Recovered/Located UK - Cardiff - 3 Women & 2 Men Missing, leaving nightclub approx 2am, Newport, 4 March 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
1678123044059.png
The scene in the St Mellons area of Cardiff where three people who disappeared on a night out have died in a road traffic accident

A 47-year-old man, Thomas Taylor from Cardiff, was arrested at the scene of the crash on Monday to prevent a breach of the peace when he approached the police cordon near the crashed car.

Speaking before he was arrested, Taylor, a film and TV extra, said: “I just couldn’t believe it could be possible that a car could come off and no one know they were there. It worries me, and I feel for the families because from what I can see from the reports they did have a feeling something was wrong and they were flagging it up. Their instincts were correct.

“I have some fears that perhaps when the reports came they had gone missing people thought: ‘Oh, it’s just a night out.’”

ETA Another article.
It is understood he was arrested after being asked to leave the area.

I wonder if this guy is aspiring to be a social media true crime creator.

Reminds me of Nicola Bulley, people using it as a tourist spot.
I suspect Mr Taylor was talking when he should have been listening ....

I wonder if the two that survived were in the front seats and wearing seat belts and the others in the back without? Or were sat on the side of the car with lesser damage? Moo

I wondered the same if perhaps if they were the only ones to wear seatbelts, and we know Sophie was wearing a seatbelt and her injuries sounded very severe I have to wonder if you had any chance without wearing a seatbelt.

View attachment 407420
The scene in the St Mellons area of Cardiff where three people who disappeared on a night out have died in a road traffic accident

From this shot which direction would they likely have been travelling in?

I wondered the same if perhaps if they were the only ones to wear seatbelts, and we know Sophie was wearing a seatbelt and her injuries sounded very severe I have to wonder if you had any chance without wearing a seatbelt.
I see in this article that it states ‘Anna said the car landed on its front and was tilted up in the air with Sophie, a trainee manager with Lloyds Bank, trapped by her seat belt which caused her burn injuries.’ Not sure how much truth we can take from the article but if the car landed with its front dipping in the ground and rear up in the air, perhaps the front two passengers were two of the deceased as they would have had more impact. JMO.

I see in this article that it states ‘Anna said the car landed on its front and was tilted up in the air with Sophie, a trainee manager with Lloyds Bank, trapped by her seat belt which caused her burn injuries.’ Not sure how much truth we can take from the article but if the car landed with its front dipping in the ground and rear up in the air, perhaps the front two passengers were two of the deceased as they would have had more impact. JMO.

Yes difficult to know what’s what, even family get it wrong. I’d assume the seatbelt remark was probably the most accurate part of it.

Just truly sad situation, young lives cut so short and the 2 survivors I can’t imagine how long those 2 days must have felt.

From this shot which direction would they likely have been travelling in?

They will have been travelling in the same direction as the vehicles that are pictured parked on the carriageway (towards the top left of the photograph). On the ground, that is a west to east or north-west to south-east direction towards the roundabout.

There is what appears to be a van pulling a trailer in an anti-clockwise direction on the roundabout. That is only possible because the roundabout was closed to traffic at the time.

Last edited:
I wonder if the two that survived were in the front seats and wearing seat belts and the others in the back without? Or were sat on the side of the car with lesser damage? Moo

I wondered if it was driver and rear passenger behind driver that have survived? moo
Terribly sad, hope the survivors are being well cared for and continue to recieve all the help and support they will need in the months ahead of them.
Deepest sympathies for the family and friends of those whom lost their lives, can't imagine their grief and pain. Hope MsM are kinder to these young people and their families than they have been in recent weeks in other tragic events :(

Moo

I can definitely see why you thought that and many people must have thought the same. The problem is that not everyone clicks on the article to read and assumptions are easily made.

At some point last night I started thinking they found the car with only the 3 girls inside and police was trying to find the two men who were maybe on the run.

The Daily Mail is so suggestive and pretty despicable because it chooses to monetise on people's suffering and pain.
It is… I am trying so hard not to look at their articles anymore because of this.

I've just been reading (rather grim) statistics about how low your chances of survival are if the car you are travelling in hit a tree, so I am not sure this is what happened in this case. Pure speculation, but it could be that Sophie and whoever she was sitting behind (or vice versa) wore seatbelts and the other two back passengers didn't. We all know how that ends from the frightening public service films

I wondered if it was driver and rear passenger behind driver that have survived? moo
Terribly sad, hope the survivors are being well cared for and continue to recieve all the help and support they will need in the months ahead of them.
Deepest sympathies for the family and friends of those whom lost their lives, can't imagine their grief and pain. Hope MsM are kinder to these young people and their families than they have been in recent weeks in other tragic events :(

Moo
I think we know from photos that the driver survived and my guess would be that the girls would have been sitting together in the back, maybe not all wearing seatbelts

Such sad news . Too many young lives ruined . Can’t even imagine the pain young eve’s mum must be feeling right now having lost another daughter previously in a car crash . Heartbreaking . I hope the 2 survivors make a full recovery will be a long road for them both , physically and mentally .

I think we know from photos that the driver survived and my guess would be that the girls would have been sitting together in the back, maybe not all wearing seatbelts
I think it’s difficult to tell who were in the front seats looking at the grainy cctv footage. But that’s JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave
Back