GUILTY UK - Arthur Labinjo Hughes, 6, killed, dad & friend arrested, June 2020 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just came across this info - it's heartbreaking, sweet Arthur was actually calling on a beloved family pet to hear him and his dad thought it was funny.

Tustin messaged Hughes saying Arthur was calling out for someone.

Hughes replied: "He wants to stay with anyone that ain't me. Polite ain't it."

Later Tustin texted Hughes to tell him Arthur was calling for his uncle Blake and a dog, called Harvey.

Hughes replied: "Wonder who will be next?"

Tustin: "Probably Jesus."

11:35TONY LARNER
Start of hearing moments away
The court is assembling now.

The viewing court next door is packed with media. Police officers along with Hughes' family and Arthur's maternal grandmother Madeleine Halcrow, have taken their seats in the same room.

The start of the hearing is imminent

what I have found about police going to the house that day - this was the footage we have seen

PC Williams confirms she was called to Tustin's home in Cranmore Road, Shirley, on June 16, 2020.

She also confirms she arrived at 3.05pm and switched on her body worn camera which is now being played to the court.

--

Mr Hankin plays body worn camera footage from Pc Louise Williams who attended Tustin's home in Cranmore Road after it was reported Arthur had collapsed on June 16, last year.

It shows the officer walking up the driveway and then approaching Thomas Hughes.

Hughes is heard saying:

We've experienced a few problems with behaviour. He's been like lashing out, spitting his food out, went on hunger strike. Me and my partner turned around and said, he just wants to drink water all the time, we said unless you eat you're not going to get a full drink.

Been hitting people, been going on six months. We thought it was a stage."

Hughes is then heard saying:

I have gone to the shops, it's my partner's birthday tomorrow, I went to get a cake. She phoned me and said he's banged his head off the concrete floor. Give him water, give him blackcurrant, give him everything, called ambulance. I come straight home."

Hughes tells PC Williams that Arthur's biological mother Olivia Labinjo-Halcrow is in prison.

He says that Tustin told him Arthur had 'knocked himself out'.

Tustin then appears herself on PC Williams' body worn camera. She speaks very quickly and tells the officer Arthur was instructed to 'sit on the thinking step' before he 'threw himself all over the floor, threw himself on the radiator, hit me in the process of trying to get him back on the step'.

Tustin says Arthur 'headbutted the floor on all fours' adding he 'banged his head three or four times'.

She explains that she tried to 'bear hug' and 'put my arms around' Arthur but he 'dropped' and then kicked her as she tried to pick him up.

Staying with the body worn camera footage, Tustin tells the officer 'nobody wants to help us, the school won't help us'.

She adds: "He ain't been eating. Had to mash up his food like he's a baby."

Tustin says Arthur had been 'lashing out'. She tells PC Williams he has 'smashed this house to pieces, battered his dad, hit me."

Tustin then says: "Done my best for that kid he *advertiser censored***** hates me. I couldn't get him off the floor."

The officer asks Tustin how the events unfolded that day.

She explains Hughes was at the shop and says: "First 20 minutes he's (Arthur) literally screaming, he's been having really bad tantrums. We've learned to just leave him now. He was just screaming at me. I told him to sit on the thinking step. If he's a good boy he won't have to sit there."

Tustin claims Arthur responded by saying: "I don't care. I'll wait for my dad. Going to throw myself on the floor."

Tustin says she threatened Arthur that he would be taken to the hospital and 'they will put a needle in you', explaining it was a tactic to 'scare him'.

The footage concludes.

Dad and stepmum guilty of brutally killing Arthur Labinjo-Hughes

Just came across this info - it's heartbreaking, sweet Arthur was actually calling on a beloved family pet to hear him and his dad thought it was funny.

Tustin messaged Hughes saying Arthur was calling out for someone.

Hughes replied: "He wants to stay with anyone that ain't me. Polite ain't it."

Later Tustin texted Hughes to tell him Arthur was calling for his uncle Blake and a dog, called Harvey.

Hughes replied: "Wonder who will be next?"

Tustin: "Probably Jesus."

Sick to my stomach reading that. Monsters the pair of them. The innocence of Arthur calling out to his pet. A normal Dad and that would pull at your heart strings. He deserves to get as much time as her

what I have found about police going to the house that day - this was the footage we have seen

PC Williams confirms she was called to Tustin's home in Cranmore Road, Shirley, on June 16, 2020.

She also confirms she arrived at 3.05pm and switched on her body worn camera which is now being played to the court.

--

Mr Hankin plays body worn camera footage from Pc Louise Williams who attended Tustin's home in Cranmore Road after it was reported Arthur had collapsed on June 16, last year.

It shows the officer walking up the driveway and then approaching Thomas Hughes.

Hughes is heard saying:

We've experienced a few problems with behaviour. He's been like lashing out, spitting his food out, went on hunger strike. Me and my partner turned around and said, he just wants to drink water all the time, we said unless you eat you're not going to get a full drink.

Been hitting people, been going on six months. We thought it was a stage."

Hughes is then heard saying:

I have gone to the shops, it's my partner's birthday tomorrow, I went to get a cake. She phoned me and said he's banged his head off the concrete floor. Give him water, give him blackcurrant, give him everything, called ambulance. I come straight home."

Hughes tells PC Williams that Arthur's biological mother Olivia Labinjo-Halcrow is in prison.

He says that Tustin told him Arthur had 'knocked himself out'.

Tustin then appears herself on PC Williams' body worn camera. She speaks very quickly and tells the officer Arthur was instructed to 'sit on the thinking step' before he 'threw himself all over the floor, threw himself on the radiator, hit me in the process of trying to get him back on the step'.

Tustin says Arthur 'headbutted the floor on all fours' adding he 'banged his head three or four times'.

She explains that she tried to 'bear hug' and 'put my arms around' Arthur but he 'dropped' and then kicked her as she tried to pick him up.

Staying with the body worn camera footage, Tustin tells the officer 'nobody wants to help us, the school won't help us'.

She adds: "He ain't been eating. Had to mash up his food like he's a baby."

Tustin says Arthur had been 'lashing out'. She tells PC Williams he has 'smashed this house to pieces, battered his dad, hit me."

Tustin then says: "Done my best for that kid he *advertiser censored***** hates me. I couldn't get him off the floor."

The officer asks Tustin how the events unfolded that day.

She explains Hughes was at the shop and says: "First 20 minutes he's (Arthur) literally screaming, he's been having really bad tantrums. We've learned to just leave him now. He was just screaming at me. I told him to sit on the thinking step. If he's a good boy he won't have to sit there."

Tustin claims Arthur responded by saying: "I don't care. I'll wait for my dad. Going to throw myself on the floor."

Tustin says she threatened Arthur that he would be taken to the hospital and 'they will put a needle in you', explaining it was a tactic to 'scare him'.

The footage concludes.

Dad and stepmum guilty of brutally killing Arthur Labinjo-Hughes
Looking at this, paramedics could have requested police attend. There’s 15mins between the paramedic arrival and the arrival of the police.

Prosecutor Jonas Hankin addresses the court
We can see that some of the jury members are in attendance for the verdict.

Judge Mark Wall enters.

The hearing is underway. Prosecutor Jonas Hankin addresses the court.

* I’m guessing typo on verdict to mean sentacing

Judge Wall requests Mr Hankin's opinion on whether Tustin had intent to kill
Mr Hankin says the prosecution has submitted a sentencing note with arguments on the various offences committed by each defendant.

He asks Judge Wall if he is required to elaborate on anything.

Judge Wall requests Mr Hankin's opinion on whether Tustin had an intent to kill or intent to cause grievous bodily harm. He states there was no evidence of pre-meditation in the sense of a determined decision to kill in advance.

Mr Hankin agrees.

Darshna Soni
@darshnasoni

·
2m

“Arthur was failed by the very institutions that we as a society rely on to keep our children safe. We as a family are emphatic Arthur would be alive today if (my son) Tom had not met Emma Tustin.” Ms Hughes has now finished reading her victim impact statement.

earlier tweets from same journo -

We are back at Coventry Crown Court for the case of Arthur Labinjo-Hughes. His father Thomas Hughes will be sentenced for manslaughter, his father’s girlfriend Emma Tustin for murder.

“Without him I am not living, I am only existing.” We are hearing Arthur’s maternal grandma Madeleine Halcrow read out a victim impact statement. She is in tears and has had to take a pause. Ms Halcrow is reading a statement written by her daughter, Arthur’s biological Mum.

“My son will never see another Christmas, another birthday. I often dream about him and when I wake, for a split second I forget he’s gone.” Arthur’s grandma reading a statement by her daughter. Absolutely heartbreaking and painful to listen to.

“Arthur’s death has taken the colour from our life and turned it grey.” We are now hearing from Arthur’s paternal grandma Joanne Hughes - she called social services after spotting a bruise on Arthur’s shoulder, weeks before he died.

Helena Wilkinson@BBCHelena5m
At Coventry Crown Court where Thomas Hughes and Emma Tustin will be sentenced for killing six-year-old Arthur Labinjo-Hughes. Tustin was convicted of murder, Hughes guilty of manslaughter. Tustin is not in the courtroom. She is in the building, but has refused to come up.

This makes me so angry, when a murderer is allowed to decide whether or not she will attend - it should be mandatory

Helena Wilkinson

@BBCHelena

·
5m

At Coventry Crown Court where Thomas Hughes and Emma Tustin will be sentenced for killing six-year-old Arthur Labinjo-Hughes. Tustin was convicted of murder, Hughes guilty of manslaughter. Tustin is not in the courtroom. She is in the building, but has refused to come up.

Her final insult to Arthur, she doesn’t even have the decency to be present for her own sentencing. She is despicable to her very core.

Tustin 'had an intent to kill'
Judge Wall says he is troubled by whether Tustin had an intent to kill at the moment she inflicted the fatal injuries.

He lists a number of factors including the level of force required to cause Arthur's injuries, the comment she made the previous day that it would be 'the last time he will bite me', the significant amount of salt Arthur consumed in an hour or two before his death and the fact that Tustin sought to 'cover up' what had happened after rather than help Arthur.

Judge Wall says taking those together he is entitled to find she had an intent to kill.

Tustin refuses to come into the dock
Judge Wall tells the court Tustin is present here at Coventry Crown Court but has decided not to come up into the dock.

Her barrister, Mary Prior, confirms she has spoken to Tustin and informed her the hearing will continue in her absence.

The proceedings move on to victim personal statements

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back