Found Deceased UK - Caroline Everest, 18, Sheffield, 22 Nov 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When I lived in Leeds centre and I'd got a bit jaded being out a lot, I often used to say "just nipping to the loo" and go straight home - it avoided the guilt trip of people making me stay out when I really just wanted a good cuppa and a sit down lol! However, I ALWAYS texted when I got back a few minutes later saying "I went to the loo at home, haha, night!".

Hahaha that made me chuckle! Sometimes you just want to get home & get in bed after being on your feet all night. If people who you're out with get a hint of that, they just pester & convince you to stay out even longer [emoji85] happens every time! So I suppose it is better to sneak off, & let them know you're home safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has struck me that she didn't die of drowning. If she had been thrown in, or fell, or threw herself into the brook and drowned that would be evident on the PM. As its inconclusive it's possible that she was already dead when she entered the brook. If that's the case then she didn't put herself there did she?

Newcastle has a "safe haven policy" where bouncers are trained to spot vulnerable people (especially women) and get them to safety. It followed a rape after a girl was thrown out of a nightclub in a drunken state and raped. Some bars are better at implementing it than others.

I find it very suspicious that she's ended up in a brook. There was no reason for her to be on that side of town. Maybe the toxicology will show some signs of a drug in her system that was put there by someone who wanted to rape her?

It has struck me that she didn't die of drowning. If she had been thrown in, or fell, or threw herself into the brook and drowned that would be evident on the PM. As its inconclusive it's possible that she was already dead when she entered the brook. If that's the case then she didn't put herself there did she?

Newcastle has a "safe haven policy" where bouncers are trained to spot vulnerable people (especially women) and get them to safety. It followed a rape after a girl was thrown out of a nightclub in a drunken state and raped. Some bars are better at implementing it than others.

I find it very suspicious that she's ended up in a brook. There was no reason for her to be on that side of town. Maybe the toxicology will show some signs of a drug in her system that was put there by someone who wanted to rape her?

maybe the other cities around the country can take note on that "safe haven policy" it would certainly help inprove things and maybe help encourage more people to stay away from rivers when toxicated with alcohol

it defentitly is suspicious how she ended up their in that brook

Ive wondered if she entered from the bushes to the far side of the wall, perhaps out of fright ran in to hide, and then somehow slipped down in to the brooke. From the pictures, the brooke looked like it had high walls either side, so once down there, it looks like it would be very difficult to climb back up.

http://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/6898/production/_86867762_hi030280102.jpg

ETA: The HP building on the opposite side of the road has a blue CCTV which looks to point over to the wall and graffiti fence. I wonder if that camera caught any sighting of CE entering the brook, from that stone wall or other.

Internet trawling late opening bars/hotels in the area. There is The Harley, on Glossop Road would that be near any sightings?

This place has rooms, bar open till 4 am, probably live music too cos residents complain about the noise from the bar !

Sorry on a tablet so can't get much idea of its position but thought I'd put it up as it would have been open late Sat so may be they went there?

Internet trawling late opening bars/hotels in the area. There is The Harley, on Glossop Road would that be near any sightings?

This place has rooms, bar open till 4 am, probably live music too cos residents complain about the noise from the bar !

Sorry on a tablet so can't get much idea of its position but thought I'd put it up as it would have been open late Sat so may be they went there?

there could be where she was found was near student accommodation flats and at 3am there could have been students out on there balcony having a smoke or something till the early hours could have heard or seen something if there are bars open till 4 am then there is always a chance just someone might of seen something and not think much of it at the time but if there where no sighting of her on the streets near that area it might mean she was somewhere else maybe in a vehicle for most of the time or out of sight

Just wondering out loud here if Caroline may have succumbed to a drug overdose. I'm not suggesting she's wasn't raped but perhaps she had something already in her system. I followed a case in the US of a young girl who went missing and when she was finally found it was determined that she died of a heroin overdose. She was an athlete, university student and everyone said she never did drugs, (AJ Hadsell). How the heroin entered her body has been up for great discussion but the reality is that's what killed her.

If the PM was inconclusive then toxicology is the next thing.

31 year old man released on bail pending further investigation.

Some very good theories posted here overnight.

I'm also now thinking she had more than just alcohol in her system when she left Corporation nightclub.

What points to this is that she went to the bar for water, and several rumours that she went into a staff area. People are unlikely to make this up if it never happened. Just why her friends abandoned her is a mystery. Unless they didn't know she left.

She wasn't known for being a risk taker, was described as the sensible one by her friends, so I'm thinking she wasn't drunk and someone in the club (probably another patron) added something to a drink with the aim of raping her, and followed her out. Perhaps she was completely disorientated by whatever substance she had been given.

If she didn't die of drowning then what are the options?

1. the water was too shallow, her face was not in the water, and she died of hypothermia. did she seek out water? did she have a craving for water?

2. she had a reaction to the substance - would she have a delayed reaction like this, an hour after leaving the club? and stopped breathing before entering the water, tumbling in perhaps if she was sitting somewhere like a verge. I don't know if there are any places like that - it seems it was banked with steep walls.

3. she got away from 'the rapist' only for him to catch her up via a route off camera, and he smothered her, she was in no state to resist, and then he put her over the railings on the opposite side of the brook, or via some other hidden access to the brook.

I'm glad they didn't name him then.

Ditto.

Seems to be a well run operation.

The police don't name arrested suspects until and unless they charge them. They only give age and gender. Often the suspect's identity can be extrapolated from this, but not in this case. The only times they do name people before charging is if they are actively searching for a known suspect, such as in the case of Mark Bridger.

Described ad sensible and not a risk taker to me means one of three things.

1. She knew the man she was seen with

2. Something was given to her in the club, not just alcohol, that removed her barriers and sence of danger.

3. He was was wearing some kind of uniform, police, security, uni polo shirt. Someone who automatically commands respect from people like carrie.

If number 1, there is no reason to believe that just because she knew him he wasn't a psychopath.

If number 2, I can see 100 ways, some of which seem out there and bizzare, of how she came to be in the Brook. Ranging from thinking she could walk on water to believing, as a dancer she could leap the river. Mind altering drugs are called such for a reason.

For 3, she was attacked and the person of authority realised he could be readily identified by her and cctv would support it and he had to kill her

You are of course correct,Cherwell. I guess I'm so used to names being leaked and pasted over msm that I'm genuinely surprised his identity hasnt been revealed or tracked and put this down to police work but really it indicates much more about the suspect I guess.

You are of course correct,Cherwell. I guess I'm so used to names being leaked and pasted over msm that I'm genuinely surprised his identity hasnt been revealed or tracked and put this down to police work but really it indicates much more about the suspect I guess.

It's often easy to draw inferences in a domestic situation, but much more difficult when the victim has gone to a public place full of strangers. He could be anybody. We don't even have any information about her friends or the people she went out with that night.

It's often easy to draw inferences in a domestic situation, but much more difficult when the victim has gone to a public place full of strangers. He could be anybody. We don't even have any information about her friends or the people she went out with that night.

The lad who is campaigning for Sheffield Wednesday fans to pay tribute to Caroline was out with her that night but last saw her about 2.30 in the club. After that it seems to just be CCTV footage of her leaving and afterwards.

I wonder if they could have disappeared for something to eat rather than something to drink. Are there any late night kebab or Pizza places or 24 hour McDonalds?

ETA there is a 24 hour McDonalds 1.3 miles from Napier street, 5 minutes by car or 18 minutes walking(though I'd expect them to have been picked up on CCTV)

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/N...7358f629c55!2m2!1d-1.4622417!2d53.3740876!3e2

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/N...ae927358f629c55!2m2!1d-1.4622417!2d53.3740876

I see the man has been released on bail with no charges. Even if he's not involved at all I was expecting them to request an extension to question him for longer. They must have very little on him at all if there was nothing they could use to question him for longer.

I wonder if they could have disappeared for something to eat rather than something to drink. Are there any late night kebab or Pizza places or 24 hour McDonalds?

I can't see much around the Summerfield St part of Napier St, but it looks like some takeaway places and restaurants around the southern side of Waitrose.

Back up around the Devonshire cat (why walk all the way to Napier St if you're in the town center, where there ought to be some takeaway open?) the most obvious thing that stands out to me is that G. maps has a Unite office right next door to the Devonshire Cat...would that be open at night? Would she get thrown out of the club and head up there to call a taxi or something (if she didn't have a phone with her or it wasn't charged or couldn't get a signal)?

Described ad sensible and not a risk taker to me means one of three things.

1. She knew the man she was seen with

2. Something was given to her in the club, not just alcohol, that removed her barriers and sence of danger.

3. He was was wearing some kind of uniform, police, security, uni polo shirt. Someone who automatically commands respect from people like carrie.

If number 1, there is no reason to believe that just because she knew him he wasn't a psychopath.

If number 2, I can see 100 ways, some of which seem out there and bizzare, of how she came to be in the Brook. Ranging from thinking she could walk on water to believing, as a dancer she could leap the river. Mind altering drugs are called such for a reason.

For 3, she was attacked and the person of authority realised he could be readily identified by her and cctv would support it and he had to kill her

Re number two. It could be something like this headline in today's papers

Businessman, 65, found guilty of raping air hostess he met on millionaire dating website after spiking her glass of rosé with ecstasy
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dating-website-spiking-glass-ros-ecstasy.html

Or maybe she took or was given a legal high and reacted badly.

Another thing that is popular at the moment with the younger generation that can sometimes cause death is balloons. Basically inhaling nitrous oxide "hippy crack" , usually from a balloon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back