UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk...d-in-claudia-lawrence-investigation-1-6746949

People living around the imposing brick building said officers arrived in a number of vehicles at about 8am and worked inside throughout the day as colleagues maintained a cordon around the car park.

Late this afternoon drilling could be heard coming from inside the premises. Around half an hour later a police crime scene officer left carrying drilling equipment in a case...

Uniformed officers guarded the perimeter of the building and other police could be seen working inside the building and, from time to time, take objects out into waiting vehicles. Some of the things taken out appeared to be doors, wrapped in plastic.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/5-new...udia-lawrence-tells-us-he-has-nothing-to-hide

The pub landlord arrested and released last night by police investigating the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence has told 5 News "I've got nothing to hide, I've done nothing wrong. I just feel for her family because this sort of thing must give them false hope"...

North Yorkshire Police have not confirmed the identity of the man they arrested and won't comment further on the investigation.

Paul told 5 News that he was originally interviewed by police in 2009 as matter of routine because he knew Claudia. He believes he was arrested yesterday in response to a new statement recently given to police by a third party.

Pub landlord NOT happy.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/everyones-saying-murdered-claudia-lawrence-3908145

He also told how police used a jackhammer in the pub cellar, digging a hole 3ft by 3ft and 2in deep in concrete which he said was 20 years old.

“If they cannot tell the difference between old concrete and new concrete then they shouldn’t be detectives,” he said.

“Now I have a hole in my cellar and they have taken two doors off from upstairs. There are 22 doors upstairs, why they have taken two I do not know.

“I asked them if they didn’t suspect me of doing anything, then why are they searching my pub?”

2000 days since Claudia went missing, her dad's just been on the news. "Every day has felt like a lifetime" he said. So sad. Where on earth is she?!

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/regional/man-released-in-missing-chef-probe-1-6957272

A man arrested on suspicion of murdering missing university chef Claudia Lawrence from York has been released without charge, police said.

The 60-year-old- named locally as former lab technician Michael Snelling - was arrested in May on suspicion of killing Miss Lawrence, who has not been seen since March 2009. North Yorkshire police said that he had been released from his bail.

A 46-year-old arrested in July on suspicion of perverting the course of justice remains on police bail.

Thanks so much okiegranny for the update on this. I remember her going missing like it was yesterday!!! someone knows!!!

No idea, it's strange how many river bodies they find there.

Could this be Claudia? I hate to say it and I very much doubt it, but I kinda hope so....

Not that I know of. I just saw this on the York press facebook feed. Seems like so many lately whats going on? They pulled a man safely out of the river just a few days ago after he fell/jumped in (police say jumped the man says he fell)

Off topic but suicide attempts are way underestimated. I used to live by the main river in Ireland and there was constant ''jumpers''.It could be a suicide hot spot, I do believe there are many. Due to the stigma, shame and every negative feeling about their actions it's not spoken about which is probably why he said he fell.

Off topic but suicide attempts are way underestimated. I used to live by the main river in Ireland and there was constant ''jumpers''.It could be a suicide hot spot, I do believe there are many. Due to the stigma, shame and every negative feeling about their actions it's not spoken about which is probably why he said he fell.

Totally. I'm sure that is what it is sadly, just concerning the rate it seems to be the last year or 2. ajc I very, very much doubt it could have been Claudia and the body is that of a man, this is the latest http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/11608734.Man_s_body_found_in_River_Foss/

What do you think happened to her Skibs? Just asking as you're local!

What do you think happened to her Skibs? Just asking as you're local!

Sorry for the late response ajc! I would probably have had a better idea if I was here at WS in 09, and aware of all details. My Mum had her stroke in Jan 09, I was back and forth to the hospital most of the year, then my meltdown happened. I saw it on the news but not in depth and I STILL don't know much, the area I do know though, like the back of my hand.

I have had several theories. She worked at the University which has a high amount of over seas students, the person responsible for her disappearance could be local or could have been a student who is long gone back overseas.

If that was Claudia sighted on the bridge in Melrosegate, it could be seen as an ideal place to assault someone at that time of the morning. The old railway line runs beside it, now a walkway/cyclepath that goes from one side of the city to the other. The council tip is right beside it too, with a large are of wasteland and a gypsy camp.

I think someone knew her schedule, knew her route to work, knew what time she left for work. What I am not sure of is if it was someone she knew, or someone who had just observed her walk that way on her way to work. That's if she made it that far, do we really know if she left for work that morning? There is a Shell petrol station at the top of Melrosegate at the junction with Lawrence Street (freaky coincidence) Hull Road and Green Dykes Lane. If she made it that far she wasn't too far from the Uni, just up Green Dykes Lane about 1 mile, I'm pretty sure the petrol station has CCTV and would have shown Claudia walk past (not certain though)

Right at the top of Green Dykes Lane is another area she could have been dragged off, fields and an alleyway, I used to go there to sledge when I was a kid. I have a vague memory of reports of a car stopped there talking to a female, but I'm not sure if that was ruled out..

I think she was murdered, who, where idk, but if she had left for work that morning my gut tells me one of those 2 spots was where something happened.

I need to read up on everything again, refresh my memory and see what I may have missed. I'll take some screen shots on google maps to show the areas too

claudia.PNG

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zZD4sPiErdd8.kUL-TvST3i5o

It gets me too, I always wanted to know why police were confident enough to change it to a 'murder' investigation with no body. We can possibly assume she is no longer with us, but with no proof, can we really say for certain?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just seen on tv that Police eill be searching the alleyway behind Claudias house in the hope of unearthing "fresh clues". What are they hoping to find so long after her disappearance?? I hope it was searched initially

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13