Found Deceased UK - Baljeev Johal, 24, Ryton On Dunsmore, 5 Oct 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hardly slept last night. I'm beside myself. To me baljeev is nino, someone I met about 4 years ago on a forum, we got along as we both support Liverpool. He's like a little brother and a good mate wrapped in one, someone I have talked to virtually every day for the last 4 years, despite never meeting in real life.

Hi Skibs, sorry to hear about your mate, can't believe you are here discussing someone you know.... just out of interest (because I'm nosey / curious / a wannabe detective lol!) how did you hear he was missing? Has there been no online presence from him and is that unusual? x

He often goes offline a day or two here or there. It did not raise alarm bells until we began to see the police postings and now the fb page :(

Hi Skibs, sorry to hear about your mate, can't believe you are here discussing someone you know.... just out of interest (because I'm nosey / curious / a wannabe detective lol!) how did you hear he was missing? Has there been no online presence from him and is that unusual? x

Thank you! I was contacted by a family member, (via how we talk, he was still signed in) I actually thought it was him joking with us at first, because he jokes with us a lot. Like SCHMAE, it didn't ring any alarm bells when we hadn't heard from him for a day or 2, that sometimes happened. Especially at a weekend, looking back I did think when the football was on, on saturday, it was odd he wasn't about, we usually would talk when the match was on, but not always. But now I know he was at the wedding at that time.

He left the wedding and was seen at a petrol station just under an hour later, his phone battery died I was told and he has no money. There has been a sighting of him at 1.30pm sunday, sitting on the side of the road (per the fb page) He seems to be heading south from the location of the wedding. I'm trying to put a map together but today of all days technology is letting my down. My phone won't even turn on thanks to iO8!

No money could mean two things. He may have enough on him to eat a burger for a day or two... like 10 or 20 bucks. He may just not have enough to say catch a flight, bus, taxi, hotel. SO I wonder if he actually he had zero money at all.

He may not have needed much money at a family wedding, however, most men always have their wallet with them. Do you know if his bank records have been checked for any withdrawals or debit card transactions?

He may not have needed much money at a family wedding, however, most men always have their wallet with them. Do you know if his bank records have been checked for any withdrawals or debit card transactions?

I do not know that no, but it sounds like the family are assisting police and doing everything they can so I assume they would be on to that.

What is the patient confidentiality like in UK? Could someone admit themselves into a hospital for help and be private if they didnt' want their family to know? If so, wouldnt the hospital HAVE to tell LE so they would not continue searching? Could you go into a hospital as a John Doe with no ID on you and get treatment? And then no one would know ? If so, and LE called, would hospital have to say ' well we do have a john doe who fits your description of your missing person'?

I was just wondering if something happened at the wedding that made him want to leave. I don't know how traditional his family is but maybe he was feeling pressure from guests asking when he was going to get married etc or maybe he was feeling a bit down that he wasn't in a relationship (don't know if he is or isn't) and this made him just want to get away for a bit. Saying that if something did happen then 12.30am is a strange time to just leave as the wedding would have just about finished- in my experience of weddings they usually finish up at about 12 am. Was he making his own way home? Was he meant to be staying with relatives?

Skibaboo and SCHMAE doe you guys know if he drinks alcohol?

He does drink, yes.

ETA Let me rephrase, he is not a drinker. He drinks occasionally to rarely. But something like a wedding or a party, I would assume he would be drinking.

If he's trying to get back to Nottingham then he's heading in the wrong direction judging by the reports... Water in that area too. 12 hours between sightings that are only a few miles apart. It's been cold and wet in the Midlands the last couple of days, so hopefully he was sheltering. There must be something that made him leave, some reason he's heading south.

What is the patient confidentiality like in UK? Could someone admit themselves into a hospital for help and be private if they didnt' want their family to know? If so, wouldnt the hospital HAVE to tell LE so they would not continue searching? Could you go into a hospital as a John Doe with no ID on you and get treatment? And then no one would know ? If so, and LE called, would hospital have to say ' well we do have a john doe who fits your description of your missing person'?

If he had no ID and was confused then yes, he could well be in a hospital or a Police cell with no one the wiser. Healthcare is free and he would not be turned away from any ER or Urgent Care simply for not having ID or money on him.

The very first thing I would do is call every hospital in the area and also every Police station. Just in case. Bureaucracy can be slow, maybe there are departments that haven't talked to each other yet.

There are patient privacy laws, but if he checked in and is now reported to the Police as a missing person, I *believe* the Police must be informed, even if only so they can say they know where he is but won't release any more info.

Hospitals have been checked and LE has been on the case since day one. So wouldn't the hospital have to notify LE even if he wanted privacy ?

Yes I think they would. My sis is LE and they are notified if - say - an unconscious person is brought in with no ID. I do not know what happens if a person with full control of their faculties is brought in and requests that the family not be notified. However, I think it would be *very* unlikely a known missing person would not be reported to Police.

I'm sorry, I hope he's found soon, safe and well.

I've shared his missing poster on Twitter.

Unfortunately Baljeev is part of a demographic that never seems to garner much media attention. Hopefully his friends and family will keep pushing for his poster to be shared.

""Baljeev we are here for you whenever you are ready. We can listen, talk you through what help you need, pass a message for you and help you to be safe. ''' :(

Be safe BJ ! Please be safe. The family is growing increasingly alarmed and desperate every hour. My only hope, although it sounds silly, is that some one came by and he hopped a ride with them, told them the story and they said he could just hang out with them a few days and chill . But does that ever happen in real life or only in the movies?

I've shared his missing poster on Twitter.

Unfortunately Baljeev is part of a demographic that never seems to garner much media attention. Hopefully his friends and family will keep pushing for his poster to be shared.

Thank you! <3

Subscribing and hoping he is found safe and sound.
And soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back