UK - boy, 8, shot in head at farm - Warcop, Cumbria - 28 September 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

hiraethofthestars

Reaction score
An eight-year-old boy has died after being shot in the head and face at a farm.
A man in his 60s was arrested at the scene in Warcop, Cumbria, on suspicion of assault. He remains in custody but was now under arrest on suspicion of gross negligence manslaughter, police said.

oh man was he shooting at something else and didn't realize the boy was out there in the field?
might be his grandson? (JMO)
very sad RIP

The Sun understands the pair were on the land rabbiting. A source told us: "They had permission to be on the land. There's been an agreement in place for years for them to rabbit there."

It's understood that a farm near to the field where the shooting took place does not have any livestock - and instead rents out its lands for sheep grazing.
Boy, 8, fatally shot on farm was 'hunting rabbits' - as man bailed after arrest

A man arrested on suspicion of gross negligence manslaughter after an eight-year-old boy was shot dead at a farm has been bailed.

The farmer, who owns the land where the shooting took place, said he is 'deeply upset' by the incident. He said: "I had to witness what happened. It's deeply upsetting. My mother is in her 80s and ill."

One mother, who also lives in the village, said: "We don't know fully what happened yet. I have heard that he didn't go to the school in Warcop. I read earlier that it was an accidental discharge of the weapon.

She added: "We all have kids at that school so there was panic this morning that it may have been someone we knew. I read an e-mail from our school saying the victim didn't go there so we don't know where they were from.
Boy, 8, shot dead at farm was 'hunting rabbits' as farmer breaks silence

So sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke