UK UK - Charlene Downes, 14, Blackpool England, Nov 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've just watched the end again as it hasn't been deleted off planner yet so it was easy to access. It's Lloyd who they mention at the end and Lloyd who they say lived above the alley at the time. If it was him I dread to think how often Charlene must have been down that alley doing god knows what for him to take notice of her.
Thanks,

I've just re-watched the end too, I'm mistaken. No idea what I was thinking of. They're definitely pointing towards NL.

Being pretty close to Blackpool and the same age as Charlene I'd heard the stories over the years, she'd been cut up and served in kebabs.
After watching the documentary I'm absolutely disgusted. This poor girl was failed, she was failed by so many in her life.
I believe she was a victim of child grooming rings however I don't think it's them that caused her end. I really honestly believe it's her parents that hold the key to what really happened.
They had many men coming in and out, including on the day she vanished. The man that day was also convicted of being a peodophile (sorry about the spelling but I'm not googling it to correct it). Her parents didn't call to report her missing for 2 days....is that because they knew the police would find something if they came earlier?

I really do hope she ran away, away from the family that failed her. Away from the men that abused her. But I get the feeling that Charlene isn't alive.
Every large town has a seedy side. It's your job as a parent to protect your children from it, not invite it into your home.

I lived near the North Station at the time of Charlene Downes disappearance. Has the woman seen near Cash Convertors with her been traced? Her family have gone very quiet since the TV documentaries.
It's unlikely Charlene ran away and is still alive. No trace of her flagged up on benefits hospital or bank access. A 14 year old starting afresh is the stuff of Hollywood thrillers

i wonder weather shes even and dident just run away from abusers.

I'd love for it to just be that she ran away and is living a new life but I think it's highly unlikely. A vulnerable 14-year-old girl with no means of supporting herself being alive after all this time (and without telling anyone her whereabouts) just doesn't seem feasible to me.

I went to Blackpool today and noticed the alleyway between Clifton Street and Talbot Road has now got a wall errected near to the entrance on Abingdon Street. This was one of the areas Charlene was last seen making me very suspicious what's being hidden there

are so ust after talking to case worker she goes missig anybody think the 2 things are no related who saw her talking t her case worker what was telling her did somomone think this ment she had to be silenced.

and no im not cusing the case worker of anything.

hdent she made compliants about people a few days before was the case worker following up on that.

Charlene was due to be taken into care in the next few days. Had she been found she wasn't going back to her family. So sad she was so near to escaping from abuse

Has anyone read Karen downes book?
Borrowed from the library out of curiosity

A whitewash ghost written by Joe Cusack. He wrote it before being given the files. The files are on Pinterest and make grim reading. The abuse of Charlene and her sisters by the parents and the many sex offenders Robert Downes brought to the house is not mentioned. Nor is the 2 day wait to report her missing, the parents were selling the girls for sex,

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustMe196503
Back