Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #6 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but for very little time.
I think he was under the influence and enraged.
Anyone taking a child (initially willingly), would soon experience the child's panic. The child would cry and draw attention. How to silence the child? Then what to do to cover up? Drive away. Take the 'problem' somewhere else. Return home and get rid of anything that implicates. When all is hidden, and LE all around, walk towards the inevitable and say nothing.

Jmo.

That's about how I picture it too.

Child killers return to the scene of their crime, but they also take part in the searches for the abducted child.
Yes, so true, and he had the nerve to be dressed like he could have been part of the search, while brazenly and mockingly, in broad daylight, ridding himself of evidence.

In a press report someone said that MB asked how the search was going.
Unfathomable!

I also read/heard somewhere else that at a police Press Conference held after MB was arrested Bevan was asked if MB has given the police any information that has helped with the search.
Bevan says he is not in a position to answer that, he does not want to threaten the chance of finding April in any way. There are some rural properties, some farmhouses, that are part of the 20 "scenes" he mentioned earlier.

Not at all clear whether 'he' in this context was Bevan or was it from MB. Anyone heard of the 20 "scenes" referred to. ???

It sounds as though the "20 Scenes" might have been as a result of information received from the public. That said, MB must have given some sort of description of his movements to LE otherwise how could they have said that they were "overlaying" witness statements against his account of events.

In the latest news conference, detectives said they were focusing on more than 20 scenes from houses, river banks, outbuildings and open areas.
Det Supt Reg Bevan, who is leading the inquiry, said they had received more than 400 calls from member of public since his earlier appeal for information on the whereabouts of Mark Bridger between Monday evening and Tuesday afternoon.
"We are actively working through that information," he said.
He went on to say: "We are focusing on over 20 scenes. We have searched several of them in the Machynlleth area. These searches are continuing."
When asked about Mr Bridger, Det Supt Bevan said: "We have interviewed Mark Bridger. He has been interviewed twice.
"Clearly our focus is to find April. That's primarily what we have been discussing with him."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19821413

He certainly had a window of time before LE were on to him, but to risk being on the roads would be a consideration. I feel he would have felt more in control being in a familiar and safe spot ie. his cottage.
Plus I am having a hard time picturing him disposing of evidence in the dark, in a remote location, unless he really knew it well.

jigzy, do you have any idea where the clamming spot is, the one MB allegedly took the children to? Near or far to Mach? Would it afford a likely hiding spot?

Harbour in Aberdyfi, IMO. No way a good spot to head to with that kind of cargo. Head for the remote places.

That children don't lie, or that their lies are easily spotted.

In the case of a child who won't tell of abuse, the person questionning may well be able to tell the child is not being open, but they can't act to prosecute the adult unless the child is prepared to give evidence. I think with a 7yr old you could ask enough questions to make them look at least uncertain or sheepish if they had not been truthful, even if they refused to actually say so in so many words. And if this had happened I think they could not use her as a witness

Can someone double check for me, read it earlier, MB left Parents evening around 6pm..??? IMO I don't think there was an argument at parents evening but i think he'd be acting strangely, maybe even anxious to get away.... Remember, AJ was only out late as a treat.

Did the OAP (MSM) say it was MB's car driving up and down the road or was it a car.....?

Does anyone know if there are any moors around Machynlleth?
Could MB have hidden April there? :-(
Just thinking about the horrible story of the Moors murderers, some of their victims have still not been found, after almost 50 years :cry:

Can someone double check for me, read it earlier, MB left Parents evening around 6pm..??? IMO I don't think there was an argument at parents evening but i think he'd be acting strangely, maybe even anxious to get away.... Remember, AJ was only out late as a treat.

Did the OAP (MSM) say it was MB's car driving up and down the road or was it a car.....?

The OAP was reported to have said -
A car was cruising up and down the road, then it was parked by the garages where the children were playing.

Then the children weren't there anymore and the car sped off.

(would put in links if I knew how to !)

The OAP was reported to have said -
A car was cruising up and down the road, then it was parked by the garages where the children were playing.

Then the children weren't there anymore and the car sped off.

So the car followed the children to the area they were playing. They weren't playing and just came upon the car. That would rule out another person being involved.

It's quite easy: in another tab or window open the article you want to reference and simply copy the url in the address bar at the top and paste it into your reply here in the forum.

I just checked back on my FB. After the initial report that C & P's daughter was missing I remember posting this link (on fb) to raise awareness locally. I remember thinking that there was conflicting info about whether she went missing near a van or got into a van. Seems that another Godmother said there was a huge police search at that time and the ITVupdate says that LE stopping motorists. What time they started doing this is unknown.

Sara Howdle, who says she is the childs godmother said “Call Machynlleth police if you know anything, huge police search in progress.”

http://www.wrexham.com/news/missing-girl-machynlleth-12623.html

Update: 21:53 @ITVWales are now reporting on ITV.com “There are reports tonight that a five year old girl has gone missing in Machynlleth in mid Wales this evening. Local reports suggest Police are stopping motorists in the area in a bid to find the child who went missing at about half past seven this evening.”

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2012-10-01/reports-5-year-old-is-missing/

Local businessman Shem ap Geraint is one of the many people who've left their homes to join the search.

He told ITV Wales News:

Pretty much the whole town is out looking. Other local towns are joining in as well.
We are searching local woods. The local leisure centre is acting as a base.
Police are checking all vehicles leaving the town.
– SHEM AP GERAINT, LOCAL BUSINESSMAN
A Facebook page called 'Help find April' has been set up to raise awareness of the 5-year-old.

Eta: itv article came out 9.47pm and I posted Wrexham article 22.12 not sure when released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member