Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given we are led to believe ScW was steadfastly answering “no comment” in interview once arrested, then his only previous responses were the “man on the edge” and other earlier interactions with the police.

It could well be that the police also are building a clearer picture on where BW may be through the court testimony. @helenvic was there any sign of detectives in court beyond the usual uniformed police and prison service presence?

The police would have all the data from the phones.
They provided all the case information for the trial.

The police would have all the data from the phones.
They provided all the case information for the trial.

I agree and don’t doubt that, however as others have pointed out, ScW’s alibis seem to disintegrate through skilful cross-examination and he’s providing possible information leakage. Given the wide search geography and the matter that BW remains unfound, I’d be very surprised if his testimony wasn’t yielding further clues…

I agree and don’t doubt that, however as others have pointed out, ScW’s alibis seem to disintegrate through skilful cross-examination and he’s providing possible information leakage. Given the wide search geography and the matter that BW remains unfound, I’d be very surprised if his testimony wasn’t yielding further clues…

I believe today has been halted for legal discussions. Obviously we don’t know why, but very unusual half way through a prosecution examination to stop questions and then to stop the trial entirely just after the accused has a breakdown and starts hinting they want to speak to their lawyer as they have remembered stuff. Let’s see what comes of it, but it looks like there’s either a change of plea, an objection to evidence or new information being introduced. Monday will be interesting…

@helenvic Thanks for that mammoth scoop from our exclusive WS Reporter :)

Hmmm I'm pondering the comparison between 'no comment' interviews and now this presentation ... which one is the real Scott?

I'm imaging him coming to court tomorrow and blowing the lid ... announcing that he did kill B but it was all Sarah's idea and he only did it because he'd do literally anything for her and he did what she told him to do ...

I think a good prosecution can trip you up & tie you in knots but, only IF your lying.
The truth is the truth, nothing more, nothing less ... you have to be intelligent and have an excellent memory to be a 'good' liar ...
Yes I agree. I guess the no comments was much easier than actually facing the prosecution. It seems to me that he didn't expect this degree of evidence and the relentless questioning. I think he is not the brightest and is now struggling under the pressure to come up with credible answers. The needing advice is really telling to me he needs someone to tell him what to say ? Will he be allowed to consult his defence for help before he next takes the stand?

It's a sobering thought that without the precision of phone data, would he even be on the stand right now? I imagine that ScW and SaW thought they had the phone tracking more or less sorted, as long as they both stuck to the story. Chuck in a couple of internet searches about 'my daughter is missing...' and 300 Instagram posts begging BW to 'come home' (having suddenly remembered to act like Worried Parents) and they probably thought they'd pulled it off.

I'm reassured that the prosecution is being so forensic over the phone data: last night I had a visual image of each strand of phone data evidence creating an actual thread, and weaving, weaving, weaving until the data threads form an inescapable net, with both of them in it!

Huge thanks to the WS court reporters - you're fabulous.

Given we are led to believe ScW was steadfastly answering “no comment” in interview once arrested, then his only previous responses were the “man on the edge” and other earlier interactions with the police.

It could well be that the police also are building a clearer picture on where BW may be through the court testimony. @helenvic was there any sign of detectives in court beyond the usual uniformed police and prison service presence?
Yes, but the police gave the CPS the information they are using in court, and it is insufficient for them to find her is the point I was making. Would be nice to have this information but it might not help us either.

Did you leave her where you killed her, Mr. Walker?”
“Sorry?”
“Did you leave her where you killed her, Mr. Walker?”
“No. ... Two questions again.”

I'm confused by this.
Is he responding No as if he's been asked 1. Did you kill her. And 2. Did you leave her where you killed her?

I think he was just saying that he has been asked the same question twice. And it sounds as though the Prosecutor had done that with previous questions - two questions again

I think he was just saying that he has been asked the same question twice. And it sounds as though the Prosecutor had done that with previous questions - two questions again

I'm not sure, I first assumed he meant that "Did you kill her" and "where you left her" to be two questions to trip him up that he might answer yes to the "left her" part of the question... Although now I'm trying to explain it I realise I'm not making much sense!

I’m wondering if the legal submissions might be a request from the defence to ask if the prosecution questions can be asked in a certain way as he has struggled to follow them, and this has caused him stress?? Anyone have any insights for us as to whether that sort of request could be considered?

Who knows? But to me it sounded like an accidental confession that he had killed her and that he didn't leave her where he killed her.

That's my take on it. He didn't say "No, because I didn't kill her", he just said no.... How soon after that did he break down Helenvic? From reading your post it seems like he realised that he'd slipped up.

I’m actually increasingly surprised, especially now having read @helenvic’s posts that the police haven’t found Bee.

It seems like they have so much data to go on, so many triangulation points to work from, that it wouldn’t be quite as difficult to pinpoint as it seemed at first. Obviously I understand the practicalities, but I do find myself wondering just how much effort they’ve actually put into the search.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member