UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm i read this one:

http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/13171

Det Supt Malyn said: "From the review of all the evidence available, including the fact that Claudia's bed was made and it appears that she had eaten breakfast and brushed her teeth, it is our belief that she had left for work on the morning of Thursday 19 March 2009.

Wouldn't she have been spotted on CCTV on the 19th then? When walking to work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmm i read this one:

Det Supt Malyn said: "From the review of all the evidence available, including the fact that Claudia's bed was made and it appears that she had eaten breakfast and brushed her teeth, it is our belief that she had left for work on the morning of Thursday 19 March 2009.

Surely her bed being made and breakfast dishes left out could have been from the day before?

I like the theory that Claudia might not have been home that evening/night. It would certainly explain why her straighteners were missing - she would have wanted those for when she got ready for work in the morning.

......... or someone needed/used the cord on the other end ................?

Sorry, I don't want to sleuth on this thread, but "have to" write one thought.

Could she have maybe left for work and taken the straighteners with her to do her hair someplace at work?..She was meeting friend in the pub after work the day she went missing and failed to arrive. /shrug.

I'm not sure what to think, she could have gone out the night before and not returned. The breakfast bowels and bed etc could have been from the night before. If she didn't expect to come home in the early AM prior to going to work she could have made the bed.

There was a question earlier about why it was believed that she was at home when speaking on the phone to her parents. Her mother stated early on in the case that they chatted about Location, Location, Location, which they were both watching at the time. This is not of course a guarantee that she was at home but it explains the thinking behind the assumption.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/mar/28/missing-people-claudia-lawrence

There was a question earlier about why it was believed that she was at home when speaking on the phone to her parents. Her mother stated early on in the case that they chatted about Location, Location, Location, which they were both watching at the time. This is not of course a guarantee that she was at home but it explains the thinking behind the assumption.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/mar/28/missing-people-claudia-lawrence

"Ray Galloway was heading up the inquiry. He admitted that, in his "professional judgment", Claudia had "probably come to some harm". Rather than focus on her unlikely abduction by a stranger on her walk into work on Thursday morning, he highlighted the fact that her usually "prolific" texts had ceased shortly after 8pm on Wednesday. It was possible, he said, she had gone missing that evening." - A quote from the above link....... I too am now thinking that she probably came to harm on the Wednesday evening.

Yes indeed and hence the police focus on the man seen in cctv around an hour before she stopped texting.

Re the CCTV. I wonder if Claudia was pretending to be out, maybe the guy knocked on the front and then went to the rear to look for a light, maybe in the bathroom or bedroom. It looks to me that he had the bag when he first walked up the street, so was he going to work? Maybe starting a night shift. If he was then he wasn't going too far as he wouldn't be in a car. So did she eventually let him in? I wonder if the Police checked if there was a no show employee that night at a nearby business.

Weird though, why take straighteners but not your bank cards, mobile charger or toothbrush etc? Not sure about the toothbrush but she prolly had an electric given her pride in her appearance.

Well, if her phone was fully charged , then no charger needed and if she had gone off to a boyfriend, then no doubt toothbrush etc available at his place.
So just throw in her outfit for the following day and hair straighteners.
I also wouldnt be taking a bank card if I was only overnighting and then going on to work and back home the following day

Two questions- what gave parents the idea that she was calling from home?

And was it ever determined what she had posted? I'm suprised more had never been made of that fact

I thought she was given a lift home to her door by a work colleague.
I know she was then seen, several minutes later , walking down the road.

So did the colleague drop her off near to her home but not at the door ? or is that video of CL when she came back out of her house ?

And, if it is a video of her coming back out of her house to post her letter ( or whatever it was ) then wouldnt she turn back round to go home again ?

Hmm i read this one:

Or - perhaps - the bed was made from the morning, because she never slept there that night.
She brushed her teeth before she departed to whereever she was going that evening ..........and the breakfast dishes/items could have been her supper ( I sometimes have cereal or toast in the evenings )

This new police team which has re-opened the investigation does seem to be pulling out all the stops though. I am wondering if the questioning of multiple suspects is all part of them building a case for conspiracy. They seem to be employing a tactic of holding back some information while at the same time doing the police version of prodding a wasps' nest with a stick, to see what they can provoke. If they've got her phone records they must, presumably, have a good idea of who she was close to at the time, who it was that she spent all her time phoning and texting.

I've never consciously watched it with more than 48K of my RAM, but isn't "Location, Location, Location" on fairly early in the evenings? Over and done with by 9PM?

Hello Woollybear and apologies for not welcoming you earlier .,... I was so busy making points ( most of which had already been made far more eloquently before me ! ) that I was logged off before I remembered to wave to you

Hope you enjoy sleuthing with us

:welcome4::welcome4:

Hello Woollybear and apologies for not welcoming you earlier .,... I was so busy making points ( most of which had already been made far more eloquently before me ! ) that I was logged off before I remembered to wave to you

Hope you enjoy sleuthing with us

:welcome4::welcome4:

Thank you. This is certainly a fascinating forum and I could easily waste acres of time on here when I should really be working!

Thank you. This is certainly a fascinating forum and I could easily waste acres of time on here when I should really be working!
Work? What is work? I've spent seriously too much time on here and not enough working lately..

I'm confused now. I thought CL must live in Heworth Place, which is where the person seen on the CCTV was going. But if she lives a few doors from the pub. then she lives on Heworth Road, is that right? So the alleyway runs between those two roads (at least the section where her house and the pub is), but I can't see how CCTV man would have had time to go round and along the alleyway and actually to her house. What am I missing?

I'm confused now. I thought CL must live in Heworth Place, which is where the person seen on the CCTV was going. But if she lives a few doors from the pub. then she lives on Heworth Road, is that right? So the alleyway runs between those two roads (at least the section where her house and the pub is), but I can't see how CCTV man would have had time to go round and along the alleyway and actually to her house. What am I missing?
Yes her house is on Heworth Road.

The Police were simply trying to identify him.

Possibly to contradict an alibi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member