Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #6 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be unfair to infer anything from that interview, the lad was clearly in shock. He was as dazed as a rabbit caught in headlights. Another despicable piece of "journalism". :furious:

I don't think it's unfair to infer that the young man did not have an 'attitude' or in any way criticise his father. He didn't have to speak to the reporter, I did think it was carried on a bit long but he could have walked away and told her to shove it. I can read body language too and I thought he was uncomfortable but who wouldn't be, when he said a few times 'I don't know what else to say' - it was unsurprising when he was asked the same question several times. But nowhere was there any underlying bitterness or resentment about MB, it was just stating it how it is.
'He's nothing to do with us really, has never been in my life, only really met him for the first time this year, seen him at the pub a few times, don't know him but from what I've been told he's never done anything to anyone'

That is not a young man who has been poisoned by a bitter mother.

Detective superintendent Reg Bevan said they had been searching for the man since last night and knew that his vehicle matched the description of the one April was said to get into.

He said: "The man has come into the inquiry as a result of initial actions last night. He was on foot he was walking on the side of the road he was detained by our officers...we have recovered his vehicle."

Not that IS interesting and indicates that MB's name was mentioned very early on. Were they looking for him simply because they'd been told that he drove a LHD LRD and wanted to eliminate him from the enquiry? Or were they working on something more substantial than this?

How does this fit in with the general confusion about where MB was living? Did no one have any idea of his current address? Not even the general location, i.e. "I think he lives in Ceinws"? Had MB failed to register his LRD and driving licence to this address?

I know what you mean but it just sounds like standard operating procedure to me. The police couldn't possibly comment on a question like that without compromising the investigation and any subsequent legal proceedings.

Possibly, but if he has no form (so far) they could just say 'not known sex offender, but known to police' if it's for different offence/s.

he could have walked away and told her to shove it.

I have been in situations where afterwards I have regretted not doing just that. When you are vulnerable or just naive, you don't always realise that you have a choice.

each state is different here, theres no universal rule.

In victoria we have kindergarten then prep then year 1.

But prep in Victoria is the same as kindergarten in NSW, except that the time for turning 5 is different, 30 April in Vic and 31 July in NSW.

Just posted this on Catherine Gowing thread, and I think it's relevant to this one as well- Catherine has still not been found. The man charged with her murder was said to be the boyfriend of her flatmate, also an Irish vet.
Snipped by me to shorten.

Police investigating the disappearance of Irish vet Catherine Gowing have begun searching land near the workplace of the man charged with her murder.

The search for her body had been focused on a disused quarry near the small town of Mold, north Wales, where she worked.
<modsnip>

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...of-murder-suspect-16228085.html#ixzz2A7z8r7rS

A man accused of murdering missing vet Catherine Gowing has appeared at Caernarfon Crown Court by video link.

Speaking from Altcourse prison in Merseyside, Clive Sharp, 46, spoke only four times to confirm his identity and that he understood the proceedings.

Wearing a yellow and green prison suit, Mr Sharp, from Bethesda, Gwynedd, was watched during the 10-minute hearing by Ms Gowing's sister, Emma Maguire.

He was remanded in custody and the case was adjourned until 7 January, 2013.

There was no application for bail.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-20038881

Being "known to the police" simply means that he has a record or "prior form" of some sort. I was stopped by the police in my car last year and one of their first questions to me was whether a search of my details would indicate that I was "known to them", i.e. had a criminal record. Someone has already suggested that MB had a prior record for assault so this would suffice in terms of him being "known" to the police.

I agree. I'd be surprised if MB was a "known sex offender". We are not talking about someone who has just moved into the area, but a man who has lived there for 20+ years. It's a sparsely populated rural area where everyone knows everyone (perhaps not literally, but you get what I mean). If he'd been convicted of anything in that time, it would be well known. Granted, there is a small possibility of an offence before he came to Wales.

Yes, why is everyone giving this so much attention?

I think it's to try to get a better idea of what time the parents' evening ended. I'm inclined to believe Powys County Council, who said that AJ's parents were believed to have left the school by 3.30pm. To me, that would suggest the very brief type of meeting that might be held for a new pupil, whereas parents of older pupils would probably have been allocated 10-minute appointments over several hours and so (like MB) would probably have been there much later in the day.

I think there are just too many variables to be able to deduce the course of events involving the school. There was presumably another appointment regarding April's brother, and we don't know who took April swimming and brought her home - April's sister J may fit in somewhere.

Why do you think it's relevant? I can't see any likely connection.

The connection (besides Wales and a murder charge without a body) is that in both cases the accused seems to be an unlikely offender, and was known to the victim.

The connection (besides Wales and a murder charge without a body) is that in both cases the accused seems to be an unlikely offender, and was known to the victim.

I don't think that tells us much because we don't know what evidence there is against either man.

As to MB being a sex offender, I think that would be known in the local area if it were true. He's lived there for 20 years, he hasn't just moved there.

I don't think that tells us much because we don't know what evidence there is against either man.

As to MB being a sex offender, I think that would be known in the local area if it were true. He's lived there for 20 years, he hasn't just moved there.

What it tells us is that here is another crime where someone has been charged with the murder of a missing person, and the accused does not 'fit' the profile that many people seem to expect. Friends and colleagues describing them as good father, nice bloke etc.
And no obvious motive.

I think there are just too many variables to be able to deduce the course of events involving the school.

Agreed. All we have is the statement from the County Council that the Jones' were believed to have left by 3.30pm

There was presumably another appointment regarding April's brother.

Even that is by no means given. Many schools don't hold parents' evenings for the whole school - too many people for the headteacher to meet - and instead hold them for selected year groups. One or both of the parents may have gone back later, but the Council seemed to think that they were not on the premises at the same time as MB.

Apparently none of the locals who know everybody's business knew that the military career was a fantasy.
And according to various MSM reports, quoting locals, MB has anything from 3-9 children, + another in London from a 'prior marriage'.

What it tells us is that here is another crime where someone has been charged with the murder of a missing person, and the accused does not 'fit' the profile that many people seem to expect. Friends and colleagues describing them as good father, nice bloke etc.
And no obvious motive.

Yes, but that doesn't tell us anything. We don't know whether either, both or neither man are guilty yet.

People aren't expressing skepticism about MB's guilt because they think he seems like a nice bloke, or he doesn't fit some profile, but because its too early to show us the evidence. Until we've seen more than we have at the moment its just too early to tell.

Well unless it can be explained by the USA using different terms for crimes, they are missing at least one. What about the parents who take their kids cos they are not satisfied with custody arrangements, or the ones who take and kill them because they are angry at their ex?

Inge Jones, the article I quoted from was entitled: The Abduction of Children by Strangers in Canada: Nature and Scope.

The definition of stranger in the context of abduction refers to an abduction by anyone other than the subject's parent or guardian.

In other words, the abductor may be a stranger, an uncle, sister, cousin,
grandfather, neighbour or close friend etc.

Parental abduction is a whole other issue.

Yes, but that doesn't tell us anything. We don't know whether either, both or neither man are guilty yet.

People aren't expressing skepticism about MB's guilt because they think he seems like a nice bloke, or he doesn't fit some profile, but because its too early to show us the evidence. Until we've seen more than we have at the moment its just too early to tell.

You might not be, but plenty of others have expressed that view.

And in which universe do police have to 'show us the evidence'? The prosecutor has to show it to the defence, Judge and jury at trial.

Apparently none of the locals who know everybody's business knew that the military career was a fantasy.
And according to various MSM reports, quoting locals, MB has anything from 3-9 children, + another in London from a 'prior marriage'.

I'm sure some of the locals did know the military career was a fantasy, especially if any of the locals are ex army. I've met a fantasist who told everybody he was in the army, and the only genuine ex soldier I ever saw him with spotted him straight away. He was never able to explain how, just "if you've been in the army you know who has and who hasn't."

It may not have made the media that some people knew, but I bet it made the local rumour mill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste