Found Deceased UK - Brooke Morris, 22, Trelewis, Merthyr Tydfil, 12 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

chimpface

On Time Out
Reaction score
A search of mountains and waterways has taken place after a 22-year-old woman went missing following a night out.

Brooke Morris, 22, from Trelewis, Merthyr Tydfil, disappeared after being given a lift home from the town centre in the early hours of Saturday.

South Wales Police believe the Nelson RFC player did not go inside her house.

Officers are continuing to search for Ms Morris following efforts by mountain rescue teams from the area at the weekend.

Ms Morris was last seen at about 02:30 BST on Saturday wearing a long-sleeved red top and jeans.

Search for woman who went missing after night out

On Monday morning water searches were being carried out as part of inquiries.

Volunteers were asked to meet at 11am Treharris Rugby Club to co-ordinate the search party.

In a statement, both Western and Central Brecon Mountain Rescue teams said they were called to help police search "high priority areas" in Treharris and "prominent water courses" on Sunday.

Teams were stood down later that day pending police enquiries.

Rivers are being searched in hunt for missing 22-year-old Brooke Morris

This isn't looking good. So who gave her a lift home? Did they not drop her at the door or do they suspect she walked a part of it? Or are they suspecting foul play? It says she was dropped off at home on Twitter. Maybe she couldn't find her keys and wandered off?

Sorry, lots of questions, just trying to get my head around the circumstances...

*edit* I see it was "people known to her" that gave her the lift, so I assume friends.

Last edited:
The one small good thing is that Brooke was wearing a red top, might help make her easier to spot, imo.
Missing woman's family 'absolutely devastated'
"The team's clubhouse is being used as a focal point for the search, with snacks and supplies being provided by local businesses.

"We will coordinate a search of a specific terrain. You must be physically fit, have sound local knowledge of the area and be wearing appropriate clothing," the club wrote on its Facebook page.

"If you think you can meet the above please join us at the rugby club for 10:30. We will require 40/50 fully equipped volunteers.

"The club will remain open as a central community coordination point until further notice."

Supt Ceri Hughes from South Wales Police said: "We know that Brooke has been into Merthyr town centre with some friends who dropped her off near to her home address.

"The last confirmed sighting that we have of Brooke suggests that she didn't actually go into her home and instead went down a lane that leads towards a bridge that goes into Treharris."

Different pic showing her tattoo.
0_ALR_ECH_141019brooke.jpg

Rivers are being searched in hunt for missing 22-year-old Brooke Morris

Supt Ceri Hughes from South Wales Police said: "We know that Brooke has been into Merthyr town centre with some friends who dropped her off near to her home address.

"The last confirmed sighting that we have of Brooke suggests that she didn't actually go into her home and instead went down a lane that leads towards a bridge that goes into Treharris."

Sounds like she either went to meet someone or to harm herself.

I dont think the name of her Street has been named in MSM has it?

Reading between the lines, the areas surrounding it are challenging for searchers , many differing areas and composition. Moo
I don't think the early articles had her street name, but this one does:

In a new statement, police now say they believe Ms Morris did not enter her house after she was given a lift to her home to Bontnewydd Terrace, Trelewis.

Officers describe last moments missing 22-year-old woman was seen

I don't think the early articles had her street name, but this one does:

In a new statement, police now say they believe Ms Morris did not enter her house after she was given a lift to her home to Bontnewydd Terrace, Trelewis.

Officers describe last moments missing 22-year-old woman was seen

Thanks LB, I think that makes it fairly obvious if you look on google maps which way she took towards Treharris. I wouldn't fancy that in the wet and dark.

After the first bit of lane there are three possible routes. One is a main road the others look like paths.

Edit: One comes out onto the B4254 (main road) or Forest Road (path) and Railway Terrace (path).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back