Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's quite explicit and they have made the point by saying they were home by 3:07/3:08am and there is an hour and 20 minutes of unexplained activity. Not unexplained time but activity. What would be the point of them picking that time as a likely window of opportunity to dispose of the body if they could just have been at home, and there would be many other hours also when they don't know what she was doing? The jury wouldn't buy it if there was an alternative credible explanation.

"The phone was eventually switched back on at [3.30am should read 3:03am] , and at 3.08am they were back at their home in Century Square." Bernadette Walker murder trial: Teenager’s parents made midnight trip to Cowbit day after Bernadette was last seen alive, jury told

It's my last post on this topic, it's been exhausted from my point of view. Given the standard of the trial reporting I think we have to (and can) join the dots and court has been told the phone's location moved between when it was switched on at 3:03 and 3:07am when it was at home.

MOO
Let's see how the Defence approach this. We only have one side of the case. They were indeed back home at 3.07am but the prosecution have not given a location for 3.03am. I would have thought the Police would have asked SaW what time the 'sleeping' SaW got home that night, and the response to have featured in the timeline they were painting for the jury.

Yes so she had 6 children already when she met ScW and then 4 more during her time with him. So 10 children altogether but according to BWs brother ScW was the father of all 4 of the younger ones which would include new baby. So the only way that adds up is if the first 6 all had different fathers? The brother states he was 6 when he met ScW so SaW must of had 6 kids in 7 years before that!!

If Scott really is a narcissist as Sarah claims, perhaps not sorting the divorce paperwork was his last bit of power over his ex, maybe he felt she should have the expensive job of doing the divorce paperwork.
I think is is she who is the narcissist not him! She shows all the classic traits. I truly believe she wielded the power in that relationship.

Can we get a time line of her livebirths?
With no names or very precise dates. Is that allowed?
I think you'd have to do that in a private chat. Information here has to be backed up by mainstream media links, and the children aren't part of this case. There are reporting restrictions in place to protect the children.

I think you'd have to do that in a private chat. Information here has to be backed up by mainstream media links, and the children aren't part of this case. There are reporting restrictions in place to protect the children.
I agree. I do wonder though where the quote about 7 different fathers came from. Anyone know?

I have to imagine (unless there is an issue with the reporting) that the prosecutor would have been citing proven, or accepted facts when she states 10 children by 7 fathers.
I can't remember if that was from actual court records or not. I think it might just have been a bit of information added by the reporter, in which case I wouldn't personally take it as fact, as the local news in this area are known to be shockingly bad. Cambridge news reporters were actually blocked from a village facebook group were I use to live for copying and pasting peoples comments on there and turning it in to a story. MOO
Please correct me if I'm wrong as I can't remember which article it was in.

I agree. I do wonder though where the quote about 7 different fathers came from. Anyone know?

it’s a quotation from the prosecution opening statements in court.

of course is could be mis reported, but I would think they would have been careful to get something like that correct. It’s one of those facts that you would question and recheck if any doubt. IMO

Last edited:
Let's see how the Defence approach this. We only have one side of the case. They were indeed back home at 3.07am but the prosecution have not given a location for 3.03am. I would have thought the Police would have asked SaW what time the 'sleeping' SaW got home that night, and the response to have featured in the timeline they were painting for the jury.
How do you interpret the 'activity' the prosecutor referred to?

Thanks. Yes I thought so and it was then reported in the trial coverage. I wonder why the prosecution quoted it though? Does it somehow have relevance to the case?

I think it has relevance in determining the relationships going on in the household for the jury. And the fact that whilst he (SCW) was the step to some, he was known as the father to everyone, especially relevant as the children, including BW, called him dad.

edited by me to clarify points made

Last edited:
Thanks. Yes I thought so and it was then reported in the trial coverage. I wonder why the prosecution quoted it though? Does it somehow have relevance to the case?
I think it sets the scene to help the jury understand the people on trial, the dynamics of their relationship, and what might have motivated their actions. Are they going to believe she did what she is accused of? ScW stuck around after SaW started a new relationship, he was possibly providing childcare for her when she was at her boyfriend's house, so was she going to protect him whatever he did, what were her priorities when Bee disclosed to her? those kinds of issues, IMO. I do think there are many details that won't have been reported, for instance any minors in the house during police visits to talk to the parents.

How do you interpret the 'activity' the prosecutor referred to?
Could be anything that isn't 'inactivity'. The prosecution have called it 'unexplained' so they clearly do not know. It's a gap in the known record. The prosecution have no facts around BWs actual murder and disposal but they have gaps in the known record when these events could have taken place. I really do hope that the evidence in court is a lot stronger than has been reported.

Could be anything that isn't 'inactivity'. The prosecution have called it 'unexplained' so they clearly do not know. It's a gap in the known record. The prosecution have no facts around BWs actual murder and disposal but they have gaps in the known record when these events could have taken place. I really do hope that the evidence in court is a lot stronger than has been reported.
The nature of the activity is unexplained, but not the fact that there was activity of some sort.

Beyond reasonable doubt... Not 100% proven evidence.

I cant imagine any feasible explanations for all these night time comings and goings, straight after Berni goes missing and is never seen again.

To me, it's absolutely clear that he killed Berni. Whether alone or with her own mother is something else, but IMO she was totally involved at least in the bodged cover up after the murder.

I cant imagine any feasible explanations for all these night time comings and goings, straight after Berni goes missing and is never seen again.

To me, it's absolutely clear that he killed Berni. Whether alone or with her own mother is something else, but IMO she was totally involved at least in the bodged cover up after the murder.
Exactly, she knew that Bee wasn't going to pop up in London or somewhere while she, Sarah, was sending texts from Bee's phone in Cowbit. And the allegations of abuse wouldn't have gone away if Bee was still alive, so all the texts Sarah wrote about deleting everything and her lies were completely pointless if Sarah thought she was alive.

I agree. IMO, ScW killed BW, her body was disposed of, and ScW and SaW were both involved in covering it up and lying to everyone. I have my own theory of how this occureed but it is a straw man that I continuously try to knock down. We know why, at least regarding ScW, but from the reports of the prosecution case the unanswered questions are how, when and where. That leaves the defence team with quite some scope to sow doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gingina30