Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #6 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add, at the very least I would have expected LE to place the town and immediate surrounding area on 'lock down'. This could have been done relatively quickly and with a minimum of manpower simply by placing officers at strategic points on the A487, A493, A489 and B4404................

Given that LE issued a statement at 10:30pm confirming that AJ was taken away in a vehicle why did they not establish roadblocks until the morning of the next day?

Your first point: FOUR roads 'relatively quickly' - that would take at least 4 police personnel at the very minimum with 4 vehicles as well as several LE at Bryn Y Gog. I cannot express how few police we see here in Mid Wales in an evening other than Friday or Saturday. Even when I had a car crash during the day, the paramedics took me away in an ambulance and my car was taken away on a low loader before the police arrived. We are a very under-resourced area.

Your second point: do you have a link to where it says roadblocks were not in place until the next day ( other than when the A487 above and below Ceinws was blocked off as the LE were looking for MB).

Jmo.

Anyone that knows the area.... is Mach out of the way? or is it easy to get into/out of from main routes? Specifically out of if you went through the town like the OAP said.

(i failed Geography and don't drive) :(

There are no motorways and most of the roads in mid Wales are single carriagway (one lane in each direction) with numerous bends. The nearest major cities are all over 100 miles away. Birmingham would probably be the nearest, but it is more than a two-hour drive to get there.

I'm confused about the title of the article (published Oct 3rd, before the accused was charged): April Jones: hunt focuses on areas highlighted by arrested man

Was the journalist making assumptions or did LE reveal that the arrested man was giving them information regarding the location of AJ, because I see no evidence of it in the article, nor do I recall LE ever stating MB was cooperating.

?

Your second point: do you have a link to where it says roadblocks were not in place until the next day ( other than when the A487 above and below Ceinws was blocked off as the LE were looking for MB).

Jmo.

No, I don't. Should I have? I've been unable to find any articles published on the 1st October that state that roadblocks were established on the evening in question. There are plenty of references to roadblocks in articles published on the 2nd though. These sources state that police established roadblocks without stating exactly when the roadblocks were put in place.

If roadblocks were in place on the 1st and I've been lax in searching for a source then I'd be more than happy to retrace my steps on this issue and admit that I'm wrong. In the meantime, however, I'm not going to wrap myself in knots trying to provide proof that something that didn't happen (as far as I'm aware) didn't happen.

Agreed.

Do you believe AJ was taken there first?

Yes, but for very little time.
I think he was under the influence and enraged.
Anyone taking a child (initially willingly), would soon experience the child's panic. The child would cry and draw attention. How to silence the child? Then what to do to cover up? Drive away. Take the 'problem' somewhere else. Return home and get rid of anything that implicates. When all is hidden, and LE all around, walk towards the inevitable and say nothing.

Jmo.

Anyone taking a child (initially willingly), would soon experience the child's panic. The child would cry and draw attention. How to silence the child? Then what to do to cover up? Drive away. Take the 'problem' somewhere else. Return home and get rid of anything that implicates. When all is hidden, and LE all around, walk towards the inevitable and say nothing.

Jmo.
Child killers return to the scene of their crime, but they also take part in the searches for the abducted child. In a press report someone said that MB asked how the search was going. I hope that person noted if there was any concern in his voice, or whether it was just mentioned casually.

dear people do not talk about the past please,
we are trying to help finding April, than you

Anything that is not happening now is in the past as we haven't yet experienced the future. Therefore, IMO, the past is always going to be relevant.

That may be so but the force's Divisional HQ is in Aberystwyth, which is less than 18 miles away.

But that is only one of four divisions - the main HQ is in Carmarthen, 66 miles away. Aberystwyth would undoubtedly have supplied policing for Machynlleth, but the number of officers on the evening shift could not possibly have been large, given the small size of the force.

The Dyfed-Powys Police website lists one police constable assigned to Machynlleth, plus one Community Support Officer. The police station is not continually staffed.

I'm confused about the title of the article (published Oct 3rd, before the accused was charged): April Jones: hunt focuses on areas highlighted by arrested man

Was the journalist making assumptions or did LE reveal that the arrested man was giving them information regarding the location of AJ, because I see no evidence of it in the article, nor do I recall LE ever stating MB was cooperating.

?

I also read/heard somewhere else that at a police Press Conference held after MB was arrested Bevan was asked if MB has given the police any information that has helped with the search.
Bevan says he is not in a position to answer that, he does not want to threaten the chance of finding April in any way. There are some rural properties, some farmhouses, that are part of the 20 "scenes" he mentioned earlier.

Not at all clear whether 'he' in this context was Bevan or was it from MB. Anyone heard of the 20 "scenes" referred to. ???

PADDYWHACK said:
Her lack of concern [the 7 yr old witness] could mean she knew the man, or she didn't see what she said she saw, someone told her she saw it.

If she did show a lack of concern perhaps it was because AJ put her mind at ease by explaining she knew the person.
If the 7yr old lied about what she saw, or had been coerced by a second party to lie to LE about what she saw, LE would have determined that very quickly, and she would not be a witness in the case.

PADDYWHACK said:
She may well have seen April getting into a vehicle, but she wasn't there to see if she got out, or was then placed into another vehicle. Were there two people in said vehicle?

If there had been a second vehicle, the 70 yr old witness who was at his window would have reported seeing it.
Whether or not there was a 2nd person in the vehicle, I trust LE would have advised the public by now if they suspected or had evidence this was the case.

Anyone that knows the area.... is Mach out of the way? or is it easy to get into/out of from main routes? Specifically out of if you went through the town like the OAP said.

(i failed Geography and don't drive) :(

Although the roads are, as veggiefan says, single carriageway with lots of bends, they are the major ones in the area.

Machynlleth is very easy to get in an out of.

It lies on Wales' main north/south route (Holyhead-Cardiff) at the junction with two main routes coming from the east (Newtown/Welshpool and on to Birmigham). An entrance/exit from the Bryn-y-gog estate goes directly onto the latter.

?

My personal belief is that the LE implied that the new search areas were revealed by MB as locations to search without saying so in as many words. This way all the locals (my friends included), who were champing at the bit to search day and night, would go search the villages surrounding Mach as requested thinking that they would find her alive. At this time the LE would have found evidence at MB's house that was being fast tracked with forensics. The last thing the LE needed was hoards of people trampling all over evidence in the valley where Ceinws is situated. Best plan to get everyone go like sheep elsewhere to the surrounding villages would be to make them think it was a 'lead'.

Imo

I've been unable to find any articles published on the 1st October that state that roadblocks were established on the evening in question.

I wouldn't expect you to - virtually nothing was published on the night she disappeared. But next day ...

On Monday night police set up a roadblock around the town and were checking all the vehicles coming in and out of the area.

(Published on Tuesday 2nd)

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/10/02/april-jones-missing-man-arrest-machynlleth_n_1932634.html

There is an article - the link will be in one of the earlier threads we have on here - that says the godmother received the phone call from CJ at 6.50pm, to say that AJ was missing, taken away in a van.

Also, one of the very early MSM reports said that CJ only realised that AJ was missing when she went out to call her in for tea, didnt see her and then went to a neighbours home - presumably MHs home but I cant be sure on this one now without going back to find the article - and it was only at that point that MH said, allegedly, that AJ had got into a van.

Therefore, as far as I remember it, MH did not raise any kind of alarm re AJ going off in a van.

After receiving this news from MH, CJ then - presumably - went home, called the godmother at 6.50pm and then called the piolice.

So on this timeline I would estimate the police were notified close to 7pm

I think it's at the Police Conference on the 2nd day they (the police) said she disappeared "About 7 pm we are sure of this".
They also said that April was last seen by her parents "earlier that evening", but do not give a specific time

Jmo.

He certainly had a window of time before LE were on to him, but to risk being on the roads would be a consideration. I feel he would have felt more in control being in a familiar and safe spot ie. his cottage.
Plus I am having a hard time picturing him disposing of evidence in the dark, in a remote location, unless he really knew it well.

jigzy, do you have any idea where the clamming spot is, the one MB allegedly took the children to? Near or far to Mach? Would it afford a likely hiding spot?

Although the roads are, as veggiefan says, single carriageway with lots of bends, they are the major ones in the area.

Machynlleth is very easy to get in an out of.

It lies on Wales' main north/south route (Holyhead-Cardiff) at the junction with two main routes coming from the east (Newtown/Welshpool and on to Birmigham). An entrance/exit from the Bryn-y-gog estate goes directly onto the latter.

And although almost certainly not relevant in this case, it's on the main rail line from Birmingham to Aberystwyth. So it's by no means inaccessible.

If the 7yr old lied about what she saw, or had been coerced by a second party to lie to LE about what she saw, LE would have determined that very quickly, and she would not be a witness in the case.
Not entirely true. Children who are abused will lie. When questioned by authority figures they will lie out of fear.

And although almost certainly not relevant in this case, it's on the main rail line from Birmingham to Aberystwyth. So it's by no means inaccessible.
What If the body were placed on this railway line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6