UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
its really sad to think of claudia naively shrugging off all these dangers she was getting herself into and yet all the time worrying about her weight
It's sad but not surprising. To me, she didnt to lose any weight at all but she was prepared to walk all that way in the cold and dark to do it. She didnt like photos of herself. These things IMO suggests low self esteem. So does having multi affairs (if she did, which seems likely). She was a people pleaser. One of these things may have led to her murder.

To know the killer, know the victim.

JMO

Catching up after a break away. If CL did switch to vodka, it may tie in with the fact she was walking to work (rather than accepting lifts or taxi offers from her dad) because she wanted to lose a few pounds. Vodka is a low cal drink, compared to cider (Quick research 76 cals vodka tonic and lime, 210 pint of cider).
Perhaps she wasn't allowed to drive legally (after long nights and many drinks) and avoided some withdrawal of her driving license, if walking.

Perhaps she wasn't allowed to drive legally (after long nights and many drinks) and avoided some withdrawal of her driving license, if walking.
Always possible, but I think I read in Gone that when her car was in for repair, she walked to lose a couple of pounds. I may be wrong tho, was some time ago I read it!

Always possible, but I think I read in Gone that when her car was in for repair, she walked to lose a couple of pounds. I may be wrong tho, was some time ago I read it!
You are right, I have read it several times also. We don't know though, if she told her parents the truth.

You are right, I have read it several times also. We don't know though, if she told her parents the truth.
True. We don't really know the full extent of the lifts she was getting in the mornings do we @FromGermany. We know DO would pick her up because he said so in the Channel 5 doc. We know MS did too as this was mentioned by a pub regular who knew him to one of the news reporters. She might have been taken to work by secret boyfriends too. I wonder if NYP found any cctv of her walking TO work in the dark mornings. As you say, it seems her parents were completely in the dark about her routines.

On YouTube a week ago some videos have been uploaded by someone called Fraser muir - is that anyone who posts on here? Anyway it’s enhanced cctv footage and the guy is not carrying a rucksack which I thought might have been hers but a holdal. Horrible thought but were parts of her in there :(
The first clip is interesting because it appears to give more detail about clothing as well as face.

True. We don't really know the full extent of the lifts she was getting in the mornings do we @FromGermany. We know DO would pick her up because he said so in the Channel 5 doc. We know MS did too as this was mentioned by a pub regular who knew him to one of the news reporters. She might have been taken to work by secret boyfriends too. I wonder if NYP found any cctv of her walking TO work in the dark mornings. As you say, it seems her parents were completely in the dark about her routines.
I'm one of the very few people, who never had a driving license, unfortunately (crying, haha). My first thought was years ago, when I heard about the long pub nights, drinking, early shifts and driving a car: how did CL manage that all together?

I'm one of the very few people, who never had a driving license, unfortunately (crying, haha). My first thought was years ago, when I heard about the long pub nights, drinking, early shifts and driving a car: how did CL manage that all together?
I read that she never drove after a heavy night of drinking. And obviously didn't drive at all for a few weeks before her disappearance.

:(:(:(:(

As she spent a lot of time (nights?) in Acomb in the weeks before she disappeared, she must have made her way to work from there sometimes. When on a later shift, she could have got the bus, as there’s a direct one from Ac to UoY. Or she could have got lifts with the people she was staying with (Anth N.? new boyfriend?) I’m still baffled by her Ac connection and frustrated I’m not finding out more, given that’s on my doorstep. :(

I read that she never drove after a heavy night of drinking. And obviously didn't drive at all for a few weeks before her disappearance.
Not quite right ... her father lent her his car probably when he was away with her Aunty and possibly weekends when he was not working !

On YouTube a week ago some videos have been uploaded by someone called Fraser muir - is that anyone who posts on here? Anyway it’s enhanced cctv footage and the guy is not carrying a rucksack which I thought might have been hers but a holdal. Horrible thought but were parts of her in there :(
Definitely looks more like a holdall than a rucksack

Definitely looks more like a holdall than a rucksack

From my analysis hes has both ruck sack and large bag.
Heres the still of him you wont be able to use zoom unfortunaltely cos I had to do that in cleaning it up (perhaps an old fshioned magnifyer would do it) below it is the still frame I managed to capture of him for those who may be interested in working on it yourselves.
upload_2020-6-8_14-23-40.png
upload_2020-6-8_14-25-32.png

From my analysis hes has both ruck sack and large bag.
Heres the still of him you wont be able to use zoom unfortunaltely cos I had to do that in cleaning it up (perhaps an old fshioned magnifyer would do it) below it is the still frame I managed to capture of him for those who may be interested in working on it yourselves.
View attachment 250334
View attachment 250335
A lot clearer than the footage dished out by the nyp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads