Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting US podcast on the case here

This is excellently done.
I just want to say the parents were 37 and 50 at the time of her disappearance.
The narrater seems to think Sarah being in a partnership allowed her to change her name to walker with an unenrolled deedpoll.
But the fact is anyone can write out a deedpoll with a pen and paper in this country and begin using a new name as and when they like, it must just be signed by witnesses, who can be friends.
All they need to do is make sure that everyone receives a copy of the deed poll for the new name. As using two names at the same time is not allowed.

The narrater also wonders why they didn't get married.
Government records show that Scott is still married to his ex, this is why.

When did they meet?
Their son Anthony is 20, and writes on Facebook that he met Scott when he was 6.
So Sarah and Scott have been together since around 2007.
By 2008 Sarah is referring to Scott as the father of all of her children online.

The Prosecutor did not say that the phone was switched on 4 minutes away from home whilst travelling. They have not given location data for the reconnect or asserted that this was any number of miles from Century Square. That would be a very significant fact.
She said it connected 4 minutes before it was located at home. Just because we haven't been given the location data in the sparse reports we get doesn't mean the court hasn't seen it. But what it does mean is it wasn't on the home towers when it reconnected, which must indicate travel from one point to the next, when taken together with the point about unexplained activity for the preceding 1 hr 20 mins.

This is excellently done.
I just want to say the parents were 37 and 50 at the time of her disappearance.
The narrater seems to think Sarah being in a partnership allowed her to change her name to walker with an unenrolled deedpoll.
But the fact is anyone can write out a deedpoll with a pen and paper in this country and begin using a new name as and when they like, it must just be signed by witnesses, who can be friends.
All they need to do is make sure that everyone receives a copy of the deed poll for the new name. As using two names at the same time is not allowed.

The narrater also wonders why they didn't get married.
Government records show that Scott is still married to his ex, this is why.

When did they meet?
Their son Anthony is 20, and writes on Facebook that he met Scott when he was 6.
So Sarah and Scott have been together since around 2007.
By 2008 Sarah is referring to Scott as the father of all of her children online.
Why did ScW not divorce his wife or she him? Did she vanish too?

She said it connected 4 minutes before it was located at home. Just because we haven't been given the location data in the sparse reports we get doesn't mean the court hasn't seen it. But what it does mean is it wasn't on the home towers when it reconnected, which must indicate travel from one point to the next, when taken together with the point about unexplained activity for the preceding 1 hr 20 mins.
I would still prefer that to be explicit rather than assumed. If the Prosecution maintain that it was evidence of returning home then they would have made that point. Could the phone have switched on at Century Square but still be in airplane mode, then airplane mode was switched off and it connected to the tower?

Why did ScW not divorce his wife or she him? Did she vanish too?

i am curious about this too. There is a daughter from this marriage I believe, but haven’t seen anything about the wife. I assume the daughter did not live with ScW and SW but it is just an assumption.

i am curious about this too. There is a daughter from this marriage I believe, but haven’t seen anything about the wife. I assume the daughter did not live with ScW and SW but it is just an assumption.
I believe I read that he got married in Greece which complicated a divorce. On the find my sister group it states that SaW had 6 children when she met ScW . ScW had an older daughter from an ex and SaWs 4 youngest children are all his. I had assumed new baby was fathered by new boyfriend. This doesnt really tie in with the multiple fathers stated at the beginning of the trial though unless the first 6 all had different fathers?

it’s likely to lead to the case being suspended if a body was discovered, as that would be instrumental in proving guilt or innocence.

I honestly think an aerial drone will be the only chance as you may see clothing or a disturbed undergrowth that would narrow down a vast area to a dozen or so areas of interest
If a body was discovered now after a year would it be possible to obtain evidence to prove guilt or innocence of the accused?

If Scott really is a narcissist as Sarah claims, perhaps not sorting the divorce paperwork was his last bit of power over his ex, maybe he felt she should have the expensive job of doing the divorce paperwork.

I would still prefer that to be explicit rather than assumed. If the Prosecution maintain that it was evidence of returning home then they would have made that point. Could the phone have switched on at Century Square but still be in airplane mode, then airplane mode was switched off and it connected to the tower?
I think it's quite explicit and they have made the point by saying they were home by 3:07/3:08am and there is an hour and 20 minutes of unexplained activity. Not unexplained time but activity. What would be the point of them picking that time as a likely window of opportunity to dispose of the body if they could just have been at home, and there would be many other hours also when they don't know what she was doing? The jury wouldn't buy it if there was an alternative credible explanation.

"The phone was eventually switched back on at [3.30am should read 3:03am] , and at 3.08am they were back at their home in Century Square." Bernadette Walker murder trial: Teenager’s parents made midnight trip to Cowbit day after Bernadette was last seen alive, jury told

It's my last post on this topic, it's been exhausted from my point of view. Given the standard of the trial reporting I think we have to (and can) join the dots and court has been told the phone's location moved between when it was switched on at 3:03 and 3:07am when it was at home.

MOO

<modsnip>
I have only seen reports for 9 or 10. I presumed the number of 9 relates to the number of children living in the household at the time of the arrests.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to imagine (unless there is an issue with the reporting) that the prosecutor would have been citing proven, or accepted facts when she states 10 children by 7 fathers.

There were 11 children if you include his oldest daughter from his first marriage I believe. It’s easy to get confused in this trial!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper