UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry greg, I should have refreshed the page before I posted ! :facepalm:

Phil Bodmer ‏@philbodmer 49s49 seconds ago
TV crews arriving in Heworth, #York at home of Claudia Lawrence, police arrest man on suspicion of murder, @BBCNews

CAyjMr-WAAASAoO.jpg

https://twitter.com/philbodmer

Hope this is the right guy & He gives up her location so her family can have some peace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Peter Lawrence, Claudia's father, told the York Press he was contacted late this morning by North Yorkshire Police with the news.

He said: "We obviously welcome the development and at this stage can't really say much more than that. It shows that us keeping it in the public eye, and all the recent police activity and new investigation is obviously worth it."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/claudia-lawrence-missing-man-fifties-5386239

TV crews turning up and the family being supported by liaison officers - sounds as though this is a serious breakthrough - let's hope so

Well it looks like I was wrong that too much time had passed for the release of the CCTV footage to be of much help.

I really hope they have the right man this time. I don't think I've seen such direct reference to not haming anybody on social media before. I wonder if the person is high profile in some way.

JMO

Well it looks like I was wrong that too much time had passed for the release of the CCTV footage to be of much help.

I really hope they have the right man this time. I don't think I've seen such direct reference to not haming anybody on social media before. I wonder if the person is high profile in some way.

JMO

It does look serious with all these warnings being given out ...... not sure about high profile, probably just easy for locals to work out who the person is and police clearly dont want to run any risk

JMO

It does look serious with all these warnings being given out ...... not sure about high profile, probably just easy for locals to work out who the person is and police clearly dont want to run any risk

Work surrounding her Samsung D900 mobile phone showed from cell site activity that she was in the Acomb area of York in the weeks leading up to her disappearance, and that the phone was deliberately turned off by someone at about 12:10am Thursday, March 19 2009

http://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk...222?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I had never read that about her phone being switched off only ten minutes into Thursday March 19 - i

JMO

Exactly what I thought too.

Oh wow. I was completely surprised when I heard this news on the radio but my computer has been frozen all day and I couldn't find out a thing more. Thanks for the updates. I hope Claudia can be found at last, I really do. It's been too long.

LE might be protecting children at this point.
rbbm.
"Neighbours in the quiet suburban street said the arrested man, the second held on suspicion of Claudia's murder in the past year, is believed to be married with children.

He is being questioned at an unnamed police station and remains in custody".

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-murder-Claudia-Lawrence.html#ixzz3VEJYicHL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

>snip>

"He cannot be named because police say his identity is key to the investigation".

My first thoughts on seeing the cctv is that the man had been renovating an empty house, left his toolbag there to go to the pub, then picked them up on his way home.

The other thought was that it could have been someone going to Claudia's to pick overnight things up, because a relationship had come to an end and she wanted his things out? And just maybe he stewed on that and came back later?

How she was disappeared without being captured on cctv I don't know. I hope her home has been searched, thoroughly. Including in the ceilings and under floors.

Work surrounding her Samsung D900 mobile phone showed from cell site activity that she was in the Acomb area of York in the weeks leading up to her disappearance, and that the phone was deliberately turned off by someone at about 12:10am Thursday, March 19 2009

http://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk...222?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

[/I]

That is interesting, I haven't heard that before either.

I've recently found out from another case that there is a distinct difference between a phone being actively switched off and just running out of battery but I suppose it might only be useful information if we knew for sure that Claudia didn't turn her phone off routinely every night.

Ime nowadays phones have a night time mode but I'm not sure if they did 6 years ago, maybe she turned it off so she wasn't disturbed at night.

JMO

LE might be protecting children at this point.
rbbm.
"Neighbours in the quiet suburban street said the arrested man, the second held on suspicion of Claudia's murder in the past year, is believed to be married with children.

He is being questioned at an unnamed police station and remains in custody".

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-murder-Claudia-Lawrence.html#ixzz3VEJYicHL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

>snip>

"He cannot be named because police say his identity is key to the investigation".

I wonder what the chances of keeping his name secret actually are if this sort of info is coming out in MSM already

Oh my word.... please please let this come to something this time. Could it be the same bloke as last time?

I know the likelihood of an alive and well ending are remote, but her poor family needs this resolving.

My first thoughts on seeing the cctv is that the man had been renovating an empty house, left his toolbag there to go to the pub, then picked them up on his way home.

The other thought was that it could have been someone going to Claudia's to pick overnight things up, because a relationship had come to an end and she wanted his things out? And just maybe he stewed on that and came back later?

How she was disappeared without being captured on cctv I don't know. I hope her home has been searched, thoroughly. Including in the ceilings and under floors.

The workman scenario sounds plausible, also wonder if someone ( a hairdresser?) picked up Claudia's bag, possibly containing her missing hair supplies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody