Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only recent trial with reporting as poor as this, that I can recall is Joy Morgans trial ...

Joys case was also a no body murder trial - ending a guilty verdict AND her remains were found shortly after sentencing.

This is the case that first came to my mind when it was announced that it was going to be a no body murder investigation. Such a tragic case as well.
I only heard about that case because she was a student in the town I'm originally from.

This is off topic a little bit, but how do reporters/journalists get the info on trials they do? If they are hearing it lived streamed though a link why are we not able to as well? Court rooms are opened to the public right?? Also, tomorrow I've got jury duty for the first time lol.

This is off topic a little bit, but how do reporters/journalists get the info on trials they do? If they are hearing it lived streamed though a link why are we not able to as well? Court rooms are opened to the public right?? Also, tomorrow I've got jury duty for the first time lol.
If they are watching it on a video link they are actually in the court building but in a separate room, so it's not set up to broadcast on the internet.

Good luck with jury duty! Hope you get an interesting case.

What @Tortoise said - plus - we don't broadcast any trials (which is probably for the best! We'd never get anything done otherwise ) and if the court were to broadcast it publicly - there'd be a lot of hassle having to cut bits out that are subject to reporting restrictions.

I'm always amazed at how much info it almost immediately available in American cases from mugshots to charges to evidence photos etc

Just wondering is there are any WSs following this thread who have applied for transcripts of Court hearings. If so, what were the costs and timescales? I've been to the Gov website but it looks like you have to apply before you find out. Might be me just being slow today.

Just wondering is there are any WSs following this thread who have applied for transcripts of Court hearings. If so, what were the costs and timescales? I've been to the Gov website but it looks like you have to apply before you find out. Might be me just being slow today.

Found this company who can do real time or same day, goodness knows how much they charge though!

Crown Court Transcripts | Auscript

Found this company who can do real time or same day, goodness knows how much they charge though!

Crown Court Transcripts | Auscript
I've already emailed them mspuurfect. Cost is calculated per 72 words. I've asked if I can purchase a specific part of the trial, i.e. just the defendants evidence and cross-examination from yesterday onwards.

I've already emailed them mspuurfect. Cost is calculated per 72 words. I've asked if I can purchase a specific part of the trial, i.e. just the defendants evidence and cross-examination from yesterday onwards.

I just did a quick quote for a random one, typed in 100 minutes just to get a benchmark. The quote was for £200ish (obviously I know that it would be substantially longer than 100 minutes) but would allow us to calculate a rough cost! In my opinion the cost would be prohibitive for most people unless you were making a crime documentary or podcast and had the funds behind you!

What @Tortoise said - plus - we don't broadcast any trials (which is probably for the best! We'd never get anything done otherwise ) and if the court were to broadcast it publicly - there'd be a lot of hassle having to cut bits out that are subject to reporting restrictions.

I'm always amazed at how much info it almost immediately available in American cases from mugshots to charges to evidence photos etc
Shame we don,t have a local member on here who was able to attend the trial and report back to us. Do we think there is a news blackout or reason just because of the PT reporters being on holiday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper