Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #7 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Amber34 and GreenPalm :)

I agree, it's unlikely that MB has been arrested without good reason, though if someone else is involved as well, like an outsider, I wouldn't be surprised.

Well, the media are not likely before the trial to make a big feature of any interviews claiming that the guy's a villain. Quite apart from prejudicing a fair trial, they wouldn't want to risk another Joanna Yeates Landlord-type fiasco.
That cost several newspapers ££££££.

I see what you are saying, but there is a difference with Chris Jefferies because he was never charged with anything. I can understand not publishing damning testimonies for the reason you state, but all I'm saying is that what has been reported has not been derogatory. I have no idea what hasn't been reported.

Eh? If Bridger was released now it is very likely that he would be violently attacked and probably killed by members of the public.

As I said, I am only commenting on what's been reported. Other than the reported threat to his son, I have read nothing along the lines of what you say. I'm not doubting you at all.

I see what you are saying, but there is a difference with Chris Jefferies because he was never charged with anything. I can understand not publishing damning testimonies for the reason you state, but all I'm saying is that what has been reported has not been derogatory. I have no idea what hasn't been reported.

No, in this context I don't see any difference. Publishing derogatory and potentially libellous articles about a person before he has been found guilty in court is a no-no, regardless of whether that person has been charged or not.

Yes, that was 6th October and no doubt the family were in a state of shock. No doubt the LE would be very sensitive in what they let the family in on at that stage. Of course the family would be hopeful, but my point was that it is incredibly insensitive of so called 'friends' to say what the parents are thinking. Did the family really endorse this?

Jmo.

I feel pretty positive this would not of been quoted without the parents backing. They seem to be well aware (and endorse) this and social media. Again JMO

"Now Ceri says she shares the hope of parents Coral and Paul &#8211; who she has known for 12 years &#8211; and siblings <modsnip>H, nine, and J, 16, that April can be found alive and well."

www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2012/11/04/april-jones-latest-family-friend-relives-night-schoolgirl-disappeared-91466-32159145/#ixzz2BI7VWl00

To voice a famous quote 'a mother's love knows no bounds'. Even with information being given to the family as the investigation continues, I understand how you would cling to any glimmer of hope - so yes understand this.

The five stages of grief, Kübler-Ross.
Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance.

I am sure as in terminal illness (as model based on) many parents of victims will struggle to ever/if ever get out of stage four after many many years. So sad but true.

Some never reach past stage one - just saying

I feel pretty positive this would not of been quoted without the parents backing. They seem to be well aware (and endorse) this and social media. Again JMO

"Now Ceri says she shares the hope of parents Coral and Paul – who she has known for 12 years – and siblings <modsnip>H, nine, and J, 16, that April can be found alive and well."

www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2012/11/04/april-jones-latest-family-friend-relives-night-schoolgirl-disappeared-91466-32159145/#ixzz2BI7VWl00

To voice a famous quote 'a mother's love knows no bounds'. Even with information being given to the family as the investigation continues, I understand how you would cling to any glimmer of hope - so yes understand this.

Is it just me, or has this friend just emerged from the woodwork?
Definitely agree with the rest of your post. :-(

The five stages of grief, Kübler-Ross.
Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance.

I am sure as in terminal illness (as model based on) many parents of victims will struggle to ever/if ever get out of stage four after many many years. So sad but true.

Some never reach past stage one - just saying

````````````````````````````````

In the past I worked as a chaplain doing pastoral care in a hospice. It is amazing how many bereaved spouses are told by well meaning friends or family after a certain time that they 'should be over it' and to move on.
All I can say (and did at the time) is that most people move out of the first terrible stages where they can't see any possible life ahead of them without that person to a point where they can move on, but no matter how many years or decades pass, you don't 'get over it'. The pain might not be acute and overwhelming but it's always still there under the surface.

The only positive to offer is in the case of terminal illness where loved ones get to say the things that others wished they had said when there is a sudden death, and they are able to say goodbye.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4626070/April-Jones-suspect-on-suicide-watch.html

THE man accused of abducting and murdering five-year-old April Jones is on suicide watch in jail, The Sun can reveal.

Officers check on former lifeguard Mark Bridger, 46, every hour while he is being held on the healthcare wing of Strangeways Prison in Manchester.

He also enjoys perks like being allowed to use the jail&#8217;s gym whenever he wishes.

One source said: &#8220;They are obviously worried he&#8217;ll kill himself before his trial.

&#8220;He&#8217;s treated like royalty to make sure he&#8217;s happy.&#8221;

Tragic April, whose body has still not been found, was snatched from the quiet market town of Machynlleth, Mid Wales, on October 1.

She was last seen getting into a vehicle as she played with pals near home.

Bridger &#8212; uncle of April&#8217;s two half-sisters &#8212; was arrested the next day.

He sobbed when he appeared in court charged with kidnap, murder and disposing of her body with intent to pervert justice.

Bridger was remanded in custody until January 11.

April&#8217;s parents Coral and Paul said on Thursday they were &#8220;overwhelmed&#8221; by the help to find their &#8220;beautiful daughter&#8221;.

The Prison Service declined to comment.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...s-suspect-on-suicide-watch.html#ixzz2BKLV4At8

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4626070/April-Jones-suspect-on-suicide-watch.html

THE man accused of abducting and murdering five-year-old April Jones is on suicide watch in jail, The Sun can reveal.

Officers check on former lifeguard Mark Bridger, 46, every hour while he is being held on the healthcare wing of Strangeways Prison in Manchester.

He also enjoys perks like being allowed to use the jail’s gym whenever he wishes.

One source said: “They are obviously worried he’ll kill himself before his trial.

“He’s treated like royalty to make sure he’s happy.”

Tragic April, whose body has still not been found, was snatched from the quiet market town of Machynlleth, Mid Wales, on October 1.

She was last seen getting into a vehicle as she played with pals near home.

Bridger — uncle of April’s two half-sisters — was arrested the next day.

He sobbed when he appeared in court charged with kidnap, murder and disposing of her body with intent to pervert justice.

Bridger was remanded in custody until January 11.

April’s parents Coral and Paul said on Thursday they were “overwhelmed” by the help to find their “beautiful daughter”.

The Prison Service declined to comment.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...s-suspect-on-suicide-watch.html#ixzz2BKLV4At8

Give me strength. 'treated like royalty'. He best enjoy it while he can, whatever happens at trial I reckon it's all downhill from here.:twocents:

Give me strength. 'treated like royalty'. He best enjoy it while he can, whatever happens at trial I reckon it's all downhill from here.:twocents:

I think you'll find that what's happening is no more than standard practice, but of course the Sun loves to sensationalise everything. And the guy's on remand, he hasn't been convicted of anything yet.

THE man accused of abducting and murdering five-year-old April Jones ... enjoys perks like being allowed to use the jail&#8217;s gym whenever he wishes.

I see nothing wrong in that. Would The Sun rather see him deprived of exercise and end up costing the taxpayer for the illnesses that can easily result?

&#8220;He&#8217;s treated like royalty to make sure he&#8217;s happy.&#8221;

Being deprived of your liberty when not even convicted is hardly being "treated like royalty".

As Cherwell has said, it is typical of the popularist media which conveniently forgets that someone is innocent until proved guilty when they spy an opportunity for sensationalist reporting to increase their income.

I think you'll find that what's happening is no more than standard practice, but of course the Sun loves to sensationalise everything. And the guy's on remand, he hasn't been convicted of anything yet.

I realise it's standard practice but maybe that's what the public have a problem with. Not suggesting it should be a mattress on the floor and bread and water, but I'm sure the UK is no different to Australia where there are poor creatures living on the streets and in cardboard boxes and then we have prisoners protesting over their meat being too salty or something even more trivial.

My comment about it possibly being 'all downhill from here for MB regardless of trial outcome' wasn't in reference to his guilt or otherwise, I meant that whether he is tried and acquitted, or found guilty, his future won't be a bed of roses.
Until the conclusion of the trial, he is 'presumed innocent', that is not the same as innocent - similarly a verdict of 'not guilty' doesn't mean the person is innocent, it means that the prosecution failed in their evidence to convince a jury or judge 'beyond reasonable doubt'.
:twocents:

I realise it's standard practice but maybe that's what the public have a problem with. Not suggesting it should be a mattress on the floor and bread and water, but I'm sure the UK is no different to Australia where there are poor creatures living on the streets and in cardboard boxes and then we have prisoners protesting over their meat being too salty or something even more trivial.

I was mainly referring to what was described as "suicide watch". I seem to remember that was also reported when Vincent Tabak was on remand and it was explained as being standard.

I'm not sure that the public in general "have a problem" with remand prisoners using a gym. It's just a means of getting exercise in confined conditions, not a luxury spa break - although the tabloids do try to provoke thoughtless knee-jerk reactions from their readers.

My comment about it possibly being 'all downhill from here for MB regardless of trial outcome' wasn't in reference to his guilt or otherwise, I meant that whether he is tried and acquitted, or found guilty, his future won't be a bed of roses.
Until the conclusion of the trial, he is 'presumed innocent', that is not the same as innocent - similarly a verdict of 'not guilty' doesn't mean the person is innocent, it means that the prosecution failed in their evidence to convince a jury or judge 'beyond reasonable doubt'.

Yes, I know.

"Now Ceri says she shares the hope of parents Coral and Paul – who she has known for 12 years – and siblings <modsnip>H, nine, and J, 16, that April can be found alive and well."

Interestingly this Lady, the family friend was claiming on the familys facebook group last night that she was 'Mis-quoted' in this article.:what:

I was mainly referring to what was described as "suicide watch". I seem to remember that was also reported when Vincent Tabak was on remand and it was explained as being standard.

I'm not sure that the public in general "have a problem" with remand prisoners using a gym. It's just a means of getting exercise in confined conditions, not a luxury spa break - although the tabloids do try to provoke thoughtless knee-jerk reactions from their readers.

Yes, I know.
BBM

Yes, you're right, also Stuart Hazell and Ian Huntley were both watched. It is standard practice now for ALL prisoners in this category to be put on Suicide Watch, It seemed to become practice after the Doctor was found dead in his cell. Can't remember his name sorry.:blushing:

BBM
I agree with what you're saying but do find it a little uncomfortable when it's said 'not guilty' doesn't mean Innocent. There are a lot of people out there that when found 'not guilty' are totally Innocent and because of this attitude will always 'feel' wronged.

Not sure anything can be done about it, just find it sad. I know if it was me I'd 'almost' want an apology if I was innocent all along.

It's the old 'no smoke without fire' thing isn't it? Though there are cases where there is NO smoke but people still get charged and go through a court case to prove their innocence! The Law really is an '*advertiser censored*' sometimes! MOO :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member