productive. The other alternative is to keep chasing our tails and deeply delving into such topics as, " Correlations, interpolations, speculations, and manipulations of second and third hand juvenile witness statements" as well as "The impracticality of attempting to determine relationship variables (such as closeness or frequency of interaction)based upon the size of the community and the distribution of the people on the landscape.

I have been thinking a bit more about the map I made and I still believe I see a pattern. I am hesitant to state what that pattern seems to be, because I would expect that pattern would be recognized by more than person if it had any merit.

If anyone is curious at taking a look at the map again, here is the google map link. I can't seem to directly embed the map on this page.
The map is interactive and has the details related to the numbered incidents on the left hand side of the page in the side bar. Alternately, these informational boxes will appear when you click on the icons themselves.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=205327856569494080612.0004cc025a35a815c6851&msa=0

I also have a spreadsheet, work in progress, of these incidents. It is nice to have something to easily compare the various abduction attempts. That page is simply a google doc, and here is the link for that document.

[URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Apo5hrhE4vewdFQ5LThxcTFibGMtdlhDT1NUcGNXNnc&single=true&gid=0&output=html"]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Apo5hrhE4vewdFQ5LThxcTFibGMtdlhDT1NUcGNXNnc&single=true&gid=0&output=html
[/URL]

I had an incident with my daughter only a few weeks ago, we took the dog for a walk and while I & eldest daughter walked around the large dog park my youngest daughter stayed near the entrance in the childrens play area, no other children where in there I kept looking over to check on her, all of a sudden she started shouting "mummy", I made my way across the park to her and noticed a young man stood watching her, he was wearing a hoody with sunglasses (it wasnt sunny) and was just acting very strange, as we started to walk away he began to follow, when we stopped he stopped and all the time he was watching us, at one point our dog ran over to him and my eldest daughter went to get her, she apologised for the dog jumping up and he said " thats no problem" she noticed he had a Birmingham accent, which is a couple hours drive from us, he continued to walk in the same direction and when we got the the car park he stopped in front of us and just stood staring, i was actually too terrified to walk past him with my youngest so we started to walk the other way and he disapeared towards the road.
I did call the police when we got home and they went looking for him, there was also another young man over the other side of the park wearing a hoodie, he also had no children or dog with him but I am not sure these two men were together...... I have never felt so afraid for my daughters safety and was convinced he was going to try to grab her had we walked closer to him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState