Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #7 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People were out looking for him specifically at that point as the left hand drive thing was made public earlier in the day. CS lives on Bryn Y Gog estate - waaaaay too far for just walking with a friend, imo. I think she and friend were searching - as were ALL the people for MILES amd MILES. I can't express the extent of public participation in this from around 8pm Monday evening (1st Oct). On Tuesday when CS saw the man with a black bag, searches were being carried out all over the town and surrounding area. She was searching (and happened to be chatting to her friend when the man appeared on the shale) and not out for a walk.
jmo

Yes, I also thought this. And for a reason I can't really explain I can't help feeling that this wasn't in Ceinws at all but by the Dyfi Bridge, a mis-quote maybe. I guess again we won't know anything for sure until the court case.

Your Insight into all this is great Thank You, as you give us such good information about the feeling in the Community and Geographics etc.
Having spent time in Mach years ago, I can imagine how it has affected the community as a whole!

I also note that the Police have a difficult job, when considering how safe some witnesses are. It seems everyone involved were friends or knew both April's family and Bridger.

Driving near the coast here in Wales at sundown this evening, and a car was waiting to join the other carriageway opposite me - it looked grey at the sides as it had a fine coating of dust and the only light coming from the sky was such that it picked up the dust colour only. As it turned I could see that it was metallic dark blue. So this colour COULD POSSIBLY look grey just at sundown, but certainly not white, imo.

Drove down A487 after this just as it became dark. Road closed through Ceinws and down that side of the valley. Access for local residents and business only.
On the whole LE presence in Mach (that I saw) this evening consisted of 4 police vehicles - one a minibus of police, but search centre (sports centre) was quiet - but this was after it went dark. Not sure if searches are carried out at weekends now. River level v low.

Drove around Bryn Y Gog estate. Distance from A's house to garages is much shorter in real life than looks on streetview. Actually not far at all. Unsurprisingly, no children around at all. The streetlight is an older coloured orange one.

Thank you for another very helpful post. The 'white' could maybe have come for the side stripe on the car, bearing in mind it was a 7yr old's description and IF she was at the side of the vehicle, her eye-level would have been at that white/silver stripe. IMO

Why would the guy commit suicide if he is innocent of this crime? I would think he would be fighting tooth and nail to prove he had nothing to do with this.

Why would the guy commit suicide if he is innocent of this crime? I would think he would be fighting tooth and nail to prove he had nothing to do with this.

He hasn't committed suicide, and we have no indication that he's threatened to either. Putting a prisoner on suicide watch is common practice if they show any signs of depression or distress, guilty or innocent.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4626070/April-Jones-suspect-on-suicide-watch.html

THE man accused of abducting and murdering five-year-old April Jones is on suicide watch in jail, The Sun can reveal.

Officers check on former lifeguard Mark Bridger, 46, every hour while he is being held on the healthcare wing of Strangeways Prison in Manchester.

If they only check him every hour then he still has lots of time to commit suicide if he really wants to.

I am aware this has nothing to do with the case in hand and was waiting to post until this was confirmed.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/nov/04/catherine-gowing-missing-vet-remains

I realise there is no comparison between disposing of an adult body to a child's, yet it has taken less time to find evidence of what has happened to this poor woman, with far lesser manpower employed than in the search for April. I appreciate the terrain in different parts of Wales will make searching more difficult and I am sure jigzy can put me straight on this if I am wrong.

But in the light of this, is it only me that finds it strange that nothing at all (to our knowledge) has been found?

Fellow sleuthers, any thoughts about this?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ide-watch.html

THE man accused of abducting and murdering five-year-old April Jones is on suicide watch in jail, The Sun can reveal.

Officers check on former lifeguard Mark Bridger, 46, every hour while he is being held on the healthcare wing of Strangeways Prison in Manchester.He also enjoys perks like being allowed to use the jail’s gym whenever he wishes.

Job Description
Position: Registered General Nurse - RGN (Prison Service)
Salary: £32,000
Hours: Full time, 3 long days a week
Duration: Permanent

Our client is a male only prison and is one of the largest in the UK. The Healthcare Unit at the prison has a 20-bed in-patient facility, with a 24 hour nursing care service.

We are looking to recruit a full time, permanent Nurse to work within the prison. It is not essential that you have worked within a prison setting before, however, we are looking for candidates who have a genuine interest to work in this area and who have experience of working wihtin a fast paced, acute setting.
Purpose:
Reporting to the Healthcare Manager you will work within the Primary Care Team, to deliver a comprehensive range of needs based health care services to adult and young offenders residing within the prison. Services will achieve equivalence with health care services provided in primary care by the NHS
Qualifications / Experience:
·Current NMC registration
·At least 12 months post-registration experience
·Evidence of professional development
·Non-judgmental approach towards all individuals

http://www.pulsejobs.com/job/46824/...Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed

I am aware this has nothing to do with the case in hand and was waiting to post until this was confirmed.

I realise there is no comparison between disposing of an adult body to a child's, yet it has taken less time to find evidence of what has happened to this poor woman, with far lesser manpower employed than in the search for April. I appreciate the terrain in different parts of Wales will make searching more difficult and I am sure jigzy can put me straight on this if I am wrong.

But in the light of this, is it only me that finds it strange that nothing at all (to our knowledge) has been found?

Hasn't been a lot in MSM about Clive Sharpe, the man charged with Catherine Gowing's murder. Perhaps he HAS co-operated with police, and/or was able to assist them with the location of Catherine's remains, unlike MB, quoted in MSM as telling police he was 'unable to assist them' with location of April.

We don't know that "nothing at all has been found".

There are plenty of people telling each other that "it doesn't add up" and how this or that is strange or too pink! However, it doesn't seem strange to me that they haven't found April's body. For example, the river Dyfi was in flood at the time and it's not far to the sea. Not really comparable to a shallow pool in a field.

Fellow sleuthers, any thoughts about this?

Not really sure what you're referring to, or why you posted a job description, but if it's about MB being housed on the healthcare ward, I suspect that's not unusual for a remand prisoner in his situation. I imagine he might be at risk from other inmates, and the hospital wing is probably a safe place.

Hasn't been a lot in MSM about Clive Sharpe, the man charged with Catherine Gowing's murder. Perhaps he HAS co-operated with police, and/or was able to assist them with the location of Catherine's remains, unlike MB, quoted in MSM as telling police he was 'unable to assist them' with location of April.

There hasn't been much in the media because he was charged quite quickly, so no opportunity for the press to get stuck into him.

I had the impression it was information from the public that led to the discovery of Catherine's remains.

However, it doesn't seem strange to me that they haven't found April's body. For example, the river Dyfi was in flood at the time and it's not far to the sea. Not really comparable to a shallow pool in a field.

My thoughts exactly.

I would have expected her body to have turned up by now if it had been thrown into water. They've checked the mine shafts haven't they?

I would have expected her body to have turned up by now if it had been thrown into water. They've checked the mine shafts haven't they?

Not if she was washed out into the Irish Sea.

This is most likely completely unrelated, but the Gardai in Co. Donegal have just found a body washed up on the shore in Bundoran. They haven't yet released any info about male/female or even adult or child. I'm listening to it here on the local news, will post as soon as they give more info.

Gardai have just said that the body is that of a 64 year old woman who is local to the area.

Don't know if any one on here has been on the Dyfed Powys Facebook page recently. But a post was commented on yesterday and today by KG saying that MR is not April's Godmother and what she told the press was mostly Lies. According to KG this was reported to the Police at the time who allegedly told the Media not to Interview MR or take information seriously.

I understand we don't talk Facebook, but as it was on the Public Police Page I think it's ok? If not please delete.

This has caused confusion all over as MR did several interviews and gave a lot of information to the press.

Don't know if any one on here has been on the Dyfed Powys Facebook page recently. But a post was commented on yesterday and today by KG saying that MR is not April's Godmother and what she told the press was mostly Lies. According to KG this was reported to the Police at the time who allegedly told the Media not to Interview MR or take information seriously.

I understand we don't talk Facebook, but as it was on the Public Police Page I think it's ok? If not please delete.

This has caused confusion all over as MR did several interviews and gave a lot of information to the press.

I wonder what bits were lies?
I remember MR saying that Coral phoned her first when she realised April was missing, and that Paul and Coral had only recently married (which appears to be correct).

This is the Police Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/dafyddP

Dyfed Powys
Dyfed-Powys Police safeguard people living, working and visiting Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and Powys. For information on how we use social network sites ike Facebook visit http://dyfed-powys.police.uk/en/social-media

]
I wonder what bits were lies?
I remember
MR saying that Coral phoned her first when she realised April was missing,
and that Paul and Coral had only recently married (which appears to be correct).

This is the Police Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/dafyddP

Dyfed Powys
Dyfed-Powys Police safeguard people living, working and visiting Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and Powys. For information on how we use social network sites ike Facebook visit http://dyfed-powys.police.uk/en/social-media

Well according to KG that was a lie, she says she did not phone her first. Unfortunately for us she doesn't say what else was lies or fact. She is however VERY strong in her words and gives the Impression that MR has caused huge upset for the family. However, CJ remained FB friends with her until very recently so not sure what to think really.

When you go back over MR's interviews it's hard to see just what it is that she has said that they have found SO upsetting. Several friends have spoken out now and we are all aware how MSM mis-quote people, so can't take things as totally true.

KG's reasoning for commenting now is that she is fed up with reading criticism of the Family, they are lovely people who are totally devastated by what's gone on. Note also KG says ALL the family and friends have been told not to discuss the case on social media.

Tis all very sad. The sooner this case is heard, the better I think. Just so sad they still haven't found April so the family can get closure!:please:

]

Well according to KG that was a lie, she says she did not phone her first. Unfortunately for us she doesn't say what else was lies or fact. She is however VERY strong in her words and gives the Impression that MR has caused huge upset for the family. However, CJ remained FB friends with her until very recently so not sure what to think really.

When you go back over MR's interviews it's hard to see just what it is that she has said that they have found SO upsetting. Several friends have spoken out now and we are all aware how MSM mis-quote people, so can't take things as totally true.

KG's reasoning for commenting now is that she is fed up with reading criticism of the Family, they are lovely people who are totally devastated by what's gone on. Note also KG says ALL the family and friends have been told not to discuss the case on social media.

Tis all very sad. The sooner this case is heard, the better I think. Just so sad they still haven't found April so the family can get closure!:please:

I can't think of anything I've read about MR's behaviour or statements that should upset family, she has been out searching, sort of started the pink ribbon thing, was outside court when MB appeared and has only said positive and supportive things about the family.
Who knows?
Whether or not she is the godmother, nobody else to my knowledge has been a spokesperson for the family, apart from very briefly the older daughter of Coral (J).
Maybe someone got a bit fidgety about MR saying that CJ phoned her first, and people speculating about it.
An unusual case, family conspicuous by their absence, police releasing statements on their behalf, not sleuthing them, just saying. :twocents:
Just had a thought, instead of asking the general question (not to anyone in particular), 'which parts were lies', many would be interested to know 'what is the truth'.
JMO

]When you go back over MR's interviews it's hard to see just what it is that she has said that they have found SO upsetting.

I agree. I'm guessing this is all Facebook crap. That police site has been overrun by FB morons.

I agree. I'm guessing this is all Facebook crap. That police site has been overrun by FB morons.

The understatement of the year :) Don't think they'll win prizes for literary excellence any time soon.

And not to mention that some of us can only read half of the site because a lot of posts are in Welsh. Actually someone was whingeing on there that the Police should have had a Welsh translator at the press conferences about April.

Another candidate for Mastermind, special subject - how to be an oxygen thief.

A sales adviser who made a series of depraved sexual comments about five-year-old April Jones on Facebook has been given a suspended prison sentence.

Magistrates in Worcester chose not to jail Sam Busby despite being told that another Facebook user was sentenced to three months in prison for an "almost identical" offence last month.

Busby, 18, was arrested after posting offensive remarks on the site on the day a man was charged with April's murder, five days after her disappearance in Machynlleth, mid-Wales.

The prosecutor Kerry Lovegrove told the court that Busby's initial post on Facebook was a "joke" about the missing girl obtained from another website. Other Facebook users urged Busby to stop writing inappropriate comments, and when he went on to make sickening claims about April, a woman contacted West Mercia police.

Busby, of Worcester, admitted he was responsible for the comments and told officers he thought they could only be seen by his friends on Facebook.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/nov/07/facebook-user-avoids-jail-april-jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member