Recovered/Located UK - Cardiff - 3 Women & 2 Men Missing, leaving nightclub approx 2am, Newport, 4 March 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ffion Actie, the sister of Rafel, told Sky News she feels "disappointed that maybe things weren't done sooner".

She said: "I heard the girls' mums had contacted [police] but it had taken several hours [to respond]

By that does that mean the guys families hadnt reported them missing? I know they was mentioned later but I think now that was because they was seen with the girls rather than because they had been reported missing. Cardiff car crash: Sister of victim 'disappointed' with police and says detectives 'should have acted straight away'
I think the men were staying at a caravan park or something similar, so that's probably why they were reported missing later than the girls.

I think the men were staying at a caravan park or something similar, so that's probably why they were reported missing later than the girls.
the holiday park was some distance away though I thought? It seemed more like they decided to go there after meeting the girls or at least it would be odd to stay at a caravan park and then go back where you live for a drink and then go back to the park and besides they went to the park and something happened apparently and then they ended up back in Cardiff

the holiday park was some distance away though I thought? It seemed more like they decided to go there after meeting the girls or at least it would be odd to stay at a caravan park and then go back where you live for a drink and then go back to the park and besides they went to the park and something happened apparently and then they ended up back in Cardiff
A lot of people basically live in them, though there are often rules saying you can't be there a full 12 month stretch. For a short situation they can be a lot more bang for your buck than renting a room or a flat.

A lot of people basically live in them, though there are often rules saying you can't be there a full 12 month stretch. For a short situation they can be a lot more bang for your buck than renting a room or a flat.

Idk if that was these guys situation but it's not uncommon.
they can but it would have only opened last week for the season and its been said he lives in Cardiff. We have one although different park and you cant normally stay more than 28 days at a time but I havent seen anything that indicated he was lived in it.

Ffion Actie, the sister of Rafel, told Sky News she feels "disappointed that maybe things weren't done sooner".

She said: "I heard the girls' mums had contacted [police] but it had taken several hours [to respond]

By that does that mean the guys families hadnt reported them missing? I know they was mentioned later but I think now that was because they was seen with the girls rather than because they had been reported missing. Cardiff car crash: Sister of victim 'disappointed' with police and says detectives 'should have acted straight away'

I suggested previously that the Police may have found the CCTV then made enquiries about the guys, possibly to friends and fam.

Three missing person reports between 7pm and 9pm on Saturday, while a report was also made to South Wales Police, covering the Cardiff area, on Sunday evening.

"Anna Certowicz, 42, (pictured with Ms Russon, right) believes her daughter and her two friends met Mr Jeanne and Mr Loughlin for the first time on the night of the tragedy"

Last edited:
I suggested previously that the Police may have found the CCTV then made enquiries about the guys, possibly to friends and fam.

Three missing person reports between 7pm and 9pm on Saturday, while a report was also made to South Wales Police, covering the Cardiff area, on Sunday evening.

"Anna Certowicz, 42, (pictured with Ms Russon, right) believes her daughter and her two friends met Mr Jeanne and Mr Loughlin for the first time on the night of the tragedy"

Regarding the article police insist they found the Cardiff crash victim its hard to know what to say because one is the mother of a victim but has made her feelings clear about the Police and on the other hand we are meant to be Pro Law enforcement. I do not believe the guy found her for one. The mother has said about the female dog walker finding the car and I do believe that but on the other hand we know that the police were circling around the area so it could be I guess that they found it from the air but that the dog walker was first there on the ground if that makes sense?

'[They] had been at the Muffler bar in Newport, where they met Rafel Jeanne, 24, and Shane Loughlin, 32, for the first time, before they all left together at around 11.15pm on Friday.

They are then thought to have driven 36 miles to Trecco Bay caravan park in Porthcawl, where Mr Loughlin's family had a caravan, but left after an argument, it was claimed.

They travelled 28 miles back to Cardiff, where they are said to have dropped off a sixth member of the group.

They were last seen in the car at 2am on Saturday in CCTV footage taken at a petrol station in the Pentwyn area of Cardiff, not far from the crash site.

That car must have been flying IMO.
Sadly three died instantly and folks understandably need to blame someone at the moment. <modsnip>
Meanwhile the insurance company that covered the vehicle will be have a special team on the job desperately looking for a way to deem that insurance cover was invalid at the time of the accident. Their potential likely payout for 3 deceased and 2 others possibly needing long term care is going to be substantial, so they will be looking at all the paperwork very closely and even more at the individual when we discover who was the driver.

Meanwhile the insurance company that covered the vehicle will be have a special team on the job desperately looking for a way to deem that insurance cover was invalid at the time of the accident. Their potential likely payout for 3 deceased and 2 others possibly needing long term care is going to be substantial, so they will be looking at all the paperwork very closely and even more at the individual when we discover who was the driver.
If the driver is one of the survivors I wonder if there would be a way to prove any intoxication at the time of the crash when they weren't found for 46 hours after the crash. Toxicology 48 hours+ later is going to be tricky.

If the driver is one of the survivors I wonder if there would be a way to prove any intoxication at the time of the crash when they weren't found for 46 hours after the crash. Toxicology 48 hours+ later is going to be tricky.
In theory wouldnt it depend what they was tested for? and if it was their car even regarding the insurance?

Last edited:
They are then thought to have driven 36 miles to Trecco Bay caravan park in Porthcawl, where Mr Loughlin's family had a caravan, but left after an argument, it was claimed.
<modsnip>

I wonder if Shane was driving and whether he even had licence and insurance as wasn't he on a driving ban for a previous offence according to an old news article posted in this thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

I wonder if Shane was driving and whether he even had licence and insurance as wasn't he on a driving ban for a previous offence according to an old news article posted in this thread?
The pic from the garage seems to show a larger person in the passenger seat and a smaller person driving. They could have swopped places at any time after the CCTV was taken. I guess we will only find out at the inquests.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Police investigating bust-up at caravan park where group in Cardiff crash were
  • Detectives are looking for a sixth man who is believed to have been a passenger

Police have launched a probe into an 'altercation' at a caravan park which is said to have happened just hours before the horror car crash in Cardiff that left three dead and two seriously injured.

The details of the bust-up are not yet clear but it reportedly happened at Trecco Bay caravan park in Porthcawl, which is where the group had travelled 40 miles to after exiting a nightclub in Newport, south Wales, last Friday night.

Detectives are now hunting for a sixth passenger - an unnamed man - who is understood to have been dropped off at his home in Cardiff after the group left the caravan park.

Eve Smith and her friend Darcy Ross, both 21, died in the collision alongside Rafel Jeanne, 24. And Sophie Russon, 20, and Shane Loughlin, 32, both remain in a critical condition after being left in the wreckage for nearly two days.

[...]

Police have confirmed today that they are investigating reports of the alleged altercation at the caravan park as well as suggestions there was a sixth passenger, the Mirror reports.

A spokesperson for South Wales Police told the paper that they would not make any additional comments while the investigation was ongoing.

It is not yet known why the group went to the caravan park, but it is believed that Mr Loughlin's family own a caravan at the site.

A friend who has helped in the search for the group wrote on social media that there was an 'altercation at the caravan site where the security guards last seen them'.

'Not sure what the altercation was but the security said they all jumped into this car,' the friend added.

• Police investigating bust-up at caravan park where group in Cardiff crash were
  • Detectives are looking for a sixth man who is believed to have been a passenger

Police have launched a probe into an 'altercation' at a caravan park which is said to have happened just hours before the horror car crash in Cardiff that left three dead and two seriously injured.

The details of the bust-up are not yet clear but it reportedly happened at Trecco Bay caravan park in Porthcawl, which is where the group had travelled 40 miles to after exiting a nightclub in Newport, south Wales, last Friday night.

Detectives are now hunting for a sixth passenger - an unnamed man - who is understood to have been dropped off at his home in Cardiff after the group left the caravan park.

Eve Smith and her friend Darcy Ross, both 21, died in the collision alongside Rafel Jeanne, 24. And Sophie Russon, 20, and Shane Loughlin, 32, both remain in a critical condition after being left in the wreckage for nearly two days.

[...]

Police have confirmed today that they are investigating reports of the alleged altercation at the caravan park as well as suggestions there was a sixth passenger, the Mirror reports.

A spokesperson for South Wales Police told the paper that they would not make any additional comments while the investigation was ongoing.

It is not yet known why the group went to the caravan park, but it is believed that Mr Loughlin's family own a caravan at the site.

A friend who has helped in the search for the group wrote on social media that there was an 'altercation at the caravan site where the security guards last seen them'.

'Not sure what the altercation was but the security said they all jumped into this car,' the friend added.

You beat me to it

[...]

Either they were being accosted by another vehicle or no one was found in the driver seat. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back