Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question as I asked this before, why is Scott listed as witness 14? That seems strange terminology as he’s on trial

This. People think they know how they’d act and what they’d do if they were being abused, but no two victims are the same.

She must have known; or at least had pretty strong suspicions. I fail to see how any person living in the same house wouldn’t after that amount of time.
I agree. There were a lot of people crammed into one small house Someone must have known surely?

<modsnip -quoted post removed>

Hi, I am not the poster you are talking to but I did make a couple of the same points- it appears from the first child SaW had who was removed due to her circumstances there was some indication of vulnerability at least at that time and if it’s correct she had him to a much older man there’s at least that evidence that she has a history of being targeted as vulnerable. The amount of children shes had is also an indicator. I have no idea if this was the case for SaW, but there’s enough circumstantial evidence for me to personally believe she was experiencing DV. None of this is to excuse a woman who’s teenage daughter believed she would be murdered if she disclosed abuse, who is now missing presumed dead - I don’t even think it lessens her culpability here.

Domestic abuse against pregnant women

I do believe SaW has done a lot wrong, up to and potentially including murder- but I also believe she may have been abused, if not by ScW then apparently at some point in her adolescence when she had a child by a much older man despite not being able to care for them.

ETA- @Kitkat28 Thank you for the clarification- I’ve been dead wrong about that since it kicked in and thought it applied retroactively. D’oh

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in court today. I'm not home yet. I will report back later. In the meantime, could you let me know what I am not allowed to say? I know I cannot mention children's names. But is there anything else that I can't share?
Hurrah Helen! Unless they said there are restrictions I think it's ok but someone with better knowledge than me will come along I'm sure.

I was in court today. I'm not home yet. I will report back later. In the meantime, could you let me know what I am not allowed to say? I know I cannot mention children's names. But is there anything else that I can't share?
Fantastic Helenvic - your head must be spinning - mine was! Quick question are they in court tomorrow? I’m leaving quite early so would be great if you could let me know.

MIdge28, court is resuming at 10:30am tomorrow. If you're up for walking 12 minutes, I parked all day for free on Cheddars Lane. I also noticed that Logan's Way, the same distance away, is unrestricted parking. Head spinning is an understatement. Mind blown. Still not home. Will report later.

MIdge28, I'll add that court ended 2:05pm today because ScW broke down. He was in such a bad state that the judge wouldn't let him continue (even though he wanted to). So, if Scott is still in such a bad way tomorrow, court might possibly not resume?? Maybe ring and check as soon as you can?

MIdge28, I'll add that court ended 2:05pm today because ScW broke down. He was in such a bad state that the judge wouldn't let him continue (even though he wanted to). So, if Scott is still in such a bad way tomorrow, court might possibly not resume?? Maybe ring and check as soon as you can?

I feel very suspicious about how genuine that breakdown actually was. Sympathy vote or to avoid questions he did not like answering.

Hurry up and get home :)

Thank you Helenvic - and thanks for the parking tip! Hope you get home safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member