GUILTY UK - Arthur Labinjo Hughes, 6, killed, dad & friend arrested, June 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for describing it - I didnt listen to it.
Excitement??? I feel creeps!

I noticed DM blurred the tattoo on her arm - hmmm...
Must be sth offensive.

I wouldn't have described it as excitement myself, she just speaks very, very quickly. I get the impression that she's a very irritable and impatient woman.

#arthurslaw

bystanders who view mistreatment of a child and fail to help should be prosecuted
Yes, I cannot believe the hairdressers husband who sneaked him a glass of water and hid it, could think that it was none of his business how they were treating him. I bet if they saw people cruelly treating a dog, they would report them.

I would love to ask the hairdresser couple if they would’ve reported Arthur was ill treated. Shame they didn’t do it that Monday but I wonder had the events of Tuesday not happened if they would’ve felt uneasy abt what they saw and reported it in the near future. I doubt they would’ve been ok with what they saw but perhaps intended on doing something abt it

I would just love to ask them

I would love to ask the hairdresser couple if they would’ve reported Arthur was ill treated. Shame they didn’t do it that Monday but I wonder had the events of Tuesday not happened if they would’ve felt uneasy abt what they saw and reported it in the near future. I doubt they would’ve been ok with what they saw but perhaps intended on doing something abt it

I would just love to ask them
They had their chance to report that and did not. I hope that in the future people who see that and turn their heads, will be held accountable.

The ex from the first kids has come out in the papers now, basically saying what we know. She's crazy, no maternal instinct, she would lie to ss about him, she would self harm pretended he did it. She jumped out of the window more than once, when he wanted to end relationship. Lots of stuff

And the SS thought she was safe with Arthur?

They should keep both of them in solitary confinement so they do not get harmed by other inmates and are able to sue the prison service. She should not be given the opportunity to harm herself either, she should serve every second of her long sentence and I hope she has a miserable time. The same goes for him too.

I’m struggling to understand why he has only been convicted of manslaughter.

According to a UK Solicitor’s website: “Manslaughter is when a person unlawfully kills another human, but he/she did not intend to kill OR cannot be held responsible for his/her actions.” If he sent a text telling her to “just end him” and was a willing participant in torturing Arthur on an ongoing basis making no attempt to protect him then he is just as complicit in Arthur’s murder as she is.

I don’t understand why the sentences in the UK are so weak for horrific crimes like torturing and murdering an innocent and defenceless child. I’m sure there would be widespread public support for whole life prison terms if you torture and/or murder a child with no exceptions.

Just watched the bodycam video again, looking at TH in the background, he doesnt look worried about Arthur, he doesnt even look in towards the house to check. Its actually so weird he wasnt in the house right beside Arthur, or would he have been told to step outside?
To me he looks like a man who is thinking **** how are we going to explain all the bruises on Arthurs body now and his weight loss to the hospital.
I can see how full on ET is after watching this clip, she was nearly convincing me Arthur knocked himself out they way she was going on, even though i know full well it was her. Nasty nasty piece of work.
I’m not trained in psychoanalysis. But heard about a theory from Lacan about the three worlds our minds inhabit, the Symbolic, the Imaginary, and the Real. In that video outside the we see TH has just left the Imaginary and entered the Real. There is no symbolic language for him to represent what he’s thinking. He is mute. Game over. Meanwhile ET is fully in the Imaginary world and blathering on with lies.

While Arthur hit actual concrete, TH has just hit a metaphorical brick wall. I hope he hits many more.

Last edited:
It looks like she pointed it happened in the video by the door hallway?

So it looks like he was trying to escape out of the door, and she stopped him. She admitted he was trying to get out the door to the cellmate.

Brave of Arthur who tried to escape as weak and frail as he would have been, he tried to get away. Knowing that if caught she would have hurt him more

So it looks like he was trying to escape out of the door, and she stopped him. She admitted he was trying to get out the door to the cellmate.

Brave of Arthur who tried to escape as weak and frail as he would have been, he tried to get away. Knowing that if caught she would have hurt him more
It’s phenomenal. Every movement he knew would hurt and he did it anyway. He is a saint. I hope his heroism and raw courage is formally recognised in some way. Announced in Parliament, combined with an official apology and acknowledgement that the State failed him. And award him a proper war medal or something, because a war is what he fought in.

Last edited:

The hallway is only small. You can just see the stairs in the body cam, the living room door was only a short distance from the stairs.

So I’ve looked a bit more into the body cam. The time stamp has to be wrong, Tustin didn’t fatally attack Arthur until around 2.30pm. At the end of the body cam you can see what I believe is a paramedic (in the doorway), so I think it’s at this point that they are taking Arthur to the ambulance to take him to Birmingham Childrens Hospital were he arrived at 3.47pm it’s about 25/30mins ish drive away from Cranmore Road.

Last edited:
TH must regret having met her, not listening to his family, and the red flags. He apparently said his life was a crock of sh** to a friend.

He ruined his life for that?!!!

I’ve seen the way his brother talks on social media, they seem like eloquent well brought up individuals.

She already had a sh** life from childhood.

I just can’t get around why TH would throw his life away with his son, you’d think his son would be his everything considering he’s grown up with just brothers, no sisters and they seem relatively close, for her?!!!

Her mugshot, to me, says petulance and defiance beyond the coldhearted stare. She is angry that her story has not been believed and knows she has a battle ahead. His mugshot appears vacuous - switched off.
In the bodycam video - he is showing some signs of stress and disbelief at the situation, but his stance comes across as protective of her, whilst not engaging in eye contact, vocal or physical support. She has confidence though, from his protective stance, and falters when he moves away - although I think this might be because he has moved away to talk to someone and she doesn’t want to miss what is being said (wants control) Her tears and frustrations later in the video are because she is starting to see that she is going to be challenged so there is an element of panic as she is increasing her accusations against Arthur.
Am I right thinking this video would have been after the hospital and just before they were arrested?
MOO

Just watching the bodycam again, ET looks to me like a drug user, those skinny arms. I find it strange that Oliva was in college and once she met TH she left and got mixed up with drugs. Wonder was TH on drugs too. He said in court he didnt know anything about Olivias drug taking, which doesnt make sense. Something doesnt add up.

Just watching the bodycam again, ET looks to me like a drug user, those skinny arms. I find it strange that Oliva was in college and once she met TH she left and got mixed up with drugs. Wonder was TH on drugs too. He said in court he didnt know anything about Olivias drug taking, which doesnt make sense. Something doesnt add up.

They should keep both of them in solitary confinement so they do not get harmed by other inmates and are able to sue the prison service. She should not be given the opportunity to harm herself either, she should serve every second of her long sentence and I hope she has a miserable time. The same goes for him too.

I’m struggling to understand why he has only been convicted of manslaughter.

According to a UK Solicitor’s website: “Manslaughter is when a person unlawfully kills another human, but he/she did not intend to kill OR cannot be held responsible for his/her actions.” If he sent a text telling her to “just end him” and was a willing participant in torturing Arthur on an ongoing basis making no attempt to protect him then he is just as complicit in Arthur’s murder as she is.

I don’t understand why the sentences in the UK are so weak for horrific crimes like torturing and murdering an innocent and defenceless child. I’m sure there would be widespread public support for whole life prison terms if you torture and/or murder a child with no exceptions.
Yes, I had, wrongly, assumed that as secondary party he could only be guilty of encouraging the crime that was actually committed, the intent to commit that crime. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me that he encouraged her to do such harm to Arthur that she would unintentionally cause his death, when his messages explicitly stated terms that had to do with his ending. Could he foresee that physical assaults would end him? I don't have the same qualms the jury had, he said in court Arthur was too fragile and weak for a day at school.

I wonder if there has been a similar case before of principal and secondary liability with different verdicts. I think it throws up interesting questions.

My logic tells me that these verdicts are anomalous and need to be tested in the court of appeal. How can a person encourage someone to cause an act of non-intention? Manslaughter has the death element but without the criminal intent (in my mind). Assault has to be criminal. I wonder if the route to verdict form misdirected the jury? I understand that two people can form different intent but as secondary party goes surely he is tied into the intent that was formed. They certainly instructed the jury that they could not find he encouraged murder but she was guilty of manslaughter. The appeal possibilities that are floating around in my layperson's brain -

crown - he should be guilty of the crime she was found guilty of. (increase his conviction to murder because jury were (possibly) misdirected)
her - she should be guilty of the crime he was found guilty of. (reduce her conviction to manslaughter)
him - he should be not guilty if the jury didn't find his encouragement matched the intent she formed by it. (overturn his conviction)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheTodd
Back