Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernadette Walker murder trial: Teen 'crying after sex abuse disclosure'

This has been updated since the last time I copied the link….. I quote :

The court also heard from a number of Bernadette's friends, who said she had posted on social media about Mr Walker abusing her.

One said she saw the post "just before it was deleted" and on 20 July began to receive messages from Bernadette's mother asking if she had heard from her.

Sarah Walker wrote: "I can't really say what happened for her privacy. But she ran away from home… if you have contact with her can you tell her I love her so much and miss her?"

"I just wanna know she's safe. The police won't report her missing until 72 hours. But I'm going to them tomora [sic]."

The friend then replied: "Sorry, but I haven't heard anything from her. I messaged her three days ago asking if she's OK but she hasn't replied."

Later Sarah messaged her: "The lies she told are massive so I can see why she can't face coming home.

"I wasn't going to say anything but so much of what she said contradicts."

I know someone a while back asked why did BW all of a sudden make an attempt to tell her mum about the abuse.

It just occurred to me that she may have done because ScW and SW were making plans (perhaps) to split the household due to her relationship with CC. Maybe it had been decided, or had at least been discussed, that BW was one of the children that would go with ScW.[/QUOTE

I still think it was to protect her sister who must be around the age B was when the abuse started.

I know someone a while back asked why did BW all of a sudden make an attempt to tell her mum about the abuse.

It just occurred to me that she may have done because ScW and SW were making plans (perhaps) to split the household due to her relationship with CC. Maybe it had been decided, or had at least been discussed, that BW was one of the children that would go with ScW.[/QUOTE

I still think it was to protect her sister who must be around the age B was when the abuse started.

Very good question if I may say so MrsB.

It had me stumped for a while, but I think she didn't know Bee's passwords and Bee had left the apps open but Sarah knew she would have to quickly stop using Bee's phone at their house, but she would still want access to Bee's social media.

10:33am activity on BW's Gmail email
10:48am activity on BW's Facebook

12:54 to 1:04pm ScW phoned SaW

c.1:04pm - login to BW's Gmail - password changed
1:07pm SaW searched for login for Hotmail acct
1:14pm activity on BW's Instagram
1:24pm more activity on BW's Instagram - message to a friend saying I ran away, I lied
1:49pm password change on BW's Hotmail acct validated on SaW's phone no.
c.2pm - BW's phone disconnected

I am 100% convinced that Sarah knew Bee was dead and was not fed a story that she had run away. This is because her messages telling people she lied could not work if she thought Bee was alive. At any point that day or in the future Bee could borrow a friend's phone, go to police, go to a friend's house in person, buy a new phone, reset her passwords, and tell everyone Sarah had her phone, it was not a lie and she had not sent those messages. What is more, Sarah's first password change happened instantly after the call, which you just wouldn't immediately do unless you had thought of it in advance and needed the confirmation she was dead and therefore Bee was not going to be able to refute any of it.

It's a very calculated, callous and self-preserving mindset, just getting confirmation of her daughter's murder, IMO, and it shows there was no shock or regrets.
Or she was looking to see who BW had told about the abuse and how much she had said, and if she'd discussed plans to run away. SaW didn't believe the allegations and wanted to retract them pretending to be BW. It's not what most people would do but it's as plausible to me as conspiring to kill her own daughter and/or covered it up.

Last edited:
Or she was looking to see who BW had told about the abuse and how much she had said, and if she'd discussed plans to run away. SaW didn't believe the allegations and wanted to retract them pretending to be BW. It's not what most people would do but it's as plausible to me as conspiring to kill her own daughter and/or covered it up.

I agree with you that it is plausible- until the point where SW is pretending to be BW in the afternoon of 18th July sending messages from BW phone to her own, asking forgiveness etc

and saying that she was going to be staying at a friends house.

why would SW pretend to be BW saying she was going to be staying at a friends house if SW truly believed BW had run away and might be home at any moment, as most teenagers are if they have been caught out lying/ up to mischief making/ after a family fall out. Or even if she believed that she might come to harm/ bring herself harm.

I don't know how long Bee had known about Chris but she might have thought her mum would be more supportive thinking that Sarah wanted Scott to move out. In reality I think Sarah probably didn't care if Scott moved out or not because he was her babysitter while she worked nights and was at her boyfriend's place, and perhaps her boyfriend didn't care too much for moving in with Sarah and playing dad to all her children either.
I agree. Maybe BW thought the allegation would force her mothers hand ? Had SaW really wanted ScW gone the allegation would have achieved that whether it was true or not. What was SaW so scared of?

I’m thinking that as well, I also think they had her phone much earlier than the night in question in court.
Perhaps SaW took the phone off her on the 16th which added to BW's distress. Or even 15th when her friend messaged her but didn't get a reply. Perhaps (stretching this a bit further) confiscation of the phone was the trigger for the abuse reveal. I don't think we'll ever know unless SaW tells the absolute truth when it's her turn.

"The wife of Mr Walker's father told the jury Bernadette stayed at their home in the hope that she would "open up".

That seems very strange. Perhaps she hoped BW would open up but I very much doubt SaW or ScW had that hope!
I think that was just their excuse to get her out of the house while they plotted. Unlikely BW would admit anything to HIS parents

Perhaps SaW took the phone off her on the 16th which added to BW's distress. Or even 15th when her friend messaged her but didn't get a reply. Perhaps (stretching this a bit further) confiscation of the phone was the trigger for the abuse reveal. I don't think we'll ever know unless SaW tells the absolute truth when it's her turn.
Why would they confiscate the phone before the abuse allegation though?

I agree with you that it is plausible- until the point where SW is pretending to be BW in the afternoon of 18th July sending messages from BW phone to her own, asking forgiveness etc

and saying that she was going to be staying at a friends house.

why would SW pretend to be BW saying she was going to be staying at a friends house if SW truly believed BW had run away and might be home at any moment, as most teenagers are if they have been caught out lying/ up to mischief making/ after a family fall out. Or even if she believed that she might come to harm/ bring herself harm.
I agree, that afternoon of the 18th text conversation is pretty damning. I'd like to see how she explains that one. Perhaps she had decided BW wasn't ever getting her phone back because of what was on it whether she came home or not, and the texting was a bit of childish behaviour on her part. She perhaps then gave it to ScW to get rid of it. Perhaps the new sim card was intended for BW's phone after a factory reset.

This case is so baffling! It’s driving me to distraction o_O I swing from thinking there’s just not enough evidence (presented so far) to be absolutely sure that a murder actually has taken place, to re reading the whole evidence through yet again and then not being able to explain an alternative without tripping myself up on the facts that have been presented.

This case is so baffling! It’s driving me to distraction o_O I swing from thinking there’s just not enough evidence (presented so far) to be absolutely sure that a murder actually has taken place, to re reading the whole evidence through yet again and then not being able to explain an alternative without tripping myself up on the facts that have been presented.
Me too !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member