Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cambridge crown court. Beginning on June 10th, is expected to last 5 to 6 weeks.
They're currently turning people away at the moment due to covid restrictions limiting the amount of people in the court.
And are expecting this to still be happening when the trial starts.
But someone could call them nearer the time and ask.

PRE TRIAL HEARING - at the Old Bailey this coming Thursday 27th May 2021.

Followed by the trial starting Thursday 10th June 2021 at Cambridge Crown Court.

Ooooooh I do hope the older children, especially Anthony, have some good support because the months of (understandable) denial that Berni is gone may be about to come to a close once all the evidence starts coming out.

Followed by the trial starting Thursday 10th June 2021 at Cambridge Crown Court.

Ooooooh I do hope the older children, especially Anthony, have some good support because the months of (understandable) denial that Berni is gone may be about to come to a close once all the evidence starts coming out.
Hey, how did you find out about this?

There could be some plea and charge bargaining at the pre trial, but will we find out before the trial?

Here we go .......

The Crown Court
at Cambridge

Daily Courtroom List for Thursday 27 May 2021
FINAL 1

CAMBRIDGE

Court 1
- sitting at 09:30 am

Mrs Justice McGowan

For Mention (Defendant to Attend)

T20207197

WALKER Scott 35NT1729420

WALKER Sarah 35NT1729420

CAMSM Crown Prosecution Service

Counsel on CVP

Plea and Trial Preparation Hearing

7. The first hearing at Crown Court after the case has been sent by the Magistrates is the Plea and Trial Preparation Hearing ("PTPH"). A PTPH takes place in every such case in the Crown Court, and its purpose is to ensure that all necessary steps have been taken in preparation for trial and sufficient information has been provided for a trial date to be arranged. The judge is required to exercise a managerial role with a view to progressing the case.

8. There is a PTPH form that must be completed and made available for the Court at that hearing. In addition, the parties are expected to have discussed its contents in advance of the hearing.

9. The expectation is that the PTPH will be the only hearing in advance of the trial unless it is specified otherwise or certain conditions apply1. Usually being the only hearing before trial, it is expected arraignment will occur unless there is good reason why it should not. In order for this to happen, the indictment should have been lodged seven days before the PTPH2.

10. If there is a not guilty plea then a trial date will be set and the issues for trial will be determined. The judge will set a timetable for necessary pre-trial preparation.

11. You should always be in a position at the PTPH to provide the court with the witnesses' dates to avoid. You must also be prepared to raise any difficulties you have in complying with the prosecution's disclosure obligations under the Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act 1996 and be ready to put forward a reasonable timetable for resolving those difficulties3.

12. When the trial date is fixed, you should inform the witnesses. You should also notify the Press Office.

13. The Crown Court will normally send a notice of fixture, which you should forward to your legal adviser immediately.

14. Counsel will specify the contents of the bundle of evidence for the jury. In a case with one defendant, you should prepare 10 copies of this. Where there is more than one defendant, you will need a further two bundles for each additional defendant. The bundles should be brought to court on the first day of the trial.

15. You may be asked to obtain further statements at court and should have statement forms with you. You should also ensure you have spare copies of the bundles for the court and the jury, and that you bring all non-documentary exhibits with you to court.

16. Remember that you are responsible for the attendance of witnesses and you will need to deal with any witnesses' expenses.

17. You should supply details of your costs, including witness expenses, to your legal adviser well in advance of the hearing, so that a costs schedule may be prepared.

At the Crown Court - Court Stage - Enforcement Guide (England & Wales)

Very, very interesting indeed. Tomorrow will be the start of a highly anticipated crescendo. Not in any way making light of a young woman's disappearance, but I'd be lying if I said this case hasn't been absolutely gripping from the start.
I've been gripped too. I've always hoped that BW's body would be found so that she can have justice, and her family can be released from the slavery of hoping she's just run off. A life cut short. Utterly tragic. A waste of a lovely, talented girl. Who knows what she could have achieved.

Last edited:
I've been gripped too. I've always hoped that BW's body would be found so that she can have justice, and her family can be released from the slavery of hoping she's just run off. A life cut short. Utterly tragic. A waste of a lovely, talented girl. Who knows what she could have achieved.
A new post on her brother's campaign FB page on the eve of the pre trial, again referencing recent social media activity by ?BW. This is looking pretty desperate. I hope he has access to counselling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces