Recovered/Located UK - Cardiff - 3 Women & 2 Men Missing, leaving nightclub approx 2am, Newport, 4 March 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
updated at 8.40pm

Locals have been driving between Newport and Cardiff in a desperate search. Some have been searching lanes nearby and some have even begun to enquire in nearby hotels.

Family members of the missing girls have said it is very unusual of them not to be in touch with their families for this length of time.

Ms Smith's car is still at the Muffler club, according to her sister Lauren Doyle.

In a post Ms Doyle said: 'It is known that they went to the Muffler in Maesglas and then went to Trecco Bay on Friday night but left there to an unknown location during the night.

'They were last seen at approximately 2am.

'None of them have made contact with friends or family, which is very unusual. We are all worried sick and thinking the worst.'

She later added that Ms Smith's belongings, including her car keys and bank card, were with their mother, meaning she has no access to transport or funds.

Emma Jane also took to Facebook to track the trio down.

'None of them have made contact with friends or family, which is very unusual', she wrote. We are all worried sick and thinking the worst.'

Tori Preece, Ms Russon's aunt, added: 'My niece and her friends have been missing since Friday night. There has been no contact and no social media presence since the early hours of Saturday morning.

Interesting that the girls were all friends (so family could easily report that they had gone missing together), and yet it is being reported that they met the two men on the night out itself. Yet the men’s full names are known too.

I wonder if the men’s family/friends reported them missing individually or as a pair, then it was pieced together, the fact they were all five of them together?

You don’t tell your mate before leaving a club, or text a mate, “this is my new friend Mr Firstname Surname who I’ve just met and we are leaving together.” Just interesting to hear how it occurred. I would think it more likely that all five of them did know each other beforehand. And they posted photos together on snapchat or social media, or perhaps a mutual friend was able to report they all left together.

Sorry that’s not a Tiguan. That’s a smaller VW. The number plate on a Tiguan is on the tailgate and lifts up when you lift up the boot…whereas the car in this photo has a number plate below the boot. I’d say it was a golf or something

Which website is that?

Looking solely at your screenshot, they haven't looked at Porthcawl or the M4 / A48 corridor at all, they've just taken off from the airfield at St Athan and have gone very directly to East Cardiff. It's possible they've used ANPR and know they came off the M4 around Cardiff but don't have further detail after that.

It certainly is, but as ever even in urban areas it's possible for a car to go somewhere a passerby won't spot - like the case someone else mentioned upthread of the man whose car was found in undergrowth on a roundabout.

As an example, this is in East Cardiff on the route Google suggests is the fastest from Trecco Bay to Llanederyrn. It's a fast road with undergrowth you could easily go into
Google Maps

I'm not sure how well frequented the footpath is below (though I can't say it's ever popped up on my list of places I should take the dog to), but at best a dog walker might spot the car along there if it had left the road at that point.

Just an example of where the car could have left the road and not been noticed in a fairly built up area.
Thank you, that's good local knowledge. Of course in the middle of the night as well, there's not really anyone around to notice if a car goes off the road.

Unfortunately , I feel the car has crashed or went into water . I can’t imagine 5 young adults at that age not have spoken to anyone or been active on social media in all that time .

That is the obvious explanation sadly but surely phone tracking would be able to pinpoint where all 5 phones disappeared from their networks. How could the police track the movements of Nicola Bulley's phone so closely but not these ones. Something seems a little off here IMO

I really wish whatever the current process is for retrieving cell phone location data was made easier and standardized across the board because the amount of time it takes LE to obtain said data seems to vary case to case. Needless to say, that information is much more valuable to LE sooner rather than later in situations like this.

Last edited:
Friendly reminder:

I think we should be careful about posting on people/cases because the names are the same but no proof same person. It may not be the case and WS TOS prohibit victim shaming.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Eric
Back